1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Guess which baseball team payed the Seibu Lions 51.1 million dollars just to talk with Daisuke Matsuzaka? Oh yeah, the red sox! Woo, now we have to talk with Scott Boras (the greediest and most vile man in all of baseball) to secure a contract... this will probably cost us 100 million for 4 years of Matsuzaka.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What a silly amount of money for a player who hasn't even played in the majors yet, nevermind proved himself there.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And just to *talk* as well.

That is the reason most Americans don't watch MLB; the money have ruined the sport, the same with NHL. Unfortunatly, more and more are going the same was with Football here in Europe, I just hope the clubs will shape up. :(

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    England are due their 8th straight loss tomorrow when we meet the physical Springboks. Hopefully this'll mean Robbo is out on his arse :) . He can take that mong Rob Andrews with him too

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All Blacks v France tomorrow morning as well. So much rugby to watch.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Register - I don't know how you can really say that money has ruined the NHL - with the salary cap that was put in after the lock-out pretty much all the teams are on an even footing. The cap was set low enough so that almost all of the teams are spending the cap amount on salaries and the talent level is looking pretty even across the league.

Sure some teams will be worse than others due to making boneheaded decisions like Philly has over the last couple of years but you do not have the major league baseball phenomena of New York and Boston spending more than most of the rest of the league combined.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    England are bloody lucky gits.

The return of a few first teamers in Josh Lewsey and Phil Vickery got a bit of that win. A large chunk of luck got the rest of it.

Still, it's good to get a win on the board.

8. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Got tickets to see Manchester United play Benfica in the Champions League next month, cant wait. :D

9. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Go the Bucks :thumb:

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All Blacks beat France again, 23-11, but a closer game this week.

And England win! Big relief for Andy Robinson.

On a different note, I have just realised that my holiday to Queensland correlates exactly to when the first Ashes test is on in Brisbane. I wonder if I can sort out a day at the 'Gabba......

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

The MLB needs a salary cap. Or more specifically, each player should not be allowed to be paid more than 10 million dollars a year and each team can only spend 75 million dollars on their major league roster.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yeah, Saber, they do, but that will never happen until the other 29 teams in the league get some embarrassing pictures on George Steinbrenner during a Labour negotiation period...

13. Harbourboy

All Blacks play Wales this weekend. Wales are starting to talk up their chances. Go the All Blacks.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    The same Wales who let Canada put 26 points past them? They're having themselves on big time.

15. Harbourboy

They rate themselves after pushing us hard at the 2003 World Cup.

They clearly haven't watched any England games over the last 3 years if they think 2003 World Cup form is any indication of 2006 form.....

Hope nobody is looking forward to the 2011 Rugby World Cup. At the rate we're going with this stupid new stadium, it will be played in some hobbit farmer's paddock.

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    They always rate themselves. Welsh people are insufferable about their rugby team. Always giving it 'we've got a much smaller population than England and have a better team!' always giving it the Charlie big time. They're really arrogant about their rugby team and it's extremely annoying.
    They've not got a cat in hells chance against the All Blacks. I'll bet it's a 30 point margin at least.

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Australia lost to Ireland. That made me very happy. It's about time someone exposed all their deficiencies. Again.

18. Duffin Gems: 13/31

If Wales beat New Zealand I'll eat my dog.

19. Harbourboy

Your dog has been safe so far. Wales have only beaten the All Blacks 3 times in 22 games.

20. Duffin Gems: 13/31

I'm amazed its that to be honest. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.