1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ranger Kit

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ivanatora, May 24, 2002.

1. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Ok, I had nothing better to do, so I brushed the dust off my SoA disks and installed it :D.

I created two characters - both CG male, one a ranger, the other a stalker.

The Ranger:

Str - 18/46
    Dex - 18
    Con - 18
    Int - 6
    Wis - 18
    Cha - 6

When I tried dual classing, it worked fine.

The Stalker:

Str - 18/41
    Dex - 18
    Con - 18
    Int - 4
    Wis - 18
    Cha - 3

He was also able to dual class to a cleric when I tried.

Bear in mind that this is an unpatched version of SoA with no 3rd party patches or anything installed. Anyway, I can uninstall it now. :D

2. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] So I guess the question is: Groundhog, do you have ToB installed?

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Ah-ha! Amazing...

And if the answer on ToB presence is "yes" notify inside the post if you want me to apply on this thread Edwin's Death Spell, MoveToArea() console command or Lock() script action. :p

Note to Wildfire - I have patch installed and it works. ;)

4. Errol Gems: 23/31

Erm...who's this Groundhog you speak of? :p

I have ToB yes, as well as the SPfixpack from Ex.
    I've removed everything from my folder after the uninstall now, and Ranger can dualclass to a cleric.

Thanks for the help, after my dual-class, im free to install all the mods again!
    - GrandmasteryFix
    - Kelsey
    - Solaufein

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Now, now, I won't use Crystal Ball to determine which mod screws it up.

But I must note this - current SPfixpack is not compatible with ToB and you'll see disastrous consequences for that very very soon, but there are no table alterings inside the fixpack that would prevent any dualclassing. So if you want to find out which mod is responsible, contact the authors.

And please, in the future do post your problems, suggestions and everything else in ToB forum. Otherwise, I'll be pressed to lock/remove things that SoA players don't have to bother with. SoA has enough of it's own bugs, and I don't want SoA players to get feared even more because of ToB bugs which happen only if ToB is installed.

6. Errol Gems: 23/31

Everything seems to be working ok at the moment... In Irenicus' Dungeon.
    Dualclass successful.
    I'll see what happens.
    Thanks for all the help. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.