1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Relationship Babbling Thread (alias Relationship Rant Thread #2)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'd go for a single red rose, but I'm soppy and sentimental.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Red roses are a bit cliched though.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The plus of red roses is that women know what they mean. If they don't like the meaning, they can always pretend they don't catch it. Then you can pretend you didn't mean it. Pinks are more or less safe because she can interpret them the way she wants (and act accordingly). Avoid whites unless you know what you're doing because they are oh so nuptial. Yellows are quite noble because they mean you respect her a lot and have warm feelings for her without necessarily hitting on her.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nah, pinks are *too* safe. They're too ambiguous and wishy-washy. Nobody knows what to make of receiving pink roses.

5. chevalier

Media:
    That's the point.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The yellow one are kind of neat though, I think I'll use this one.

edit; So a single yellow flower should tell her I respect her and want to continue our relation eh?

[ January 19, 2006, 03:45: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

A nice big snog would be a better way of showing it!

8. chevalier

Media:
    Ofelix, yes, but yellow roses are friendly, so they don't give romantic hints... I think. She's probably going to get a nice vibe, something unintrusive. ;)

9. Ofelix

Media:
    Well if everything goes well I'll finish the letter this week-end and go buy the flower(s) tuesday after school since there is a flower shop near my college.

10. chevalier

Media:
    Watch if the flowers are fresh enough. :) If roses aren't spectacular, get something exotic. Not overly romantic if you don't feel confident/decided enough to ask if she wants a relationship with you. Plus, romance is a lot of fun, so hurry is bad. :p

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Just so you know I send via regular mail both the letter and the yellow flower. Wish me luck :roll:

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Good on ya, dude. Hope it works out just fine. T'would have been better to give it to her in person, but still.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Aye, however 'twould more difficult to I, to conquer my shyness in order to give her in proper hands. Love shall always find a way no matter what! 'tis what I believe.

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wonder if anyone has considered changing this thread from "Relationship Rant" to something that indicates the positive discussions in here as well.

15. Ofelix

Media:
    'twould be a good idea indeed. But to what name?

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

They could be positive rants, but rants nonetheless.

Update: I've decided that the girl that I have been talking about is the sole recipient of my affection (in less mechanical, un-human words: I like only her :p ). Now I'm just figuring out when to say what I want to say, and I'm trying to judge how she will respond. I prefer going in prepared, so I know how to react, and so on.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Okay, I'll take care of changing the name.

Good on ya, Saber, that you finally made up your mind. I wish you luck.

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:bang: So I know some of you were following the stuff going on that I was posting in RB, and I figured I'd just do a quick vent here.

She sent me an email yesterday morning, trying to explain her reasons. I really don't buy them. That she needs to get away from where she is, and his place is the only one she can think of.

From what he has said, he is not happy with the idea either, and I'm hoping that he will also tell her to bugger off.

19. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Lai, do you and your boyfriend live together or separately?

20. Disciple of The Watch

What kind of bull**** is that? If she really needs to get away, a trip of some kind is much better suited than sulking at an ex's place. Sounds to me she's desperarly trying to crawl back in his life.

It's a good start is he's not overjoyed by the idea, though. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you that he'll tell her to f*** off. Hope all turns out for the best, Lai.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.