1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@Undertaker:
    You see where I from? You have to really love el Barça, if not, you'll be sick about Barça by now: since they beat Milan, you hear, see, everything about them, on top of that, they were the champions of La Liga 3 games before it finished; they are the only news for about a month already...

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Wait, Syndax, aren't you excited about Barca? They won the European Cup (or some name similar)... thats huge!

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31

No, I'm sick of them, besides, I'm not natural born Spanish, and since I'm just here for the last two years, I am not devoted to them. The media take too serious any sport achievement, so, if Nadal (tennis player) is about to get into some championship, the media starts to cover the news 2 weeks before the games starts, and then, if he wins, we have 3 days of 'him'. Anything with Alonso, etc. So, we've been 'eating' Barça for about a month, all day, people in the streets, stores talk about them, and now that they are champions, is the 'thing' to talk about EVERYWHERE...

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

God damn you Gardy... do you even understand pitching changes? I still remember the time in 2004 when you left Nathan in for 4 innings against the Yankees in game 6, first round of the playoffs. He's a freaking closer, he doesn't pitch 4 innings!

My poor Twins...

5. Saber

Good thing about the Twins: You can become a Chi-Sox fan, and no one will notice :D

Sox aren't doing too shabby, they just beat the Yanks 9-5 (was 9-1, but Foulke let in some runs in the 9th). Now, if only we can get Roger Clemens, we can win this thing.

And where the hell did the Yankees get Terrence Long from?

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Anyone beating the New York Yankees or Boston Red Sox will get a Cheer from me.

Yay Chi Sox!

Meanwhile, Edmonton won again, and are leading series, I forget whether it's 2-1 or 3-0 though. I get out votes for the remote...

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Oilers are 3 to 0, what a series...
    Let's see finaly a Canadian team win the Stanley.

8. Gnarfflinger

I'd love it. I'm old enough to remember the Oiler's cup wins in the 1980's with Gretzky, Messier, Coffey and the gang...

Maybe next year, my Leafs can get the cup...

9. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

I just need to get this out of my system....STUPID FRICKIN' PITTSBURGH PIRATES!!!! Looks like we're up for another abysmal season....14 - 33... :mad:

10. Saber

Whats wrong with the Sox? Grrr...

Yeah, Pittsburgh hasn't been good in... forever! ;)

11. Gnarfflinger

Nothing personal Saber, but I'm a Jays fan, and we have to compete with the Red Sox for the division title. I guess that we can agree that it's cool when the Yankees lose...

12. Saber

Haha, yeah, Yanks suck. No, but I have respect for the Jays, because I seriously thought that they would win division or wild card this year. Unfortunately for them, the Yanks can still hit, and for some weird reason, we have been able to keep winning...

I feel bad for the D-Rays... if they were in the National League, they would have a chance for wildcard.

13. Gnarfflinger

I just hate how the Yanks think they can buy the World Series. I like to point and laugh when they get eliminated every year. If the Jays and Sox both make the playoffs, then the Yanks are on the outside looking in...

14. Saber

I hope we pick up Roger Clemens, because David Wells just got hurt again, and Clement sucks, and Wakefield is having a bad year. If we had the Rocket, our top three could carry us into the playoffs.

Who are your starting five, Gnarff?

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well things are starting to look better in Twins land. Between Santana and Lirano, my Twinkes could have the best 1, 2 starting rotation in baseball in the coming years, add Boof Bonzer and Joe Nathan and that's damn solid 1-3 with an excellent closer.

Thanks AJ, we all love you hear in Minnesota for what you did for us.

Looks like Mauer might be finding his power too. Now if Morneau could only learn some discipline at the plate... oh well he is still leading the team in HRs and RBIs.

16. Gnarfflinger

I know there's AJ Burnett that's been hurt more than he's played, Roy Halladay, and I think we have Josh Towers. I get outvoted for the Remote all the time...

I've been catching more of the NHL playoffs lately too.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Our starting five are currently Roy Halladay (6-1 2.87 era) , Gustavo Chacin (also 6-1 but with a 5.11 era), Ted Lilly (5-4 4.00 era), Casey Janssen (rookie, 3-3 3.24 era), and Ty Taubenheim (0-2 7.56 era).

So we basically have one ace, three decent pitchers, and the number five spot in the rotation is a serious problem.

Towers (1-8 8.99 era) was sent down to the minors - I suspect he will regain his form and return eventually but we will see. AJ Burnett isn't expected back for another month or so.

Our middle relief has been somewhat inconsistent but BJ Ryan has been pretty much a sure thing in the closer role.

18. Saber

You guys slaughtered us the last two nights... I was hoping better from Beckett, but Glaus and Wells each had 2 homers off of him (Wells got a third later)...

We can't lose to division members. Bah!

19. Gnarfflinger

Well, you did salvage one game of the series. And we division Rivals need to beat your ass regularly if we want to win the division...

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Interesting, Lilly pitched last night but Ty Taubenheim was in for the ninth. I wonder who the Jays are planning on putting into the number five spot in the rotation this time? The Jays have today off so maybe they are planning on skipping the five slot and going to Halladay instead.

Edit: I checked the Jay's website and I was right. That is welcome news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.