1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I am watching my first ever game of baseball. Minnesota vs Oakland. There some guy playing called Swisher. What a great name for a baseball player. Swish! The commentators were complaining about some guy who had had no hits in 30 innings and then he hit a home run straight after. This sport is quite interesting even though they hardly ever score any runs.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Suffice to say game two did look a lot better for the Leafs. Beating Ottawa 6-0 was definitely a pleasant surprise. The Wellwood, Sundin, Ponikarovsky line seems to be working out well.

Tonights Buffalo-Montreal game was fantastic. Both teams were playing a very fast paced game that was a thrill to watch. The only bad part was that Buffalo seemed to get consistently shafted by the refs with several questionable calls going in Montreal's favour. Still, in the end Buffalo won in a shoot-out so at least they got the win that they deserved.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Baseball looks interesting and I enhoyed watching that game. The main improvement I would make to the game would be to get rid of those big gloves. Other than the backstop, the rest of them should be able to get by without a glove, like cricketers do.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yeah, it was sweet to see the Senators get repaid for those routs last year. I think that the team is starting to get with Paul Maurice's program. I think they will surprise a lot of so called experts that say they're on the outside looking in come April 15...

I can't wait for Tomorrow against the Habs...

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    That was wank that was England :toofar:

Still, not as bad as losing 1-5 to Slovakia at home, LOL@ Wales

6. Harbourboy

I'm watching baseball again this morning. Detroit vs New York. Some guy just hit a massive home run.

7. Gnarfflinger

And thanks to the Detroit Tigers, the New York Yankees are once again on the outside looking in in the playoffs. $200 Million can't buy the World Series I guess. Maybe they should give that money to me...

8. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yay, Lowndes won Bathurst. Pity about Skaife though.

9. Harbourboy

Even bigger pity about Mark Porter, the New Zealander who was killed in the crash at practice before the main race.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Is it about time Zimbabwe got told to leave international cricket? I mean, getting bowled out for 85 by a poor Windies bowling attack, then managing to take one opposition wicket really takes the piss. It's about time someone else got a go.

I mean, at least Bangladesh manage to compete a 'little'. Having a good go at chasing 300+ against a very good Sri Lankan side is pretty decent.

11. Harbourboy

Bangladesh have the potential to be good because they have a population of about 150 million people and they are cricket mad. Zimbabwe, on the other hand, have a cricketing population of about 20, spread over three club teams and one ground, so they will probably never be any good again.

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A's v Tigers start tonight. Go Tigers, keep the Championship in the Central Division (especially now since my Twinkies went belly up).

13. Gnarfflinger

Unfortunately for Joe Torre, he was not fired, and is sentenced to another year managing the Yankees.

14. Harbourboy

That Chelsea game was funny. Always good to see non goalkeepers having to have a turn in goal. Shame there weren't any more shots on goal while John Terry was in there.

And what happened to England's batting against India?

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    We're crap, that's what happened!

And ooh, look, Shane Bond is injured and won't play a part in the Champions Trophy. Would you credit it! :lol:

16. Harbourboy

What a nightmare. How can he get injured before we've even started playing? We've hardly played any cricket in the last six months. That was supposed to provide them all a chance to be rested and fit! We're such a small country, cricketing-wise, and can only ever muster up 3 or 4 world class players at a time at most, that it's such a blow when our best player is always injured.

I predict that we will not win a single game in this tournament.

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    He's a terrific bowler, his inswing is unreal, but he'll never be remembered as great because he's just not played enough games. He seems to have been around for years yet has still only played in 14 tests. Bit of a shame really.

18. Harbourboy

Massive shame. Oh well. You're only as good as your overall squad, so we can't complain if we're not up to scratch. We're 8-1 to win, which seems ridiculously short to me, but then again, this is such a short tournament that anybody could win. Especially with cricket, where upsets are more possible, because it only takes 1 lucky delivery to dismiss even the best batsman in the world.

19. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

And today we've got a two-fer, sports fans. Friday's volleyball match against Purdue was a disgrace for the 9th-ranked team as my 14th-ranked UW Badgers tromped over them 30-12 in the first game, and went on to win the next two 30-20 and 31-29 (though they were playing against the officials too in the last one) for a three game sweep.

Today's match against Indiana was more of the same, bringing in scores of 30-9, 30-17, and 30-27. Megan Mills, who had struggled in Friday's game, returned to her usual hairstyle and played well again. One wonders if changing her hair really threw her balance off that much...

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Shoiab and Mohammed Asif sent home after failing drug tests. Jeez, these kinds of things aren't meant to happen in cricket. Well, that's Pakistan fookered anyway !

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.