1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

England were robbed of a try. Pretty awful decision I thought. ABs didn't play that well at all and still inflicted a record defeat on England at Twickenham. Keith Robinson was awesome. Great to see him back, he's much better than the erratic Williams.

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Bahir, did you see the game? If DIF threw the game, then they acted really, really well.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

England were robbed of a try. What a crazy decision that was.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I can't imagine that it woul have made much difference anyway. Even if Noon's try stood and England got on top a bit, I still feel as though the All Blacks had plenty more gears to step up into if we started to make a game of it.

England are still pretty crap, but at least we seem to have more running and ideas now. I just wish that we wouldn't run into trouble all the time. The amount of times I saw Sackey or Corry or whoever get the ball, and manage to run about 5 yards before getting tackled, it's bloody irritating. Pass the ball man! Keep it moving, keep the play going and up the tempo. Mind you, with the silly mistakes the team as a whole are making lately, I wouldn't put it past them to misslay the passes and concede more soft tries...

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, but when England did manage to pass the ball through the backline, they looked dangerous (more dangerous than any England side I have ever seen). If they can just play together a bit more and eliminate the silly mistakes, they could be a real threat.

Although the other area they would have to work on is the breakdown. Our loose forwards hammered you at ruck-time. Your current trio are nothing on what Hill, Back, and Dallaglio gave you in the past and you could do with finding at least one really good loose forward.

Through Jonny Wilkinson (he must be Shane Bond's twin brother judging by all his injuries) and you have a good looking rugby team. I much prefered the expansive running game that England tried to play to the boring 10 man game they have previously been famous for.

6. Register Gems: 29/31

I'm starting to think we need a general Sports-that-only-people-from-the-Brittish-Commonwealth-play topic. =P

7. Harbourboy

As opposed to the "sports that only Americans play" or "Football"?

Given that there are over a billion people living in the former British Empire (more than in the USA and the rest of non-British Europe combined), it seems only logical that we should take up a large proportion of this thread.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Which is why I wasn't serious, as the use of the '=P' smilie.

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ok, I'll contribute for the 'rest of the world'...
    What a crapy game Raiders did... Seahawks almot killed Raiders QB.

Ronaldo spent last week saying/complaining that he doesn't get enough time on the field; that 'they' (for Capello) are taking away what he likes to do the most (to play football; and a lot of crying.
    He got a full time game against Celta de Vigo and he did nothing. They lost 1 - 2, but players said that they did a good game (too bad you won't get points for good performance). I think Real Madrid should get rid of all these 'old' stars, and get some new blood, instead of just changing coachs.

[ November 07, 2006, 08:32: Message edited by: Sydax ]

10. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The Lakers suck right now... Kobe is too passive until it is too late, and they can't seem to execute the triangle as they are supposed to. Their defense is also chaotic.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Jesus christ.

That's the final nail in Robinson's coffin for sure.

12. Harbourboy

Can we please play the Rugby World Cup right now? Because right now, there is no team that can touch the All Blacks, but who knows if that will still be the case in 10 months time.

47 - 3 victory over France, the number two ranked team in the world, in France. Talk about comprehensive. The French never looked close to scoring a try.

England losing to Argentina. Is this team the worst ever World Champions in any sport?

Australia struggling against Italy.

South Africa losing to Ireland.

I'll be so frustrated if these teams all suddenly become good again at the World Cup.

I wonder how the Six Nations will go this season. Maybe Wales or Ireland have a good shot at it again.

13. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

If no one gets seriously injured, we're looking very good indeed for RWC2007. Now about that new stadium on the waterfront...

14. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

3 point OT win in my basketball game today, scored 20 :)

15. Harbourboy

Oh god, don't talk about that stadium! What a nightmare. I wish they'd stop arguing about it and just do SOMETHING already. The more the stuff about (we wonthe hosting rights HOW long ago?) the less time they have to get it finished.

16. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Lol, yup it's the New Zealand way.
    :D

17. Harbourboy

I don't know what the big fuss about a stadium is anyway. A few thousand more people being able to get into the ground for one or two big games must be a drop in the ocean compared to the value of the TV rights.

18. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

All I know is we will lose the hosting rights if we don't have a stadium capable of holding 60,000+ people. That was one of the criteria.

19. Harbourboy

I know. What a nightmare.

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I guess Bobby Knight is in hot water again for catching his fist on a player's chin. His side is that he was telling him to keep his head up and forget his mistakes...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.