1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Relationship Babbling Thread (alias Relationship Rant Thread #2)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Yeah, it's only Lauries bed I can't sleep in. We slept great last night in my bed.

2. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Chev's analysis went boinkers, it seems. Jigga's in trouble now.

Do you want me to consult Mrs Palm for you?

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Jiggajay: So maybe if you have same classes together, you should get to know her a little better. This means that she'll know you a little better as well. If she's the smart girl she seems to be, then it would really pay off to know her, maybe have her as a friend at first. If you adore her, be nice to her and let her smile be the reward.

Cool those feelings a little, the fact that you adore her is nice, but you might just be in love with the idea of her you have constructed in your mind. If you don't know her, then you can't tell what she's really like.

This is in no contradiction with taking her out on a date, but I know very little about dating so that's not exactly anything where my counsel would necessarily be of any use. In any case dating is a way of getting to know her; don't emphasize the meaning of taking her out too much. Talk to her, listen carefully to what she says, have wonderful conversations, maybe you'll find that you have a lot in common, that you have similar aspirations and maybe you'll find out that she likes you as well.

Best of luck, in any case.

Edit: a typo!

4. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Erm... Chev? You missed the point kinda... Yeah...

And Susi, go ahead and consult Ms. Palm :)

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Erm, right. Editing. ;)

6. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

yes but Chev, its not just the outfit-- thats a great bonus though :) She is brilliant, always smiling, ALWAYS laughing. Trust me, it's definitely NOT because she's one of the "cool" girls and I need to prove myself, I don't need to prove myself to anyone in my class because they all adore me :) (where do you think i got the name jiggajay? XP) She's one of those nice girls who ALWAYS does her homework and is flustered (and cute >.>) when "unprepared" for a speech or some other assignment.

yes, I am DEFINITELY into HER.

*goes on staring at sky and being a hopeless romantic...*

7. Benan Gems: 20/31

Then go for it. It's that simple.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Less talk, more action, Jigga! Stop talking about it and go for it!

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I definitively need something to do to change my mind, quick! Like real quick it's driving me mad!

10. Disciple of The Watch

Play some old BG1 or Morrowind, Ofelix. That's what I'm gonna do in a few minutes. Keeps the boredom away, though I can't stop thinking about my sweetie.

11. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Err... What about table tennis? Or Fox hunting? Wait... they banned that. Bugger.

Oh! Computer Games! Thank God for that, eh? I owe Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time a debt for filling time after splitting up with my ex, not to mention NWN: SoU. The whole time dilation effect of "just 15 more minutes" works wonders, I find. ;)

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, JiggaJay, in her case, it looks unlikely that she's into cheerleading for the sexy thing. If she's flustered when less than 100% prepared for a class and has never really had a boyfriend... (Don't trust such conclusions too much, though. ;) ) However, you must bear in mind that other guys get to see her the way you do and they react the way you do. You must also be prepared with the fact that she's comfortable with that. I don't know what kind of clothes and moves it is in your school (I've seen everything, from cute to naughty), but if it's something naughty, you should consider what I said. :) A guy's perspective on such things changes a couple of weeks or months (or years) into the relationship. Many guys fall for such things but make a problem out of them later on. Just don't seek a problem where there's none but try to keep a cool head. ;)

Oh, and if you approach her, don't behave as if she were a celebrity and you were her fan. ;) You wouldn't like to have a worshipper of a girlfriend, either, would you? ;)

13. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

My GF is very depressed since her long time friend commited suicide. And she fails to listen to my words (I tell her not to think about it). Instead she brings back names of her friends who died. I need to undertake some serious actions.

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Try to keep your male problem-solving thinking advice to a minimum, Undertaker. ;) Just be there for her, listen, surround her with love, let her see there is good stuff in the world.

I think that will get you further in the end. :) You can't just banish things from your thoughts after all. :)

15. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

First of all she needs a hug. A very strong and long hug. Then maybe she won't think about it. As for me, being a driver, I encounter death every week. I just don't think about some things, it wouldn't change a thing, I can't help them, no one can. Death is certain, life is not.

16. Benan Gems: 20/31

[qoute]First of all she needs a hug. A very strong and long hug.[/quote]

Then thats all you should be doing. My girlfriend is the same way when she gets upset about things.

She has terrible dreams, about friends of hers that have died and some about her sister, her best friends and myself dieing in the same way. It's always the same dream, of us all being attacked by someone. When she has this dream, she whimpers and jumps in he sleep, so right away I know what to do. Just wake her up and wrap my arms around her.

Instead of trying to fix things with logic and words, all us guys should know/learn that the best we can do when a girl is upset, is give them something to hold onto and talk at.

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Yeah, you're right. I won't acomplish anything with logic and words. A simple hug makes wonders.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Agreed. Where logic fails, emotions prevail. I also agree about the famous "Death is certain, life is not" adage. Life is extremely fragile.

19. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Death is the only inescapable, unavoidable, sure thing. We are sentenced to die the day we're born.
    Although there are many people which don't want to hear it.
    The fragile art of existance...

20. Disciple of The Watch

Everything that begins must end. Everything that grows withers. Fear of death is irrational. Death is the end of one thing, but the beginning of another.

Back on topic, I still hate long-distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.