1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

One of my friends recently ditched her boyfriend, and started going out with another guy a few days later.

Now she didn;t dump her boyfriend for this other guy.

Her ex was a decent guy, just bloody annoying.

Still, as much as I like her, I had the same thing pulled on me a few years ago, so I'm finding it difficult to watch.

Luckily, someone has noticed my melancholy state atm, and is doing her best to cheer me up :p Interpret that how you will.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Daie,
    you're not by any chance a poseur melancolique? :p

News from that girl that holds me at-arms-length: She'll move out of town soon and I got an invitation for dinner. In a restaurant, that is, on neutral ground, and only us. Now I am curious how that will turn out.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Rag, I most certainly am not :(

4. Ragusa

Media:
    In a sense, good for you :heh:

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I feel quite ridiculous, even though it'll be soon two moths since it's over with my ex, I'm not over her! What is wrong with me? Am I weak or what?

I really hope I get this summer job a 36 hours a week job, I hope, will change my ideas.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Sigh. Always the sighing.

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Guess what. :deadhorse: Oh, yeah... :deadhorse:

Damn me for falling for these obscure crazy redheaded artsy girls with issues! Damn me for once finding someone I can really relate to! Damn me if I'm not damned for finding yet once again that this whole thing isn't doomed, since there never was a thing in the first place and there never will be! Oh, I do love to get to be friends with someone I truly like! I do! But...but...AAAAAAA! How'd you like to almost start to believe in fate since you never get your hearts desire! Oh let that be a bloody lesson for me! And let this one be such as well! I'd curse the heavens if I wouldn't be the one to blame! Find a nice girl, stupid! Yeah, and change your friggin personality in the process! Funnier things have happened! I'm not laughing!

Damn me for posting a relationship rant in E minor! Feel the full force of my trembling baritone! Raaargh!

8. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Date number two tonight with someone a little special I'm hoping. Wish me luck!

9. Ragusa

Media:
    My girl-who-keeps-me-at-arms-length is about to move out of town and she keeps, to my great delight, contacting and seeing me :roll: :spin:

But what future would a relationship over 800km have? Or rather, another relationship. Bleh :rolleyes:

10. Daie d'Malkin

Hmm, it seems now it's completely up to me whether I remain single or not. Damn.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Okay... this is probably just a mind trick from my subconscious, but still.

I was watching TNA Lockdown 2006 yesterday, and all of suddenly an image of some kind popped in my mind - I was back with my very first gf, and actually *living* with her in an apartment I vaguely recognized as being in a building roughly 20 minutes away from where she lived.

Why the hell did she popped up in my mind, nine years after? A weird trick from my mind, no doubt - but what intrigues me is that everytime something like that happens, I bump into the said person sooner or later - usually sooner.

WTF??????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

12. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Maybe you subconsciously wander around places that you know she often frequents?

As for me, I've come to be the victim of the nasty situation I described a page earlier or so. Turns out the girl that also lives in my building is irrationally angry with me for the whole situation...I feel wronged because I seem to be implicated in a feud (which, really is only there in the imagination of that girl, neither my friend nor I wish her ill and I just stay far away from all the stuff) against my will. Bleh.

13. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] After spending a long and nice afternoon with her yesterday I invited aforementioned lady to dinner today and by now she's one and a half hours late. Standing me up aside, I'm pissed at her for ruining my afternoon, mood - and dinner :mad: food is cold again by now, because I didn't want to start expecting her to show up :mad:

Worst of all, when I hear of her next I am confident she'll have a perfectly plausible reason for doing all this, and I will be inclined to accept it :flaming:

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nah, **** that off man. Can't let her think she's got you round her little finger. Be distant from her for a bit. She'll either see what she's missing or drift away.. you don't want a girl who will stand you up like that anyway. You can do better than that.

15. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Good sound advice from Barmy. If she cares about you and if she wasn't fooling around she will miss you. If not then she is not worth your time.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This is assuming she's not in a hospital or a coma or something.....

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I've never really found comas to be that much of a turn-on. You'll have a hard time keeping a relationship going with her if she is in one.

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Rags, it's better to be too forgiving than not forgiving enough. But you might want to hear her excuse not only for standing you up but also for not contacting you. She might have had a very good reason for not coming, but not phoning to tell you is another matter. Hope she's all right and nothing bad has happened to her. In dubio pro reo, you know. :p

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    She can't talk back, sounds ideal to me.

Bit of lube, you'll be laughin'!

20. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Ragusa, dont take things like that lying down. Sometimes it is good to be forgiving and understanding. But in this case, because she didnt call, or phone you the next day, and tell you how she wished she could have come for dinner, I think she doesnt care.

Ignore her for a bit. make it seem like you didnt care that she didnt come.

women are very very strange. who would get turned on by someone ignoring them? yet for some women, give them too much attention and they get bored. go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.