1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Concentrate on studies. ;) That's your future. And your future family's future. ;)

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I agree with Taza... I am still not over my ex, but when she got a new boyfriend, it made things worse exponentially. If you really do love her and you know nothing will ever come of it again, try to lose contact with her so she can't continue to hurt you. That was (is :rolleyes: ) my mistake - not getting away as quickly as possible.

3. chevalier

Media:
    Well, seeing the next boyfriend has always worked as a cure for me...

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

At least now you have seen we were right in recommending that - so I doubt you'll make the same mistake another time.

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

[​IMG] Well, for me talking to her new boyfriend was therapeutic. In the sense of "hilarious". Still makes me giggle.

But overall trying to stay friends with your ex is a pointless exercise. Even trying resembles hitting one's head against a stone wall repeatedly hoping it'll go numb. It may work, but it's too damn painful to be worth it.

Just cut all contact, and concentrate on yourself. Don't jump into a new relationship before it stops hurting, either.

If you want to be friends, it'll be a lot less painful in six months or so.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I guess you're right taza, still she goes to the same college in the same program as I do, however she's in first year and I'm in second, so we don't have any class together, and that's a relief.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Alright, quick update...

I had a discussion with my housemate last weekend regarding the ahh, dilemma, I found myself into.

I explained to her how I felt, what I thought, basically I was honest with her, and she understood and respected my decision.

That's one less thing to worry about, but a part of me can't help but to wonder if this will be enough for her to completly get over me. Time will tell, I suppose. *shrugs*

8. chevalier

Media:
    The question is, are you over her?

9. Disciple of The Watch

Not totally, but it's just a matter of time. Don't worry about me, I learned to differentiate love from a simple crush - she was a crush.

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Well, I've received an email from my now ex-girlfriend and I understand her motive a little more. I've send her a message back, saying my point of view in this story. I'd like to have external opinion but alas both her message and mine aren't in english.

Despite the fact that it hurt, I feel slightly better now that we've told each other the bottom of our heart. I only regret that it has to be my written message... Damn our age of technology!

11. Disciple of The Watch

Maybe I can help with that, if so you wish.

12. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    So can I, I guess. ;)

13. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Ofelix: If you need another opinion PM me.

I couldn't agree more. I'm trying to have a discussion with... well, the girl I used to go out with and she hasn't got the guts to see me. It's so easier to write a text message or an email and avoid a situation that she knows would be awkward for her and make her feel bad. That's human I guess but it's a tad disappointing.

14. Ofelix

Media:
    Ah, well it's just that her message has quite a... «regional accent». That might not be quite understanable to foreigners. You still feel up to the task Caradhras?

Well I see her everyday at college, it just seems too early and painful.

Also I was quite surprised to see her yesterday, (exactly one week after she dumped me) siting a little to «intimate» with another guy in the studend room. I know I've no right to judge, but damn!

15. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Ofelix: Sure, Canadian French is tricky but I'd like to help if I can.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Flix, clean some of that inbox if you want my opinion...

Sometimes, writing is better. If you can't say it, then write it. I'll admit it's not the same thing than discussing fact-to-face, but it is nontheless a perfectly viable way of expression.

And for the record, things are easier now that I've sorted out things with my housemate. It's like some nameless tension vanished... that sounds weird, maybe, but I can definitively tell things are different now.

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Well, I got myself into an unpleasant situation...

There's this girl in my building (student house :p ) that I get along with and has a crush on another guy in the house who -although he's not unfriendly to her- doesn't seem to return the feelings. Now last night, we had dinner with all my house mates and I had brought a friend (A). Then we went to a party and A and the crushed-on guy really, really hit it off. The ironic thing is that I had asked whether my friend could come to dinner and the housemate had said "Sure, so long as she doesn't steal "the crush"." Har har...

The housemate isn't angry or anything, but it's just kind of annoying.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    DotW; I didn't realised my box was full, I've deleted some of them now.

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Well my latest love-affair is withering away. But everything is as it should be. She finally came to the conclusion that she's not going to start anything with me and so this little passion of mine has wilted.

At first I felt that it would've been easier if she would've just turned me down bluntly and saying it straight to my face, but that's not how nice people do things. It's easier for themselves when they're cruel to be kind. I'm quite content that she never said "Let's just be friends..." Which often just means "I don't hate you or anything, but it'd be best if we'd have as little dealings with each other as possible."

So I guess we're friends. As much or little point there is to that, but I'm still seeing her whenever I'm around. It still feels good to spend some time with her, but I think it's a good think for the moment that the roaring flames of passion have died out. It is as it should be.

20. Disciple of The Watch

The circle is complete, then.

Interesting interpretation. It does have some truth, though varying on the degree of sincerity, I guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.