1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The Champions League first knockout round draw has just been made. Celtic play AC Milan whilst Liverpool play Barcelona, that should be a cracking match. Arsenal and Man Utd have had easy draws against PSV and Lille respectively. Mourinho also plays his former club Porto, I'd love it if Chelsea got knocked out by them. 5 British clubs in the last 16, thats almost a third!

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's Liverpool out then; and Celtic. Man Utd and Arsenal should piss through to be honest. The Chelsea match is the most interesting IMO.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Wonderful time for Hockey. The World Junior Championships started today, the Spengler Cup started today as well.

I watched three games and my team won all three!

Canada beat Sweeden 2-0 in the WJC and in the Spengler cup, Canada beat a club team from Sweeden in a shoot out. Then to top it off, the Leafs beat the Minnesota Wild 4-3 in regulation!

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

A one day international century for young Ross Taylor. Fantastic stuff, kid.

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    Jason Robinson (Harb's best mate) back in union and straight back in the England side for the 6 Nations. Andy Farrell has finalyl got an England call up as well. Interesting, well see how it goes.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Interesting. What position would he play? Surely Cueto and even Cohen are better options at wing than a 32 year old ballet dancer.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Farrell will probably play at inside centre I'd imagine, and God only knows how we need someone to go and make that position their own. I think he'll do OK, he's a good competitor. Same sort of mould as Dol.

Robinson is loads better than Cohen. Cohen was red hot for about 1 season, and since can't do anything. When he gets fed the ball, he doesn't use it and just runs straight into trouble. Duh. It'll be good to see Robbo back in an England shirt, even if it's just for a few games in his twilight.

8. Harbourboy

No, I meant where will twinkle toed veteran, Jason Robinson, play?

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    He'll take Cohen's place because he's been dog sh!t.

I've just checked and yes, Cohen's been demoted to the 'Saxons' (the A team) and Robinson has come in for his spot. Dol hasn't been picked either. I think he's had his day.

I know this is a nasty thing to say, but I hope to God that Hodgson's injury persists until after the 6N. He's the biggest choker ever. Wilko is.. get this.. I hope you're sitting down because this is going to blow you away... he's only bloody injured!

10. Harbourboy

Wilkinson, injured? Surely not. That guy is even more robust than Shane Bond. He's like an iron man of health. I can't believe it.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Wilko's actually in the squad, purely because we've not got any good fly-halfs. He's not fit, but I think they're hoping they can patch him up enough to throw him in. That's asking for trouble though, he was targeted enough before, but when teams know he's carrying an injury...

12. Harbourboy

You've got Andrew Merhtens and Carlos Spencer playing over in England. Why don't you disguise one of them as an Englishman and play them instead? I'm sure you could pull some sort of scam to get them in your team and they'd be better than any of the local first five eighths you've managed to breed.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    If only. Either that or kidnap and clone Danny Carter (what a player). Then we might be something like!

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just saw the replay of the ManU v Arsenal EPL game. That was real exciting stuff, what a win for Arsenal. Evra kicks major ass. I'm also going to start practicing Cristiano's "step-over" move ;)

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Evra kicks ass? What game were you watching? I don't rate Evra at all. Heinze is twice the left back he is. Man Utd want to get Gareth Bale signed up, because Heinze won't around for ever and he's injury prone, and Evra sucks.

Now, Ronaldo, that's pure class... he's really come of age this year.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

He was pretty good in that game imo, a bit too aggresive maybe. Definitely with you on Ronaldo though, he's on fire.

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    England team to play Scotland in the Calcutta Cup:

15 Iain Balshaw (Gloucester)
    14 Josh Lewsey (Wasps)
    13 Mike Tindall (Gloucester)
    12 Andy Farrell (Saracens)
    11 Jason Robinson (Sale)
    10 JONNY WILKINSON(!!!)(Newcastle)
    9 Harry Ellis (Leicester)
    8 Martin Corry (Leicester)
    7 Magnus Lund (Sale)
    6 Joe Worsley (Wasps)
    5 Danny Grewcock (Bath)
    4 Louis Deacon (Leicester)
    3 Phil Vickery (Wasps, capt)
    2 George Chuter (Leicester)
    1 Perry Freshwater (Perpignan/FRA)

That's not a bad looking team actually. The important ones are highlighted. Great to see some of those guys back in an England shirt like seeing Worsley and Vickers in the same pack again. Balshaw, Lewsey and Robinson back together causing sides headaches. And Farrell finally gets his chance! He'll do well, I'm certain. He's got the right mindset and mental strength. And WILKO back! I don't think he's even fit... let's see how long he lasts... Only downside is Cueto being injured, otherwise it would have been a really, really strong side. Looking forward to the game and the 6N's :) .

18. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The Lakers suck right now... 3 losses in a row

19. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

George Gillet and Tom Hicks are the new owners of Liverpool football club. Looks like Americans are interested in football after all, at least for busines.

20. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hopefully Liverpool doesn't end up like another Chelsea.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.