1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Oh! To the sparrow and the pigeon came ... a hummingbird, and a hawk (who's a friend of mine and taking care of pigeon's (who's hawk's friend) interests). To make things even more complicated the hummingbird is migrating to China for five weeks, and I will see pigeon in the meanwhile. I'm somewhat disappointed about sparrow not calling back.

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My dear Ragusa, are you playing us for a lark?

But this reminds me of this wonderful skylark, I never heard her sing, but she danced some wicked samba with me :rolleyes: ...or was it mambo or cha-cha-cha? Hrmm, in any case, one of my charms once again, you play too easy to get and they run away. Doesn't that suit me just fine though...oh, it does pain me somewhat, but I get over it. Then it's time to get serious with another one and hope it works out well and it does...well, just not in a long-term sense. I don't have the carwheels for that and I'm never going to be a landscape architect. They settle down with someone that seems to have a future you see...

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Christ, I still don;t know who I want more.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

She eventually will hear the call of exoticism and will come back to you when this long term needs a little spice, you'll see. Remember, we're the dangerous type the girlies like for a fling or one night affair.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

They both say they love me, they both want to be with me, so why can;t I get my head together and work out which one I want more?

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Because it would be no fun otherwise. :p

Ok, ok...well, pro/con list? Maybe let both of them go? Are you looking for a long-term thing, if so, then who is best suited? Ask advice from people that are not blinded by infatuation and also know the girls personally. To me, this seems like a virgin-whore dichotomy thing (I'm not calling your girlfriends virgins or whores...), but then again, my mind is clouded with literary notions.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No envy.

It's possible the answer is "neither". They say if you can't decide between two women, you don't really want either of them. I say that's not necessarily true, but at some point you do have to decide and then if you can't at that point, then perhaps the feelings are of friendship or some kind of infatuation - and if you feel attracted to them, it doesn't preclude anything.

Good luck finding the right one.

One sparrow doesn't make the spring yet. :p

8. Disciple of The Watch

Ha, attracting taken chicks that just want a one night stand... THAT'S HOW I ROLL, whenever I like it or not.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    You read that wrong. There is ample reason to presume that a sparrow, a pigeon and a hummingbird do :p

10. Disciple of The Watch

My housemate and her bf are "taking a break", from what she told me. I'm not sure why, but I haven't seen her this bubbly since quite some time...

As for my friend and the bf I hate, she sent her stooge to confront me about what my problem is with him earlier today. I told him his four truths and added that if he ever hurted her, there would be hell to pay. Guess what? The idiot sucker-punched me saying nobody threatens him.

I took him down with a well-placed steel toe capped kick to the knee and locked him in my Raven's Wings until he bled from the mouth and stuffed in his thick skull not to F with me.

And just like I suspected, love has turned my friend stupid. She's pissed because I hurted her precious little idiot. Telling her it was self-defense didn't changed a damn thing either.

Oh well. I have plenty of other female friends. Besides, (rear naked) choking the s*** out of this A-hole felt unbelievably great, I think I might become addicted.

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'd suggest telling your friend that you will never tolerate someone physically attacking you. If she doesn't understand, then was she really ever a friend?

ION, I want to throttle the ex-girlfriend of my friend. She's a co-dependent passive aggressive brat with princess syndrome who's using the baby they had together as a method of trying to manipulate him. There's a custody suit initiated by my friend pending, and the hearing cannot come soon enough.

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @DoTW: Whoa, whoa...I'd hate to preach you bro, and I do know how great it feels to let that rage become over you, to let it become you, but don't let things get out of hand...just wishing you well here...don't get too singed by those hot girlies throwing themselves on you. I'd hate to see you go too far, I really would..

@Stefanina: There's not much you can do..damn...just be there for your friend, I think he might need quite a bit of support.

...man do things get way too complicated...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Hey, HE sucker-punched me, what was I supposed to do, turn the other cheek and walk away? Nuh-huh. That's not me. The A-hole had it coming. And he's lucky I simply went for the Raven's Wings - I was tempted to lock in a fuchiwara armbar and break his f****** arm. Or his ankle. Or knee. Or all of them.

As for my would-be-friend, let's just say she's gonna marinate. Eventually she's gonna realize how big of a mistake being involved in a relationship with this A-hole was, and let me tell her, I will not allow her to forget it, nor the fact she sent her stooge to confront me.

You know, she can send him again once he's done recovering. It would be a whole lot of fun to lock the Raven's Wings a second time. Or whip out some insane CZW type moves. Haven't decided yet.

Hehe, I'd say that this part is 'under control'.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey DoTW, how about next time I feel myself falling for a woman I give you a call and you use some of those moves on me? I'm actually currently fighting off feelings for a woman in an unhappily-arranged-marriage situation.... :bang:

15. Disciple of The Watch

Absolutely not. You're ain't a A-hole and you never pissed me off. Can't say the same for the last sorry SOB, though.

If you don't mind me saying, though, I think you should try and curb those rampant feelings of yours -- seriously, if you don't mind my blunt honesty (and if you do, sorry bout your damn luck mate), you're an infautuationzilla.

Chill out and go with the flow, mate. I was like you, so I know what it is, but ever since I changed my ways, I attract (taken) chicks like a big F'N magnet.

Take it easy, playa. If you make no active efforts to seduce the said gal, then you'll become a worthy catch and from this point, things have the potential to become... very interesting for you. Don't go over your head with the infautuations, and most importantly... STOP OVERANALING!

This is hard experience speaking here.

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @DoTW: Well, from what you tell it seems to me that now the idiot did gain something out of getting beaten up by you, winning over her affections by taking a beating. Major sympathy points there.

Giving a beating is one way to go, but if you want someone to lose his footing, making him look like the idiot he is and not like a victim might be a better method. But yeah, the real question is that how exactly you'd do that after someone starts swinging and doesn't miss...

Well...learning sphincter control's one of life's important lessons. One that brings a lot of comfort and joy. I'd say she's definitely gained more control over him right now. Or at least it's easy for her to think that she has.

This one thing also crossed my mind that maybe among other things which might make us attract taken girls is because we might be great material for making boyfriends jealous as hell and for getting empowered; getting the feeling of being more in control...but well, this just might be me being paranoid once again...

17. Disciple of The Watch

I've considered a job of verbal demolition too, my brother, don't be fooled about it. It's just that when it comes to this moron, beating the crap out of him is just so much more fun. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

As for the girlie, if she keeps f****** with me, well, this SOB's gonna kick in the verbal wrecking ball and pick up the broken pieces of her when I'm done. The last time I whipped out the verbal wrecking ball, I made my hard to faze off (and I mean REALLY hard to faze off) bitch ex cry like a newborn without even breaking a sweat.

I'm keeping it cool and staying under the radar, but if either of the idiots pulls some more s***, then it's gonna be doomsday.

18. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I've finally begun to like someone again, after a year of no-such-stuff-for-me mode. Unfortunately, there are several factors that are inhibiting me from actually asking her out.

The first is that she and I belong to the same group of friends. We are basically the core group of friends for each other, because we also all live in the same dorm. If I ask her out and it becomes awkward, one of us is going to have to leave the group, which will probably become me. We did, as a group, have a late-night discussion on this topic, and she said that her reaction to a friend asking her out would be on the cautious side, while being awkward if she did reject him would depend on the person.

The second is that she and I come from very different backgrounds, and I'm not sure how I would deal with it, having very little experience in relationships in general, the biggest one being that she's a vegeterian.

I'm still cautious after my last debacle (which I also posted here, like a year ago) but I don't want to be too cautious and miss my chance. Any tips?

19. Disciple of The Watch

I fail to see why this is a big deal. I lived with a vegetarian for four years and apart from the rather different shopping lists, each of us cooking our own meals, it was all good. She never tried to force her stuff on me and vice versa, and there's never been a problem.

She probably was an exception, though... I know a couple of vegetarian nutcases.

But back to buisness. If you really like that someone, then I'd say go for it. If she doesen't reciprocate, at least you have the exact time and date. Sure, things might be awkward for a while, but I can tell you from hard experience that this is WAY better than living with unspoken feelings.

The fact you share the same group of friends could problematic if things somehow do not work out... but that doesen't mean you can't stay friends with her.

As for being from different backgrounds... I'd chalk that as a positive. You can learn much from it.

Bottom line is, I think it's worth a try, and I think you should go for it - So Sayeth the taken chick uber-magnet.

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@DoTW, I know I'm an infatuationzilla, I'd never dream of denying it, and I do tend to become infatuated quite easily but I never consciously act on those feelings when they arise, although sometimes I can't help but to express certain things. However, lately I have always gone to the extra effort of qualifying such expressions as feelings of valuing the friendship.

I guess I tend to focus on the unattainable ones as a kind of safety measure due to my horrendous track record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.