1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random School/Work-Venting Post

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

My worst work nightmare has come true... since I cannot become senior clerk or assistant-manager ()@!(*$^)!@(*^$)(*&)@*&%)!!!!) the one-woman power trip has stepped up to the plate. This has all the potential in the world to become very, very, very, very ugly very very very very fast. I hate that [expletive], if you haven't guessed by now, I hate her guts and I'm not her only detractor.

I think the transfer plans and moving to another town might come earlier than I expected... depending on how things go with my other coworker, she might or might not be a variable in the equation.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    DotW -- we all know you secretly love your job and coworkers.... :hahaerr:

3. Disciple of The Watch

I don't mind floor work or behind-the-scenes work, but I am running out of patience when it comes to entire shifts of serving morons. When I feel like bashing every customer's head against the counter, you know it's gonna be a blast, not in a good way.

And I've no beef with most of my coworkers, except for that immature 19 year old douchebag I want to slam in a wall and punch repeatedly with brass knucks on, and the one-woman power trip, what to say about her? 300 pounds of glorious power-tripping cause she's too fat and ugly to get F'N laid and takes an instant liking of having control over something in her life which means her overtly bossy power tripping and with my short fuse will make some fireworks. That being said, hell, I'm going to a freaking Metallica show with my boss. Works for me.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    See ... now we all feel the love. :hippy:

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Five two page (minimum) essays.
    Three small games to make without the appropriate programs.
    One twenty page (minimum) GDC.
    One powerpoint presentation.
    Three projects in Oracle/Apex.
    One project summarising previous three projects.

Halfway through my work and still have this left!:o

I hate Apex so much, that's actually the one thing I'm dreading the most! Can't stand that unit! It's literally a point and click fest as a CLASS, you learn NOTHING from it as you just follow instructions with NO explanation whatsoever!

6. Disciple of The Watch

Bwhahaha! I spoke with my soon-to-be former coworker about me going up as assistant-manager, gave me the speech about being at work for a longer time than me, and said that if he doesen't get promoted, he's out. Fatal mistake. My boss isn't someone who takes kindly to threats... and he was looking to boot his ass out, so I just handed my boss a reason on a silver platter. One [expletive] down, one 300 pound powertrip to go. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

School starts back up soon. Last year was miserable, hopefully this one will be less miserable. If I set my sights on 'terrible', I should be doing well.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm going to be at school for the entire day working on a super-hugely-massive presentation that requires access to a file server, which for some reason, isn't accessible outside of the school's network this past week...

Oh yeah, I have to give the presentation tonight, which includes a 50-slide PPT, 2 videos, and a practical demonstration of FTP, HTTP, LAN, and Bit Torrent file transfers! :bang:

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Don't suppose anyone has a spare SQL+ and Apex server anywhere a student can borrow access to? :rolleyes: the bloody uni ones won't let me in.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What's Apex? And what do you need SQL-wise? I can set you up with a regular MySQL or PostgreSQL database & FTP account if that'd help. Goes with your SPS account...

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Apex = Application Express, something Oracle made to make my life a little more boring.

As it is my teacher is being a little less than helpful addressing my problems logging in as "that's fine, just make sure you're logged in"

WAT?!

I need to make something based on databases already at the university, so I can't even access to replicate them and the three people on my course that actually talk to are not exactly friendly with me at the moment :rolleyes:

12. Disciple of The Watch

Just got my [expletive] schedule. Like I got nothing better to do than spend 8AM-6PM in that [expletive] piece of [expletive] trash called college four days a [expletive] week.

Excuse me while I go utterly annihlate something.

*EDIT* Speaking to my IPA, to switch programs I just have to show up next Monday at 13:45, an IPA will check if I meet the requirements for the program (which I absolutely exponentially exceed), and will proceed along with the change. This turns out better than I expected!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Tuesdays I have a management information systems class from 7:45-9. Then a lab for it from 9-11. Work from 11:30 to 8.

Tuesdays are gonna suck.

14. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    *sigh* The students are heading back to my workplace next week, and several servers are still acting up. Seems several conspired to destroy some of their RAM all within a few days of each other. IBM is going to wonder what we're doing to our servers!

15. Disciple of The Watch

My coworker officially got his ass canned. Why do I have a sly, evil grin on my face and why am I enjoying this so much, I wonder...? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good riddance, you immature piece of trash. Bwhahaha! My ambitions are a step closer now... only one undeserving coworker to step on and I'll be next to the top.

16. Saber

All of the classes I want are still full, which sucks. Looks like I am going to have to settle for things I am not interested in again.

Oh, and I am definitely dropping japanese; it made last year hell.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

And $599 for books... at least it's not $600 =/

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    This one dollar will go such a long way :lol:

19. Saber

Hey, that can buy a week's supply of Ramen noodles! :p

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Why are some people consistently late? What the <really hostile expletive) is wrong with these people? I fantasize about the next time a chronically late student is late to my class and has no good reason, just taking them outside and beating the living <comical expletive> right out of them until they can't <expletive>ing walk straight.

Then I'll say "NOW you have a reason to be late, you little <truly vile expletive>!"

My anger counselling course starts next Thursday.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.