1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Chelsea? Well they've pulled a number of "last minute" wins recently but at this point.. I think Man U will win it.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just think they're so hard to beat. It's really hard to score goals against them. Milan might even sneak it actually...

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    Wow, what a great game of football. Rooney and Scholes were massive in the 2nd half. Both played brilliantly. Two class teams in an excellent game of football. Good stuff.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Come on now Milan. You crushed Manure, let's down Liverpool too. Take the gold where it belongs; Italy.

5. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Another Yankee pitcher goes down with an injury. When it rains it pours, I guess. While it sucks for the injured players, I can't say that I'm distraught about their plight.

The Angels' feeble offense is sure going to make things tough for them this season. That would be the ANAHEIM Angels, not the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim like their moronic owner renamed them.

The Ducks are one win away from eliminating the Canucks. Go Ducks!

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    I think that's the worst performance I've ever seen Man Utd put in in Europe. That was horrendously bad. They did nothing right all night.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

woohoo, my hopes of a rematch with AC Milan vs Liverpool have come true! It's Milan's turn!

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Even though the Blue Jays have snapped their 9 game losing streak, the news gets worse as pitcher Roy Halladay is out about a month following an emergency apendectemy, and Troy Glaus left the game early with either a foot or Hamstring injury. I've lost track of the injuries now, and expect to see most of their affiliate in Syracuse on the roster within the next month if the bad news continues...

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Adil Rashid - just what England are crying out for, a wicket taking wrist spinner. He'll take 300+ wickets for England in his career, surely. I think he should get a spot in the team now, if I'm honest! I'm convinced he could really challenge Panesar for the spinners spot in the team.

10. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Damn those Jazz.

11. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Aussie government has placed a ban on the tour of Zimbabwe. Which probably ain't too bad a thing; apart from the whole political stuff our boys will get a rest and because it was the government who banned it we wont have to pay any fees for not rocking up.

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well the Toronto FC finally managed to score its first goal and actually won the game. I think it will be a while before they do a free seat cushion give away day again though.

Every time anything significant happened the cushions started flying. The game is about to start - cushions, Toronto scores - more cushions, a fight breaks out and each team has a player sent off with a red card - more cushions, a Chicago player bumps into a Toronto player and he gets cushions thrown at him, the game ends - even more cushions. For the life of me I don't know how anyone even had any of the silly things left by the end of the game.

13. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Federer managed to cut Nadal's awesome 81 match long winning streak on clay in Hamburg. Nadal seemed obviously worn out though and I still consider Nadal to be the favorite in Roland Garros. I do hope that Federer will take the Grand Slam and sweep the table this year, or atleast take the French Open but somehow I'm not convinced.

14. Register Gems: 29/31

Anyone saw the Denmark - Sweden game? After about half an hour it was 0-3 to Sweden then it was 3-0 then in the 89th minute a Danish player punches a Swedish one and Sweden get a penalty and then the supporters run in and the ref is forced to stop the game and then they couldn't garuantee the Swedish team's safety so the game was deemed a 0-3 win to Sweden.

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Register: Didn't see the game but I've seen the news. I can only regret that some of my compatriots don't know how to behave. Please remember that most of us actually have an upbringing and know better than to act like jerks. :o

Oh, and "lycka till" (good luck) at the European Championships! :)

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Yeah, it's a bit shame to see Denmark being practically unable to attend.

So, let's both of us cheer for North Ireland so the Spaniards miss it too, ok? =)

17. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Register Uefa has called back the result, so currently we are waiting for UEFA to judge wether sweden gets to win or what happends. But whatever happends i think sweden deserrve the victory, it was a great game until the sad end, where Christian poulsen punched the swede and a danish holigan (now arrested and charged for voilence) attacked the judge, good thing a danish player shielded the judge.

the match is self was scarry, sweden scoring 3 goals in the first 25minutes, then denmark scoring 3 goals, the game being 3-3 in the 89minute, then that **** happened.

18. Register Gems: 29/31

If the game is decided a draw then it is clear and utter bull****. At least let Sweden put that penalty in the goal first and then play the final two minutes.

19. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

agreed. but imho, I think we Danes deserve to lose this one, what happened was not okay

20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm with you on that! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.