1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

*shrugs* This an Alley debate, enough said. Not that procreation is one of my worries, being single.

Bah! Satisfaction of the bodily need is secondary to trust and love.

To you the honor.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Woo, look at me, I am a thread bumper.

Well, my bro and his gf are considering getting engaged. He told me about it tonight. Despite her, ah, f***ed up family ties, his gf has proven to be a gem, and I for one would be honored to welcome her into the family. It's good to see my bro in a relationship that didn't backfired. No one knows what the future will bring, but I'm sure their union will be a long and prosper one.

As for me... there is one special little lady that has grown to become an important part of my life. A part of me wants to tell her how I feel... the other one is afraid that it might change the face of our friendship forever. I don't really know what do to, TBT.

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    My congratulations to your brother!

I'm not going to offer any advice to the second part- half the time I seem to be pretty useless at friendships, let alone relationships!

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Congrats to them. How long have they been together? ;)

When in doubt, just do it, was what I read about doubt recently. ;)

5. Disciple of The Watch

IIRC, they are nearing their sixth month together. I only knew it a month or two ago because my bro was hesitant to tell me, because his gf is my ex's cousin, and he was reluctant to tell me because he feared I might not react well, you get the idea. There has been talks of doing it, I'm not exactly sure when they want to do it, but my bro told me it won't be before between six months and a year. He also told me he wanted to take an apartment with her, which means a return to a 2 1/2 for me. I don't really mind, as long as my bro is happy. Besides, I'll have my own apartment, which won't be a luxury.

But as for myself, I've been meaning to tell her for quite some time, but to tell the truth, I'm afraid of scaring her off (I am not 100% sure she returns my feelings) and by ricochet, changing the face of our friendship forever. A longtime friend of mine is supposed to stop by tomorrow. Maybe another feminine input will help me see more clearly.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sometimes women like it when you are prepared to take a risk for them, which is what you would be doing in that situation.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Women generally like bold moves, biologically. Paradoxically, stability also tends to be appreciated family-building-wise. Depending on where their priorities lie, some don't like too much risk-taking. Still, it looks like all appreciate courage and even boldness.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Family definitively isn't one of my priorities. I'm not exactly good parent material either - I'm much too selfish and self-centered to be comfortable with having the welfare of someone else resting on my shoulders.

I'm not sure I want to risk losing a friend... but on the other hand keeping what I feel for her inside of me is truly a difficult ordeal. Saying it would make me feel better, true... but I'm not sure if I prefer to have regrets or remoses. It's possible saying it might get the situation to backfire and end badly... but, looking at the situation from another angle, it's possible she might feel the same for me and is waiting for me to say it.

It's a beautiful evening, however, and it looks like it will be a beautiful night. I think I'm gonna take one of my long midnight walks - it helps me think, and hopefully I will come to a decision towards this situation.

9. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Yay, it is officially confirmed, I'm going to be a father.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Gongrats Undertaker, I guess :hahaerr:

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations! :D :banana:

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    So, when is the wedding? :p :D

13. Disciple of The Watch

Unholy f***... it seems she got you anyway, hmm? It's a bit early to unleash the apocalypse, dude.

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Congrats, Undertaker. ;)

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's big news, Undertaker. Are you happy with that news?

16. Disciple of The Watch

I agree with the raven here - you don't seem too thrilled. Still under the shock, maybe?

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I'm not under a shock. In fact this is very exciting :D

18. Disciple of The Watch

Great, now all you have left to do is work from 9 to 5, marry, get a mortgage and have 1,2 more kid.

Bah, what the hell, I'll smoke a Cherry Captain Black to that event. Cheers!

19. Harbourboy

I'm glad that you are excited. This is exciting stuff. Whatever you do, don't ask any of us for advice. We're just making it up as we go along.

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Excellent news Undertaker. Make sure your child is fed a healthy diet of pure metal goodness :D

[ August 04, 2006, 11:09: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.