1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Yeah, Daie, she won't be pleased either way, but do give it some more time. Or get together with the other girl in secret...isn't that exciting? :p

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, you left her, and from what I understood, you've been honest, so she shouldn't hold it against you - you have the right to seek your own happiness with someone else.

And as for time? Take the time to reel, and when you feel ready, then just for that someone else. If the ex doesen't like that, then screw her - why should you give a damn about what she thinks?

True. Keep one thing in mind, though - this one is a friend's best friend. She vouched for her, and I trusted her judgement, and she was right on the money - she's the best housemate I've had so far.

I've told her not to expect anything from me, and she seems to have taken the hint.

If things f*** up, well, too bad. This is my last year in Quebec, so should it go sour, I'll just bide my time.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Always confusing in carnival are not so much the girls dressing as boys, but rather the boys dressing as girls. So I had to firmly refuse the attention of an oddly attractive something yesterday, because I couldn't bring myself to ask about the sex, or find out.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Wow. Just wow. And Happy Daie.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Rags. That is hilarious. You COULDN'T tell if it was a woman or not??? :shake:

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I didn't press the matter :)

7. Daie d'Malkin

Friday was wow. Saturday was WOW.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

haha Carnaval in Germany must be pretty nuts then :D Was in Ciudad Rodrigo myself this Saturday however, due to faulty information I arrived too late to run with the bulls. I saw the bullfights though. An interesting experience though I feel kind of bad when they cut the bull's throat. I also felt that one of the bulls in the bullfight deserved to live. Anything that fights that hard deserves its change, I was half hoping it was going to stomp that lame matador.

Met a very attractive Dutch girl when I got back to Salamanca from Ciudad Rodrigo and had a blast hanging out with her. Took the wind out of my sail when she said she's seeing someone back in the Netherlands though :( ah well, making friends I guess :/

9. Daie d'Malkin

Now that was one hell of a weekend. Spent most of it in bed. Not alone :D

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

You're having sex you lucky bastard, we know, we know :rolleyes:

I gotta get me some of that too. Mid-December was a long time ago :(

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    How about some feelings for a change?

12. Daie d'Malkin

Hey, I'm entitled to be a bit happy. I finally got the girl I;ve been chasing since last April.

On the other hand, horrendous guilt for not waiting longer after breaking up.
    And we;ve got to keep things quiet until the end of the month.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Chev

Your wish is my command.

I realize that this is probably going to make me sound a bit hypocritical in light of my last post but I'm just going to go for it.

My ex just told me that she's seeing someone already. Okay, before all the comments, let me explain my position. We've been single for 6 months already and I actually visited her for a few days a month ago. I flew to SFO from Manila which was basically going way out of the way on my way to Spain as its on the West Coast. Anyway, nothing of a sexual nature happened and I'm glad that we were able to treat each other as just friends and not feel awkward. This may have gone down differently if she was seeing the guy then but thats neither here nor there. My sole purpose in going to SFO was to reassure myself that she was doing fine, which she was. So I was glad.

She just dropped the news on me now. I've refrained from asking for details and stuff, even the guy's name as I don't want to give myself the temptation to try and look him up on the internet or some other sad thing like that.

Anyway, I'm happy that she's found someone that she thinks appreciates her and may be able to make her happy now that I no longer have that job descripton. Really, I am. I just want the best for her.

Why then do I feel like I got punched in the stomach? She told me over IM maybe an hour ago and I'm still missing my wind. Thank God I've made one really good friend here in Spain and he's willing to meet with me after dinner just to have a few beers.

So this is what it feels like.

14. chevalier

Media:
    Enagonios, I could give you some advice further, but it's going to hurt. Do you wish me to proceed?

15. Disciple of The Watch

This is one of the reasons why I am adamantly against staying friends with an ex. When you've left someone, you don't need to hear she's got someone else.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Sure Chev, go for it.

@DotW

Its just that I felt it was too great a loss after all the time we spent together and under the circumstances with which we split up (her leaving for the U.S.). But its not like we're buddies and she's going to ask me advice about her new guy :sick: or anything like that. Besides, I still care for her. Not in the whole boyfriend-girlfriend way but still.

17. Daie d'Malkin

@Enag. Ouch, sorry tp hear that, buddy. APols for the state of my post, but I am very drunk, and about to go to bed.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Well, Enag, you have your reasons and it's not my place to question them. I've said in the past I consider staying friends with an ex akin to banging your head in a concrete wall hoping it will go numb. It might work, but it's not worth it. Not to mention you're imposing yourself an emotional rapture.

My point is, the two of you still can be friends. Take some distance and let enough water run under the bridge, and pick the friendship up later if you must.

I've already said this before, but when I part ways with an ex, I hope I never ever meet her again, and I'm not shy on saying so, and if that's a deal breaker, too bad.

19. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Urgh, so, like, i REALLY like my best friend, i wont say "love" cos i reserve that for people i have actually dated (0 so far :'( ) but, well, its close. BUT at the same time, i still hav feelings for the last girl i was chasing, but now shes in a relationship so nothing will happen there, not that anything will happen with the first one anyway, but still... I just wanna scream, and cry and generally punch folk. Why O' Why do i have to live in a city that has the safest city centre in the whole of the UK, it means no fights to potential muggings for me to kick peoples asses.

20. chevalier

Media:
    Enagonios, I see that you care for the girl and it's good that you want her to be happy. However, I'm not sure it's all finished between you or that it even could be, considering how long you had been together. I'm not sure going away to study a bit in foreign countries is a good enough reason to split up with someone with whom you could have a good future together - and there was no other reason to split up, was there? It would be bad for you two to end up each with a different person, only a substandard substitute for the other. For this reason perhaps it would be a good idea to rethink the split.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.