1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, Urithrand, you surely find alternative ways. :shake: And quite rapid ones indeed.... Did you tell her you're a newsposter at SP or something? :lol:

3. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No, but I might do now just for the extra effect :lol: I'm still in shock haha.

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh, wow...

And even a gee!

Congrats Urithrand!

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

/me smiles smugly and does a little dance.

6. Urithrand

Media:
    Bit late for that :( The relationship would have been fabulous, and I'm quite gutted that such was not the case as everything went a bit wrong. Just hours after we got together, the possessiveness and clinginess started to emerge, which at first seemed really cute. After a few days it got a little old, and I decided to make a very tentative mention that I quite like my space. Another week and the "tentative mention" became a slightly more stern insistance that I kind of need my space. Add more firm comments ad-verbatim until you eventually get to me saying "You're suffocating me, I'm sorry I can't take this." And so "Uri in love" became "Uri heartbroken in record time."

Like I've said before, I am doomed, and this proves it. Relationship from blissful beginning to rather miserable end in no time at all!

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

/me smiles even wider and does another dance.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Uri

That sucks. But, hey, sometimes these things really don't work out the way you plan them to. Don't worry about it, you'll bounce back.

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh, wow...

And even a gee...

That sucks. And I might know how you feel, kind of. I've blown a relationship even before it got properly started as well. But I was a lot better off that way...and I think you might be too, eventually...

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ah well, plenty more fish in the sea Uri. Sounds like you got a lucky escape to be honest, no-one wants a weird clinger. Probably really heavy maintenance and tight. You don't want that. You'll find another mate, no worries ;) . Girls like that are best off as just mates. She'll find someone who appreciates that kind of behaviour and you'll find someone else too! It's all good fella, don't worry about it.

I for one think I've landed on my feet big time. I was a real arse with our lass earlier this week when I was really tired. I couldn't sleep and it made me moody and irritable. I snapped at her a few times and was really short and pissed off. I apologised though a few days ago and told her that I feel a tw@ because she really didn't deserve to be treated like that, she's always lovely with me even if she's not in the best of moods. She told me it was fine and I had nothing to worry about, she just joked a little that she'll try and steer clear of me when I'm lacking sleep in the future then told me to forget about it. Bless her little cotton socks, she's a darling she really is. I'm onto a good one and I intend to hold onto her! No more of that... I'll have to think of something good for Valentines Day :) .

[ February 11, 2007, 09:51: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

11. Urithrand

Media:
    Barmy, it's great to see things are going well! Snapping isn't so good, but all the better if she's still interested afterwards :p At least one of us has some luck in that department ;)

Hope things go well for you mate :thumb:

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Cheers our kid, she's a star I'm well lucky, and I know it :) . I think I'll just stick to having a nice bouquet of flowers sent to her at work on the 14th.. not been with her that long, don't want to spend too much money! I think she'll appreciate that though :) . I'm taking it pretty slow with her too, don't want to be too full on. What do you think?

13. chevalier

Media:
    Barmy, you know I'm all in favour of the slow approach, right? So slow in some regards that I'd even put them off till after the wedding, you know. :D

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh Goddamit! I've had the worst time this afternoon with my girlfriend. Just the worst. She wouldn't let me touch her (don't think sexualy you fools just lovin' huggin' :p ) nor kiss her nor anything. Every CD I put got on her nerves. And worst she just stop crying and didn't want to tell me her! Now all I know is she has to « rethink our relation » sure « It's not my fault » she just thinks a lot about her last lover. I still love her, but what the hell????

Fortunately the last half an hour was nice, I guess it wasn't all about her too, I wasn't «really there» either, I had alot on my mind.

Despite her telling otherwise why do I have the feeling this isn't to went well.

Damit!

[ February 12, 2007, 01:41: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Rethink your relationship? Too much thinking about the ex? Uh-ho. That doesen't sound very good, I'm afraid. I don't know what happened between her and that guy, but thinking of an ex while being with someone new is pretty bad.

Because something is obviously wrong, Flix. It could just be old wounds that aren't completly healed... or the beginning of the end.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I really wish it isn't true, I really do. I don't want it to end. Geeez,

17. chevalier

Media:
    Yep. If you want to be with someone, you should push all other thoughts away. Out of your head. And all. If you can't get matters solved with your ex, you need cooldown. But I wouldn't fault the girl. She's young. She probably meant the best. She needs to sort things out and I think she wants to hurt no one. Sometimes one has to stand back and let the girl choose.

You may have to allow it to end. I don't envy you. It's very, very hard, I know. But sometimes it's for the best.

Note that I'm not saying it's the end. Maybe she will choose you. Or maybe it's not about choosing.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Do we ever want relationships to end? Sometimes, however, you have no other choice than suck up and move on to whatever else life has to offer. Regardless of how much it sucks, this is a certainty of life.

I wouldn't fault her either, but it sounds pretty evident she has some unresolved issues with the ex... which should be taken care of ASAP.

There's little left to do other than sit back and watch what happens...

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31

If it were me I'd just gap it. Things like that are unresolveable and the chances of it coming right are slim to nothing.

But that's probably me just being cynical... or was it realistic? The two are so hard to tell apart.

20. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That's harsh... Dating someone on the rebound can be pretty nasty.

Try to be supportive and don't put too much pressure on her, maybe she'll come around (although it seems unlikely).

Courage Ofelix!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.