1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Relationship Babbling Thread (alias Relationship Rant Thread #2)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    :thumb: Not that rational talking is out of the question, but if we feel really vulnerable a simple hug will generally help us more than a long analysis of the problem.

Sounds like you know how to take care of it, then, Undertaker. :) Good luck. :)

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's not an exclusively male thing, actually. :shake:

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Heh, you guys contemplate death way too much... me, I just live my life. Sure, I'll die, and I'm not scared of the thought, but hell, might as well live the best I can. We only get one life.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Still thinking of Catherine It's really begening to be unhealthy... I must stop, I know it's irrational and completely stupid but I just can't let out of me mind! Arr!

5. chevalier

Media:
    So stop complaining. Accept the fact that you think of her. ;) And think of her, if you want. Pretending she doesn't exist won't do any good.

@Iku-Turso: Skimming through the page once again, I ended up re-reading your post and perhaps there's something we could explain. I don't know what exactly you mean by dating... I think the way it was used when I was a bit younger, there was no contradiction between being friends and going on a date. Well, it was just going somewhere with someone of the opposite gender. Not necessarily much different from going to the same kind of place with a friend of your own gender. But nowadays I think people are inclined to see it as something romantic or sexual by default. I guess what I'm trying to say is that too much romantic atmosphere crosses the line before which one can call it just friends. But I'm quite sure you agree with me on this one, so just for the sake of clarity...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, I've been newsless of my gf for a little while now, and it's worrying me. That's not her style. Something is brewing in the horizon, and I don't like the feeling I have.

7. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

well DotW...at this point I would put my self in the mindframe of getting bad news...if you don't its a pleasant surprise and if you do it won't hurt as bad.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Hugs make wonders :D Nuff said ;)

9. chevalier

Media:
    Congrats, Undertaker. :p

@DoTW: Can't phone her or something?

10. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Such sad news here today... :(

I hope everybody's girl friend is doing better.

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Well, I decided yesterday that the best way of forgetting my woman troubles was to get drunk at our Burns Night meal.

So I did.

I've just finished cleaning (with the immense help of my saintly younger brother), but it was definatley worth it.

I had a great evening, and I was too drunk to care when she turned up.

12. Disciple of The Watch

I DID phoned her, chev, I stumbled on the stupid voicemail. She still hasn't called back. This doesen't look good, at all. I'm waiting to hear from her, but I hate having to rely on my 5165 and it's anemic battery, 8 days standby mode, 4 minutes talk time. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Nah chev, this is a small school (80 ppl in my grade)and all they do are stunts and stuff (human pyramids, throwing into the air, nothing too baring... darn :) ) What I meant by flustered gets sad and worried, scared for her grade kind of thing and looks up and blows her hair. (thats right I noticed) and goes "oh no my speech is going to be terrible" and I say "make it up as you go along like I always do (I have a bluff check of like 23 i swear to god, even my teachers claim I am the god of BS) and get an A" and she goes "oh josh I'm not as good as you are I couldn't do that..."

Erm, got carried away there... And yes Chev, I would love to have a worshipper of a GF :D . And yes, I did a little less talk and did a little more actiion!!

I went to the basketball game Friday and couldn't help myself to staring a little >.> Well, my best bud got a note in his sweater saying "call me" and gave a cell number and I said "I wish I got those kind of things" (he's a playa) And he says "Josh, you gotta givem THE EYE. "Whats that?" I says, and he goes watch. The dork then spouts the name of the goddess of my affection and hides, she began looking our way, and I proceed to do THE EYE (i used to be good at it) and got a blush and a smile back, followed by a turn away :D . The dork laughs and says "dude, that was prolly the best thing I could have done for you." (he's best buds with her best friend, I dunno if they talk or not >()

Yes I take these kind of signals too far, but I am just weird like that. And I'm rambling again... Crap.

Ah yes, on the subject of death I think you only live once. So live it (I wish I could live it without regrets but I'm too much of a damn coward :*() Don't waste your time with death or BEING "GOOD" FOR FEAR OF AN AFTERLIFE (IE Religion) *waits for flaming comment*

14. chevalier

Media:
    Ah, I see. :) Looks like the classic, good cheerleading. ;) Throwing into the air can be lots of fun except I don't like the panty flashing involved in most cases. ;) It's not like I care a whole damn lot but I wouldn't like my daughter to do that.

Hehe, yes, I know the kind of flustered effect you're describing. It's quite cute. Geeky girls can be quite cute when they are in a bouncy mood from all the studying hype, as well. :D

Hehe again, looks like each of you overrates the other. :shake: Good for you. I sense real love there. :shake: ;)

Hehe yet again, good for you with the signals. ;) Except yes, don't overrate them. Sometimes it's nice and people are flattered but a relationship doesn't follow out of it in the long run. ;)

And I was good at that too. :D

Don't waste your time on being "good". Be good instead. ;)

[ January 30, 2006, 00:35: Message edited by: chevalier ]

15. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

YOU have a daughter? YOU!? THE ALMIGHTY CHEV?! :D

How old? ;) (kidding kidding >.> I'm already set on someone else.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Chev? A daughter? Unlikely. He's a bit older than I am, and besides, he's a good-thinking catholic waiting for marriage. :pope:

Well, guess what, she's alive. I received a cryptic email on my BlackBerry earlier in the evening, in which she told me her ISP was down, and out of airtime on her phone, and she also told me about an evening between friends during which she appearantly met someone, and extensively speaking of him.

It seems my bad feeling was probably justified. I'll try to find out more, but as for now, I'm revoking her status.

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jiggajay, you might as well go for it, before you fall into the horrible friend zone.

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

:lol: Guys, read chev's post more carefuly :p

19. chevalier

Media:
    @DoTW: Erm. Okay, as a person experienced in listening to crappy excuses, allow me to point out the following:

Her ISP was down from when to when? "My ISP was down on Saturday from 1 to 2 PM." I'm obviously exaggerating but sometimes girls follow this kind of logic.

Out of airtime on her phone... from when to when and why didn't she care to contact you in some other way? Plus, what did she use the airtime on?

Extensively speaking of a male she met during an evening between friends? Hehe, sorry. The meaning is only one. Even if she doesn't realise that. Plus, why would she be telling you? Come on, if she had been offline and off limits for several days and that was her first quick e-mail to her boyfriend, why would she even mention a male friend, let alone elaborate on him like that? Go realism! :rolleyes:

You know, girls sometimes feel the need to tell their boyfriends about the great guys they meet. And they expect boyfriends to be happy for them meeting such a great guy or something. Heck, one of them told me how great it was finally to be able to kiss some guy she used to have a crush on. I was enough of an idiot not to dump her.

I suppose your girlfriend, by that creepy cryptic e-mail is giving you the hint to stop contacting her. Come on, that's such a low style. It's not something a friend would do. If this were to prove true, I would revoke her status as a friend as well, if I were in your shoes.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Chevalier: Thank's for clarifying dating...thought as much, but since I've dated someone only once, I've little experience on the subject. And I'd like to go out with a girl, as her for a coffe or something and wouldn't think of it as something else than spending some time with a member of the opposite sex, but maybe that's just me, I might be a little too old-fashioned for that matter.

@DoTW: That sucks, truly. And you can't even ask her what's your status to her without ending up looking stupid. I'd pretend that she doesn't exist until she'd try to make contact...but if I was actually in the same situation I'd try to call her all the time, leave several e-mails and voice-mails and act all desperate and worried. Some women might enjoy that kind of thing, although if they'd do it on purpose, they'd be too sadistic for my liking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.