1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

What is the OF situation now with Bradley? Ichiro in right, Gutierrez in center, and him in left?

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

That's what it looks like right now, though I highly doubt Bradley will play everyday in LF. My expectation is he will DH against left-handed pitching and Ryan Langerhans (good defending, bit player) will play LF against southpaws. Also Bill Hall could get in the mix there, but it's mostly scrub type players.

3. Saber

:lol: at Bradley... "wouldn't even know I'm there." I am sure the Cubs didn't know he was there.

Hopefully he has a better time in Seattle so they wouldn't have wasted all that money for perhaps the biggest duche in baseball (besides Scott Boras).

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    This NEEDS to happen! I heard on SportsCenter last night some details on OchoCinco's planned TD celebration for this Sunday. You know how there's that goofball at Jets games that comes dressed as a fireman? They call him "Fireman Ed". He leads the chant of J-E-T-S (using his arms and body to form the letters) JETS! JETS! JETS!

Well, evidently, OchoCinco got his hands on a fireman's suit, and he's going to do O-C-H-O OCHO! OCHO! OCHO!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    By the way I retrieved my pet rustmonster. I found it at place called three rivers something. It got fat.

6. Saber

PLAAAAYOOOFFFFSSSSS!!!!!!

I am going to miss the Pats game tomorrow, unfortunately, as I will be in New York, so I am hoping for a win, but I will be watching the Jets/Bengals today (and whoever is playing in the NFC :p)

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

1st - Dallas has the Eagles number this year. I hate top say it, but htey look good.

2nd - The Jets/Bengals and Ravens/Pats games were bores. The Bengals were running effectively and abandoned the run late in the Game. With so many receivers out, I found that to be a very stupid move.

3rd - The Packers/Cardinals game was one of the best offensive games I have seen in years. It reminded me of the old Chargers/Dolphins game back in the 80s. WHAT A SHOOTOUT!!!

From here on out, the NFC games should be exciting. I think all four teams have even odds of coming out on top in the NFC. I like the Chargers winning the AFC.

8. Saber

I think it will be Saints-Chargers in the Superbowl, although you can never count the Colts out.

I'm actually embarrassed for the Patriots... they played like a bad high school team. Oh well, there's always next year.

9. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have a feeling Dallas will surprise. Still, New Orleans vs San Diego sounds good. I have taken de monday after off. The game starts here after Midnight.

The missed fieldgoal from Arizona. Green Bay had it for the taking but, ah football.

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The poor Clippers, another #1 pick to bite the dust, as Griffin will be having season-ending surgery. That are the true voodoo of the NBA. Every top draft picks dreads the announcement of their name when the Clippers are on the clock on draft day.

11. Blades of Vanatar

Another victory for the Jets. I doubt they will get past Indy, but I would love to see a Min vs. NYJ Superbowl.

12. Saber

Stupid Jets. I have no doubt the Colts will beat them however, so no worries. Saints-Colts, with the Saints on top is my new prediction :p

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Seattle is set to ink Felix Hernandez to an extension. Strange thing to see a team I like hold onto a player of his caliber.

14. Saber

They're making a run for it in these next few years. If they can resign Lee after this year, I can see them being a playoff contender for a long time. They've really been updating their team.

15. Blades of Vanatar

Phils went and locked up Blanton for 3 yrs. Hopefully they will be able to move him this year if he has a good start. I like him as a 4th or 5th, but that is what 1 yr contracts are for. Damn arbitration!:mad:

16. Saber

At least you have a stable rotation for the next 3 years though. A lot of teams have a lot less to work with. Even though I trust Blanton to win games like I trust Tiger Woods with my sister.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

If Tiger banged your sister you know that would be awesome and give her props :grin:

18. Saber

She's 16 -.-

19. Blades of Vanatar

Blanton will win 10+, but 14 tops. But we already know he's peaked, so I would rather see a young talent get some starts and develop. But if Blanton is winning, that would mean my Phils are winning as well. Tough call on him. I hate seeing a guy like him get 8 mil/yr though. But pitching is scarce these days....

---------- Added 0 hours, 20 minutes and 19 seconds later... ----------

And the Phils just signed Victorino to a 3-yr/22 mil deal. That signing I really like!:) He is a very steady top of the order bat and an excellent center-fielder. And a fan favorite.

20. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

And totally legal in many states :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.