1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Does anyone here watch that new A1 GP racing? The concept of people racing for their countries rather than their manufacturers seems interesting.

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    No mate, not a big racing fan.

Did you see NZ cheat their way to a win again GB in the Tri-Nations the other day? ;) Why that guy wasn't given a penalty try, I'll never know. It even went to the video referee, and everyone could see your lad knocked the ball out of our lads hand as he was about to score.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I see Cueto is out of the All Blacks test. That is another blow to the World Champs.

Meanwhile, NZ v Australia in the Champions Trophy semi final tonight. We'll get thrashed.

And enough moaning about refereeing decisions. They always go both ways.....

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

What a terrible opening night of basketball. The Heat goes belly up against the Bulls while the Suns are defeated by poor shooting. The Suns game was just frustrating to watch, no one in orange and purple could make a basket in the second half and the Lakers defense wasn't anything to be bragging about tonight either. Yuck.

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    @ Harbs - Ah well, we're going to get crucified in that test anyway. At least now Varndell might get a start.

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

On November the 5th it's decided; who will win the Swedish league. Elfsborg is in first place, one point ahead of the runner-up AIK, but they face a hard opponent in Djurgårdens IF. However, since AIK and DIF are lokal derby rivals, the fans of DIF demand that DIF loose so that their local rivals won't win the gold. A win for Elfsborg and they've won. A draw while AIK win, and it's over. A loss while AIK win and it's over, a loss while AIK draw and Elfsborg have won.

Go Elfsborg! Let's get the first gold in 45 years now!

8. Harbourboy

Man. We had Australia at 6-2 after 5 overs, then they came back but we still restricted them to an attainable 240. Then our useless top order collapsed to be 35-6. Then Dan Vettori comes in and gets 79, making a mockery of the top 6 batsmen and gets us within 34 runs of an unlikely victory. We still lost, but if just one more of the real batsmen had batted properly, instead of leaving all the work to the bowlers, we could have won easily. Oh well, back to the drawing board - next up for us is the VB series against Australia and England - should be a good one. Hope we find some better batsmen by then.

For all you non cricket fans out there, the game I just watched could be compared to a baseball game where you only needed 3 runs to win but all your main batters struck out, only to have your pitcher and backup pitcher come out and hit 2 home runs, making you curse that none of your real batters couldn't have at least have managed one run between them.

9. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Franklin is really hopeless at international level. It's time to give Jeetan Patel a decent crack at the starting XI. I like the look of Ross Taylor as well. Ross Taylor > Hamish Marshall.

10. Harbourboy

Hamish Marshall has got to go, surely. Lou Vincent and Peter Fulton must be on borrowed time as well. Our top order has been so disappointing. Imagine how useless they would be in a test match.

I reckon that Ross Taylor, Matthew Sinclair, and Jamie How must be recalled for the next series. They might not be any better than the current batsmen but they deserve to be given a chance because they can't do any worse than the incumbents have.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    To be fair, Australia never really looked like losing the game.

Glenn McGrath back with worrying good figures though...

12. Harbourboy

It's just frustrating when your lower order makes batting look easy.

But hard to believe that Glenn McGrath can still keep on going like he does, especially when Australia has loads of good young talent coming through, he can still continue to hold his place in the team through continued great performances.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yep, when your bowlers are showing your batsmen how to occupy the crease, there's something wrong. It's something I'm used to, with England's penchant for shocking batting collapses. Vettori is really developing himself into one of the worlds best allrounders though, future black caps captain for sure.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    Holy crap, how good is Floyd Mayweather. I'm still up at bloody 5am here, just to watch the Pretty Boy fight. It's the 9th round now and by my reckoning, Mayweather has won every single round. He's so fast, and slick. Baldomir has thrown so many punches at him, and I've not seen a single one connect properly. Mayweather just sends in big smashing punches through the gaps SO quickly. He's so accurate and his defensive technique is unreal.

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!! YES YES OH GOD YES!!

*ahem*

Just came home from partying, IF Elfsborg just won the Swedish Allsvenskan League in Football. They haven't done so since '61.

This have been the best year in football for me in all time. First the Italian Gold, now this.

16. Harbourboy

Well, the All Blacks beat England 41-20, but I there were some promising signs for England in this team. I think some of their new boys stood up well and it was good to see them actually get the ball out to their backs and to attack, rather than just sticking to the 10 man rugby tactics they have historically relied on. Can't believe that Sean Perry guy has only been playing rugby for a year. Amazing story.

Does go to show how much the All Blacks rely on Dan Carter though. Might have been a different game if Nick Evans had started, as planned.

17. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Sod off and die, please. :p

AIK should have won, it would have been the perfect ending. Well, I guess I'll blaim it on Djurgården, they probably *let* Elfsborg win... :mad: :o

18. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hey I like Nick Evans.
    :p

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    Carter got 26 points didn't he? Take him away and NZ are average IMO. He's a machine. Someone like him makes the difference, when you're up against a team with Charlie Hodgson who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

20. Harbourboy

Yeah if you took Carter away from NZ and added Wilkinson to England you might have seen a different result. Nevertheless, this was a test match and you play to win each one and 21 points is a bit of a hiding, if you ignore all the ifs, but, maybes, and could have beens.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.