1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I found out why the Packers are called the Packers. Cable tv is so full of knowledge. :book:

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

This morning: 4 Overs, 2 Runs, 4 Wickets. :bang:
    Murlitharan nets another 5 wicket haul. :eek: This was certainly not what I had been expecting after yesterday :borg:

3. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Anil Kumble hit back pretty quickly though.

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just another Sunday...

The football team loses again :almostmad: and the hockey team wins again. :banana:

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Packers trying to lose this one with a SAFETY! :toofar:
    And now they're trying to to challenge a PENALTY! :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    :jawdrop: They won the challenge...I didn't think you could do that. Not only that, but the additional holding call was ruled to be outside the end zone, so the safety is reversed!
    /me faints from surprise

EDIT2:
    Hmm. What d'ya know, they pulled it off. 16-13 in OT.
    Oh yeah. :banana:

[ December 12, 2005, 06:01: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

6. Shrikant

Name - Centuries/Tests
    Sachin Tendulkar - 35/125
    Brian Lara - 31/121
    Ricky Ponting - 25/97
    Matthew Hayden - 24/76
    Inzaman-ul-Haq - 24/105

Gavaskar's record stood for 22 years. How long will Sachin stay king :hmm: :heh:

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Tendulkar rules. How many would he have he wasn't injured half the time?

8. Shrikant

Tendulkar might have made this record a year ago if Dravid had not declared when Sachin was at 94, v/s England a couple of years ago iirc.

9. Aces Gems: 19/31

Sabres win again! :banana:

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

:eek: The Ottawa Senators absolutely humiliated the Toronto Maple Leafs yet again tonight. I can't say that I am really surprised, the Leafs just don't have what it takes to win against the good teams.

The Senators' top players were flying again tonight while Sundin continues to be barely noticable for the Leafs.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Gushue to the Olympics!

12. Aces Gems: 19/31

Ottawa is going to be tough to beat. :(

Another weekend goes by and another Bills loss and two more Sabre wins. :rolleyes:

13. Sydax Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I watched all the UK Snooker Championship (thanks cable tv!) and even I fan of Steve Davis (my surename is Davis ;) ) I wanted Ding win the championship, he really played much better than anybody else the entire chmapionship.
    Great win.
    The story.

14. Aces Gems: 19/31

Nineth straight road win for the Sabres!

One more ties the NHL record! :grin:

BTW the Sabres are one of the three teams that share that record from years ago.
    ;)

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The Leafs snapped out of it tonight with a 9-6 win over the NY Islanders, and Belfour landed his 448th career win (2nd all time now). Stajan got two goals, but they may have lost Jeff O'neil after a knee on knee hit...

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

[​IMG] NOOOOO! Johnny Damon went to the Yankees!

You traitor! How could you go to our enemy, just because they offered more money? You already have enough money, and you are an icon here! Boston loves you! How dare you betray us! My favorite player, now gone to the team I hate the most... :wail:

:sosad:

:(

17. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Anyone find it amusing that Belfour became 2nd all time in wins after a game where he gave up 6 goals?

18. Gnarfflinger

I just hope the Leafs keep scoring hardcore for the two games against Boston tomorrow and Friday...

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Blog - Yeah it is pretty funny, Belfour plays decently and loses by one goal again and again and then gets the milestone win in a game where he plyed poorly. As the t.v. announcers said - he probably won't want to keep the game tapes of that one.

As far as the Bruins go, the Leafs had better get at least 3 points out of this home and home - if they can't capitalize on facing the weaker teams then they are in serious risk of sliding right out of having a playoff position.

20. Gnarfflinger

They didn't get the job done tonight. There has to be a problem when the only guy to score is the guy that's been in the press box for the last 20 games or so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.