1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hey, I might be a hard-ass m***********, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to change, as long as it's reasonable.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I meant the latter. The *gasp* quitting caffeine part... I mean... :cry:

3. Disciple of The Watch

Me? Quitting caffeine? HA! I don't mind reasonable change... but I'll never stop drinking caffeine - in fact, if I die while drinking caffeine, my life has been an overwhelming success.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hung out with the ex-girlfriend today... everything was fine (as in not awkward), but it killed me to not be able to hold her or kiss her (or do anything relationshippy) or just act like I have for the past ten.5 moths with her. I kept hoping something would happen.

Or, I keep hoping that this has all been one freakin' long nightmare...

To put it blatantly, I still feel like ****. I mean, I don't expect to feel better any time soon, but even a little better would be nice. At least I've stopped crying every night...

5. Disciple of The Watch

I didn't knew you were into masochism and rapture, Saber.

Let go and F-U her. You'll feel much better.

6. Saber

Oh, masochism is good stuff :thumb:

7. Disciple of The Watch

Really? It's this very same masochism which contributes to the nightmare you're currently into. Basically, you're into self-imposed emotional rapture.

I'm no masochist nor a fan of emotional rapture, so I prefer to give a F-U, but hey, to everyone it's own.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    That girl I was talking about? Not going to happen. Gutted!

Went to a party last night and told her exactly how I feel, she said she just didn't feel the same way and was sorry. Sorry? What a clown, she's got nothing to apologize for at all. Silly mare.

I won't pretend I'm not gutted, because she's a really nice lass and really pretty. Ah well, plenty more fish in the sea I guess! Rejection sucks, huh? :p

9. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have been single for about a year now...and it is great! I don't see myself getting into another relationship for some time...

I don't blame anyone else for my problems. I don't feel as if someone else is holding me back. I don't have to conform myself to another's needs.

Funny thing about women, they are much like cigarettes: you only need one if you already have had one recently; after some time, the very need itself goes away (I'm not talking about horniness BTW...).

It is going to have to be one special women for me to allow myself to develop those needs once again.

But in the meantime...

I love my guitar. She's curvy and she makes beautiful sounds if I touch her the right way. Plus, once I take her off my lap, I don't need to spend another thought on her till it is time to play once again.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

lol. don't smoke myself so I can't attest to the truth of this statement, but it seems like a pretty smooth simile. may use it when I give someone advice nextime :D

@Saber

I'm on DotW on this one. You want to salvage the friendship? Fine, stick around. It'll be tough but you'll eventually get through it. Wont be the same though. But don't stick around hoping that you guys will get together again (especially since it doesn't seem likely from what you're saying) because that's just kicking your own ass. I myself am not really into masochism. Rant about it a couple of days, cry a bit, get drunk for around a week then avoid contact with the ex until such time that I can function normally around her and keep it cool without kicking my own ass on the inside.

@Barmy

yeah, it does suck. you take it pretty well though. btw, that last remark was not a shot, it's more of a compliment. I myself don't take rejection very well.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    You can't win them all mate. I guess it all depends on the lass in question and how she lets you down. No point moping about it when you get rejected though, I used to be like that and it gets you nothing. Her loss, plenty more lasses out there :thumb: .

After a long time of being single after my last relationship, I'm ready now to get into it again. I'll be going out loads again and finding myself a bit of skirt dude :) . It's all good. I'll start going out with my mate Colin and his lads, he's a proper slag he is, you're usually guaranteed to cop off. Proper gift of the gab. I wish I was like that. I'm crap at chatting women up, big time! I always get 'awww, you're such a lovely guy'. I struggle getting from there to lets get sweaty, that's my biggest problem. I'll find meself something though ;) .

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

lmao, I get that a lot too! When I get around to uploading a pic in the SP pic section you guys will see why though. Most recent example: I asked a girl how old she thought I was: 17. Try 22 :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, I still get my fair share of admirers, I guess some of the girls are into the whole younger guy look ;) :p

13. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

As geeky as it sounds, using online chat is a good way to get to know members of the opposite (or same sex), especially for me as I find it hard to talk to strangers. You can just chat away and when you do finally decide to meet up, you 'know' them well enough to be able to talk and joke around with them comfortably.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

That's certainly true, since you can treat everyone like a block of wood for all it matters. However, I'd really have to wonder exactly why you would want to move the thing to real life. Unless it is sex, which is rather difficult to do without being physically there.

And if it isn't sex, then wouldn't it better to keep blabbering online like you are used to?

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

We're not big into that locally, at least not the circles I go around in.

I guess our substititute are all these new internet picture pages like friendster and multiply and stuff. If 2 people are single and like what they see in each other's pictures, they set up a meet, etc.

16. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Meh, I've gone from one extreme to the other. Having had an absolute corker get away from me, I now have someone pining after me that I am not interested in at all. Irony is such a cruel mistress :cry:

17. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I'd say be happy. That ensures you'll end up with someone really special to you.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Urith, you're scaring me. That's exactly what happened to me last night. Some big ugly bird was wanting a bit. Real slapper too, she just came out of nowhere and planted one on my lips. I broke away like 'no thanks duck, I'm flattered like...' but then she kept following me about. Scary!

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That's molestation.

Or do they assume a guy always wants one?

20. Saber

Haha, are we going to get into a discussion on male sex drive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.