1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My favorite basketball team, Kataja, has had an awful start to the season with 4 straight losses in the Finnish Championship. Huge disappointment for the last seasons finalists and the near future doesn't seem much brighter. The latest addition to the squad, a promising American point guard shot 0 of 8 with 3 turnovers in his first pro game, and he's already the third non-Finnish PG Kataja has tried this season. The more things change...

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Go the All Whites. 0-0 aganist Bahrain, so now only one game away from making it to the World Cup for the first time since 1982! Watch out Brazil!

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

10 pts, no turnovers in my Asia Cup (basketball) debut for Korea versus China. It was a 55-29 stomping, but was fun.

Got robbed on both my three point attempts as well, but mistake free basketball was all I wanted. Considering I'm not Asian so really shouldn't even be playing :p

Edit: As a side note the Korean girls who were watching really got excited everytime I did somethign good. They must not hang around a lot of white folks :D

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Anyone watching the MLB playoffs? 3 sweeps in the Division League Series, which is upsetting.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes, but several very good games, last minute comebacks and heroics. Even A-Rod is actually producing when it counts, which is cotnrary to his nature.

6. Saber

Yeah, but he's a Yankee, so that upset me :p

Stupid Colorado bullpen tonight... Houston Street is normally so reliable!

Same with Joe Nathan. And Papelbon. Not sure why all of the closers are suddenly dropping big games.

Haha I am just upset because all the teams I wanted to win (Cardinals, Twins, Red Sox, Colorado) lost.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, I'm a displaced New Yorker who went to college in Philadelphia and lives in LA. Every team left relates to somewhere I have lived. (Not that I am a particular fan of any of them, because I'm not, but it's kinda funny.)

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm a HUGE Phillies fan. Houston Street really blew that one and gave my Phils a present. What I didn't understand was, when he had Utley at 3-2, the catcher called timeout and walked out there to talk. Street is a fast worker, holding him up kills his rythym, what were they thinking? The next pitch wasn't even close. Then he threw a grapefruit out there to Howard. I tought it was gone initially. That is comeback # 44 for the Phils this year. That would be unbelievable, except for the fact that Lidge was so terrible this year!

I say it's a REPEAT! :)

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Game 1 to the Phils! Looks like Lidge has found his Slider again, just in time for the playoffs. 3 for 3 in save opputunities. Old Charlie will stick with him throughout the playoffs, no matter what. Though that concept did burn Jim Fregosi during the 93 world series, sticking with Mitch Williams.

10. Saber

Dodgers came back last night, though. It's on!

Damn Angels and their errors...

11. Blades of Vanatar

2-1 Phils after that gem of a game thrown be Lee. What an arse-wooping!:)

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Second Asia Cup game for me didn't go near as well as the first, but I had a good 3rd quarter which included a 3, a three point play, and a putback all in the span of a couple minutes. Solid.

And... I have a job offer as a JV girls basketball coach!!! It seems kind of creeper, but I've coached some of them before and it actually is paid :)

13. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Random Third Division side 4 - Real Madrid 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All hail Alcorcon :kneel::kneel::kneel::kneel::kneel::kneel::kneel:

14. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

This is why Cup matches are great :D . Real Madrid had guys like Raul, Benzema and Guti in their lineup, but seems like they weren't ready - or even awake. Alcorcon players and fans won't forget this match in the near future. I wonder what were the betting odds before the game :p ?

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I imagine both Atlético Madrid and FC Barcelona's fans must be having fun over that! :grin:

16. Blades of Vanatar

Looks like the Yanks tied it up, but it's nice to see my Phils take one of two in NY. Hoefully Hamels finds his form from last October for just one game. Lefties who change speed kill the Yankees, as Lee proved, hopefully Hamels can come thru as well.

17. Saber

I was hoping for the Phils to win, but they just couldn't get anything going on offense. Pedro pitched a killer game (excluding the 2 solo HRs... but still, only letting 2 ER against the Yanks is pretty damn good).

And yes, the Phils negated the Yankees home field advantage by winning one there - now they have 3 at home! It's what they did to the Rays last year, and they ended up winning in 5.

18. Blades of Vanatar

Yeah, though I think the Yanks are a much better team than the Rays last year, winning in 5 is almost a pipe dream, though we do have enough lefthanded starting pitching to pull it off. Keeping my fingers crossed!

19. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Flicking around the tv channels today I came across the hurling/shinty international match between Ireland and Scotland. And I thought the compromise rules football we play against Australia was weird.

If you look at the video, notice that the two teams don't use the same kind of sticks at all! :nuts: I can't think of any other sport where the two sides don't use the same equipment. It makes for a completely different style as well. The Scots hit it first time on the ground, while we popped it up first before hitting it in the air.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  20. Saber

Boo Yankees winning last night... hopefully C.C.'s fatigue will catch up with him, since he is pitching on short rest. Of course, I have not faith in Blanton...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.