1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

2. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yeah, dominating wasn't the right word... My father didn't 'dominate' my mom...but he did call the shots. And most of my friends' dads called the shots. But I live in the woods.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I would guess that in many cultures around the world, the men do dominate the women, but it's certainly not the case in modern day New Zealand.

4. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If I can be so bold, I doubt that HB.

We are bigger, stronger, more aggressive, and less prone to empathy. Plus, we can shred on a guitar like no woman can.

Those things count for something no matter where you are in the world.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm not sure what sort of relationship you are in, where being "bigger and stronger" counts for anything. You might want to rethink your approach to dealing with women if you are using "bigger and stronger" as a tactic. In my world, that is commonly known as bullying and is not really a recommended path to a woman's heart.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

With all due respect, Uytuun... when you have had as many bad experiences as I or my bro Iku have, it's hard to keep an optimistic point of view on the whole concept of love.

I might look like a lost cause, don't I? Well, there is a woman which swept me off my feet and resurrected my faith in love. As of now, she's a friend, a very good friend, maybe someday she will be more, or maybe not, who knows what fate has in store for us? Time will tell.

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I might actually start getting used to being single. :rolleyes:

I had way too high expectations of starting my life all over again when I moved into a new town, and my hopes came crashing down when I found out that I'm just as hopeless with women as I've always been.

What bugged me the most was that my columbian roommate was dating (of course) and had had relationships with several girls during the years he'd been here in Finland (no surprises there) and having no luck with women made me feel so lacking...it became as a thing, he'd introduce me to his friends "..and this is my roommate, he's unlucky with women". Nice guy really, but I'd guess it bugs me that people might think less of me if I can't get a girl. Now that he's moved out, I don't worry that much about getting into a relationship, not right noe at least.

I'm actually getting used to the idea that I'd be spending my life without a significant other. I'm quite dispassionate about this notion...currently, that is. Being single is good. Good enough for me.

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Just don't jump into bed with the first woman that shows interest. I know too many people that have made that mistake, and now they are trapped in loveless relationships. Its better to spend a few years being single, until you find 'the one for you'.

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hey I'm not bumping anything with any girl, even if they'd show interest. I seem to be blessed that way. I've a real talent of bungling those situations. So nothing comes out of them even if I wanted to, which I actually don't.

This one time when I was drunk and all, danced with this one exchange student...real close and personal, for a long time. Then she had to go to the ladies room.She said that don't go anywhere, that she'd be back...but it was only a minute to closing time. I never saw her again. I guess that either she wanted to get rid of me or that her friends dragged her out of that place.

Shucks, maybe she didn't like me at all, but just wanted to dance with someone and that's just her way of getting rid of guys she doesn't like...that's more than likely. I was played a fool. Again.

No worries though, a lesson to be learned there.

A girl would really have to chase me to get the message through that she likes me, and lucky me, the gender roles dictate to most of the girls that it's the guys chasing the girls and not the other way around. Maybe some girls chase guys, but I'm not the kind of guy a lot of girlies would go after. Of course that would be kind of flattering, but usually I'd be seriously annoyed about that kind of girls.

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Come to N.Ireland, women do the chasing here, and they like foreign men.

11. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    It was not long after I'd given up and accepted the fact that I would be single the rest of my life that I was introduced to the woman that I am about to marry. Giving up on love is possibly the quickest way to get it. I know it's a cliche but it often seems to really work that way.

Amen to that!

12. Disciple of The Watch

Oh hell I hear ya, bro, I hear ya. I actually wouldn't mind a woman doing the chasing - would be a refreshing change after all, and besides, considering my legendary fumbly approach with woman, so reversing the roles would be petty interesting.

The woman do the chasing?!? Wow. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

13. Saber

/me packs bags and heads for N. Ireland.

Blah, its tough to handle this when its the only thing you have to think about because you're on winter break. I have nothing to distract me...

14. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Me too. I've always liked red-headed women. There should be a lot more there than here.

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    /me passes Saber the chocolate

Think this way: every day that passes, you're closer to feeling less pain. But I can imagine that it might have been nice to have some distraction. On the other hand, winter break probably means you don't see her, which is a good thing. ;)

And DotW, it's a relief to hear you still have some faith in love left. ;)

16. Saber

In other news, I now have the endless capability to write sappy emo poems :D :thumb:

But, eh, I've been having a few breakdowns lately.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Edit: Looks like I got excited too fast.

[ December 23, 2006, 05:27: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

18. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Well, after almost 6 months since my last post, I finally told the girl I had a crush on about my feelings. I don't know if you remember, chev, but you were dead on about her feelings towards me. She said she had no idea, and always thought we were just good friends.

After I told her(at a coffee shop, by the way), she said she needed some time to think about it. She SMSed me during the night and told me that she liked me, but she didn't know if it was just as friends or as a guy. In the meantime, I persuaded her to be my girlfriend, so we'll just have to see where it takes us.

Hope I don't end up screwing up our friendship, though...

19. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Dating a friend can go either way. When you start dating someone, your behaviour towards them changes, and good friends (particularly females for some reason) will pick up on this. Just try not to lose sight of the fact that she's not just your girlfriend and carry on doing those things you've always done!

P.S. If you're hiring, I'm joining the brotherhood...

20. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

The Brotherhood of Dating Friends or the Brotherhood of Screwing Up Friendships?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.