1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Being single makes it easier for you to have a good relationship with yourself. That's quite important. Of course, you may be in one relationship from age 16 to 86 whereupon you die, and be a good, selfless person, but I think people with some bad experience had better sort things out and get in touch with their real self, what they want and all. To spare some problems in the future.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Wisdom here. How can you possibly have a good relationship with someone else (in the love term, of course) if you don't have a good relationship with yourself?

Rule #1: Do not think me good or selfless. I can be, to a small degree, but only to someone who has earned both my love and trust.

Casual sex can't possibly make someone happy. It's physically satisfying, yes, but it doesen't mean that the mind will also be satisfied because the body is. I am adamantly against casual sex.

Sex is another dimension of love, and both fuse to make something truly unique and satisfying, both physically and mentally. This is a synergic relationship. If one of them is missing, then it's no good.

*EDIT* It's a bit ironic, because the philosophy work I'm doing is actually about man-woman relationships... both emotional and physical.

[ September 10, 2006, 21:33: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Excuse me for being an ignorant amd/or amnesiac fool, but can somebody please re-direct me to the post where Disciple first mentioned that he was engaged?

4. Disciple of The Watch

*shrugs* I am not engaged, Harby. Or maybe it would be more exact to say I was. I already mentioned it in either RRT#1 or #2, but my fiancee died in the car accident four and a half years ago.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Woah, sorry for bringing that up then. :(

6. Disciple of The Watch

Bah, don't worry about it.

Of course it was difficult, and of course she will forever remain dear to me, but brooding about the dead is pointless. Besides, she wouldn't want me to brood. She once told me you have to enjoy life, even in the darkest of times.

Whatever life holds in store for me, I know she's watching over me.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i hate it when girls get all dramatic. geez.

8. chevalier

Media:
    I feel for you. But sometimes they just get worked up and there's no acting in it. Don't worry too much. ;)

9. Disciple of The Watch

Just shrug it off and let her cool down. Woman ARE dramatic, anyway.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I dare say it is included somewhere in their definition :D

Everybody loves the "Does this make me look fat?" question that you can NEVER answer correctly ;)

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i wish that were the only one :rolleyes: but you get all sorts like which one is better and no matter which you say (although in my case i really never notice the differences between things like makeup and clothing styles unless they are extreme) the answer, although sometimes is not wrong, is never right :rolleyes:

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...

Being the nice person that I am, I bring an offer to those of you who are going through a divorce, breakup, or just turbulent times in a relationship.

To ease your anger/pain, I present to you: The Ex (a unique knife holder). Why not let your angry feelings be useful? :p :rolling:

[ October 04, 2006, 10:16: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

So, now that I'm on the other side of the Uk, and thus unavailable, both girls that I like are actively chasing me.

Guess what reply they're getting?

14. Abomination Gems: 26/31

"Go suck donkey balls, you slappers"?

15. Daie d'Malkin

I was politer, but that was the gist of it. On the plus side, uni is a much better environment for me, so I'll likely be much happier here, so less emoangst(patent pending) in this thread

16. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Bah, being polite won't get you anywhere unless you're dealing with superiors. ;)

17. Daie d'Malkin

They're female, always treat them like superiors, or they go nuts :D

18. chevalier

Media:
    Nah, you just need to be able to handle them. :D

19. Disciple of The Watch

Well, it's official, my bro and his gf are getting engaged... they have chosen a special date to do it, though... they're getting engaged tuesday, the very day of my b-day. It's good to see my bro finally happy. Not sure about plans for a wedding, though... my bro isn't really a believer of marriage. Time will tell, however.

As for me... same old bachelordom, and it's fine with me. I miss my special little someone, though... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

20. Daie d'Malkin

Chev! That's RUDE! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.