1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC North America: Three Stone Hill

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcoutme Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

"I hate undead, I hate undead, I hate undead..." Robidolian keeps muttering under his breath. "I think I'll make it my life's work to rid the realms of undead. From skeletons to vampires and liches. They all need to go!"

"I hate undead, I hate undead, I hate...."

2. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Rob, we all hate undead. And drows. And orcs. And hostile dragons and..." Iris sighs. "You get the point."

3. rcoutme Gems: 4/31

"I hate undead, I hate undead, I hate undead, I hate undead, ..."

4. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

After resting briefly from their battle with the Ogre Zombies, the party traveled north-east. In the passages and caverns, they only found the storage place for zombie bodies and the work space where the animation took place. They decided that following the tracks might prove to be more useful, and so they set off. After checking out one empty cavern, they moved eastward and arrived at an opening where no light penetrated into the darkness. Robidolian cast a light spell into the darkness, but it seemed to have no effect. Nimbul then decided to enter the chamber, hoping to rely on his senses to guide him. What he encountered was quite a surprise. The darkness was in fact only a curtain and the light spell cast earlier was glowing brightly inside the chamber, much to the dismay of the Drow located inside. Nimbul Called out to his companions, and immediately attacked, using “The Talon” to its fullest. One Drow fell easily to Nimbul’s attack, then as the others entered, the Drow recovered from the temporary blindness. The other Drow did not fair very well as the party concentrated its attacks, but a third Drow, emerged from hiding, and scored a sneak attack on Gaspar. As they were about to gain the upper hand on this new foe, the Drow disappeared again. They attempted to locate the invisible dark elf to no avail. A search of the room did reveal a closet filled with supplies and a coffer (containing 360 sp and 250 gp). After taking the two hand crossbows from the Drow, 20 poisoned hand crossbow bolts, 4 lengths of silk rope (50 feet each), 20 flasks of oil, and 4 miners helmets along with the coin, they continued on to the east.

After heading east for about 30 feet more, the tracks split off with a branch heading north. They followed this new line, and entered a large chamber after a short distance. As they looked around this new chamber, a lone figure stepped out from behind an out cropping. The robed figure led off with a Ray of Enfeeblement, striking Gaspar who was unable to resist the spells effects. The next spell cast by the robed figure was a Flaming Arrow that missed Gaspar. The mysterious disappearing Drow reappeared attacking Robidolian, but his attack did not penetrate Robidolian’s armor. A concentration of attacks on the spell caster, including a critical from Knomal with the flaming burst dagger, killed him in short order, but the Drow managed to turn invisible again and slipped away before the party could concentrate on him.

Robidolian used a scroll of lesser restoration to return Gaspar to his former strength while the others searched the cavern. Iris found a secret door, but with their repertoire of spells depleted and a mystery foe following them, the party decided to return to the upper caverns, where they could rest and formulate a plan of attack. Nimbul disabled the lift device so they could not be followed, at least that way. When safely in the upper caverns, Nimbul asked Iris if she could identify two items he found on the spell caster, a dagger and an amulet.

Each party member received 600 experience.

For the most recent Map of the Caverns and Mine go to:
    http://home.attbi.com/%7Ebaldak/LowResImages/Descent_Into_The_Underdark.GIF

[ August 17, 2002, 19:21: Message edited by: Baldak Oakfist ]

5. rcoutme Gems: 4/31

"I want that invisible drow! Nobody attacks me from behind and gets to just wander away!" Robidolian paces back and forth. "There must be a way to trap that #@$%##@ !"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.