1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    N. Ireland sounds pretty tempting...maybe I'll check it out if I'd pay a visit there as an exchange student some day...

I've always had a thing for redheads as well..

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Jan: The fact that you're 21 and hardly ever in a relationship for more than 2 months doesn't necessarily say there's something wrong with you. Perhaps you pick the wrong girls or perhaps it's coincidence. It's also possible you're too mature for girls your age or maybe there are some cultural or philosophical differences. Don't worry. Just give up caring about that and go on in your life and there will be a woman. If one doesn't actually pop up and stay at some stage, it will probably mean you're better off without one in your life, which is also a possibility. ;)

@Iku-Turso:

That's really a bad motivation to get a girl. If that's what makes you want a relationship, give girls a rest, really. ;) Besides, people will think more of you if you stop giving a flying crap of them potentially thinking less of you for this or that pathetic reason. ;)

It is. And it's not worth giving up for a poor or even average relationship. Make sure you get a good woman, otherwise it's not worth the game.

I don't mind a woman making the first move and if it weren't overtly sexual, I would always try to be as courteous and undepressing when turning one down. I think they have every right to step up and make things clearer with a guy they really like, and I respect the courage to do so. What I have a problem with is girls who would chase guys, as in many guys or multiple at the same time. I just don't think I would like to chase a girl who does the chase like that. I may be prejudiced to some extent, though.

@DoTW:

It really sucks when you like the girl a lot but she isn't your type and she's actually found the courage and resolve not to care about small-minded convenances...

@Kenixkil: Good luck and congrats. I can empathise indeed. I suppose the better solution might have been to stay friends, stop flirting with other people and start digesting the idea. But this doesn't mean it won't work out. I hope it will. :) Just don't hold it against her if she decides that's not it. ;)

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

It's human nature to try and get people to think more of you, or to notice you, or to impress him. It's not his fault :p

4. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

@chev: I won't hold it against her. That's actually one of the first things we agreed on: to remain good friends if we break up. Still hoping it doesn't come to that, though. ;)

5. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That sounds like a good idea to me. There are after all plenty of other things I could focus on ATM. It is, however, quite soul destroying to be turned down by every girl you find attractive. *Sigh* Never mind, another day another mystery.

6. chevalier

Media:
    @Saber: It's not his fault but he will benefit from getting over it, as many of us, myself included. :p

@Kenixkil: That's good. :)

@Urithrand: Believe me or not, I know the pain. It happened to me a lot until I just stopped caring, I realised I was adding things up to more than they were and negative thinking contributed ("It won't work anyway, but let me try just to prove again it doesn't work, and make a statement"). I also realised that sometimes it was more about getting a girl than just actually thinking about the person for herself. However, a human person should always be a goal, never a means. Thus it's better to have friends and make new ones and just not close oneself to people and then it will come one day. Pushing it is just wrong on the premises. ;)

7. Saber

Chev, apparently a lot has happened to you, you crazy old wizard (kind of like Obi-Wan Kenobi, if you think about it... thats what Lars said about him, at least).

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Edit: Looks like I got excited too fast.

[ December 23, 2006, 05:28: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Take it slooooooow, though. ;)

10. Saber

Ugh. My ex-girlfriend is concerned she screwed up our friendship, and wants everything to be OK. I still haven't gotten over the loss of her, and I can't even think about friendship right now, so this is kind of frustrating me... I think she underestimates my love for her and complete devastation over losing her.

11. Disciple of The Watch

It looks like we're back to the ex-as-friends debate once more...

Were such a thing happen to me, I'd give her the F-U and move on. Friends are expandable. You'll meet plenty of people along the way, anyway. Don't wrack yourself for a "friend", especially not for a woman.

That's just my opinion, though. I am an avid hater of the idea of staying friends with exes, but you already know that, do you.

12. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Saber: Two words. Middle finger.

She dumped you and wants everything to be OK? Anyone see the glaring problem here?

The friendship can heal. It's just unlikely.

And seeing the things you've complained about here before, I'd suggest you ask yourself if you even want to be her friend any more.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Haha... Indeed, I heartily agree. Finally, someone who isn't afraid to tell a woman who deserves it to go f*** herself.

14. Saber

Well, I don't have a problem with being her friend eventually, but right now I am still reeling from the punch. It takes more than some ibuprofen to get over that kind of pain...

In other news, this time of year blows broken hearted.

15. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

@Saber: New member for that club here;;

Okay, so the girl I talked about last week just dumped me. Said that she just wanted to stay friends, and that she believed that taking this any further would just hurt me more. Then she hightailed it out of the shop. She kept saying that she was sorry, to which I responded(mechnically) that she didn't have to.

Not a good experience. We lasted less than a week! To top it all off, she just HAD to dump me on Christmas Day.

Worst Christmas ever, I think... It's gonna take a while to be able to look at her in the face without hurting.... :o

16. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That is harsh... :nolike: She is certainly not the right person for you. Don't worry, you'll get over her, try to enjoy the holidays.

17. chevalier

Media:
    She might have given you the best gift ever. ;) You don't want a relationship with silent problems that make your life go wrong but are not brave enough to go out, right? You want a woman that loves you, not one that agrees to stay with you. And she also has the right to find someone she's happy with. ;)

18. Disciple of The Watch

She had the balls to tell you, at least. That's one good point in her favor.

Bingo. Chev has pretty made a bull's eye on that one.

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    This girl I'm seeing is confusing me. She seems really interested one minute, then not so interested a bit later. She seems a nice lass, so I bet she's just confused as to how she feels and doesn't want to come on too strong until she's sure it's what she wants.

I'll not text her or phone her for a few days, leave the ball in her side of the court. She'll come running she when misses me ;) .

20. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Getting over a relationship of two and a half years is proving to be tough.

I recently realized I had left myself a message to let it go if it was going way back when it started, and that I was unhappy for months before the relationship ended, lying to myself about how things were going to get better later on.

I know the breakup eventually is very good for me, and that relationship was headed for a disaster anyway. And yet it still hurts so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.