1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Kenixkil, it's not because two people spend a lot of time together that they are automatically infatuated. Granted, one of them may be, or there can be tension between them, but don't draw hasty conclusions. Often when we're in love, we get slightly paranoid and interpret things in less-than-objective ways, attaching too much weight to both positive and negative occurrences.

2. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Yeah, I know how paranoid I get, but the thing is this conclusion wasn't drawn by me, but rather all the other people in our group, so I'm considering it more objective. My logic is that, if they are spending enough time together for people to notice, there's a greater chance of it being actually true :(

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hah, here's the definition of this uber-magnet, from a woman's POV:

So there it is -- a woman's point of view on me.

She has hit the nail dead center on the head when saying I would not enjoy a "normal" life - 9-5, 2,2 kids, mortgage, marriage. I didn't knew woman could sense that, though.

Putting all the pieces of the puzzle kinda makes the whole picture make sense:

- I meet taken chick.
    - Taken chick has a blast with me.
    - Taken chick senses my dislike for a "normal" life
    - Taken chick falls for me
    - Taken chick knows I'm not the kind of guy she's settle with
    - Taken chick knows the small prints, wants to be with me nontheless, and kicks into infidelity gear.
    - I bang my head in a wall because I freaking desire that taken chick but there's nothing I can do about it and because she'll lose interest in me when she becomes single. (Not the kind of guy they'd settle with, remember).

Yeah... I'm pretty much f*****.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well, a week after her last, brief, message I'm still kept in the dark. I'm somewhat reluctant to call her, even though I have her mobile's number. I don't know it would just seem awkward Hey! Yeah it's me, uh... we haven't spoken in ages... that prospect sounds absolutely dreadful...

The mere fact I care about this little incident troubles me. Why should I care? She has made abundantly clear that... wait, in fact I don't know what she wants or thinks. I'm not sure I want to risk looking a fool, again. Yet I still think of her? why? What is wrong with me?

Maybe I need to lower my "privacy shield" or whatever, can't really explain that. Uh, I value my privacy and I'm not much for talking? A mixture of shyness and privacy ? I guess that won't get me anything...

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oooo....all sorts of interesting flirtations going on in my new (and old) workplace. Yeah, went back to this job that I had couple of years ago, a NGO trying to make the world a better place, which means that there's a slew of hippie girls making things a little too interesting perhaps...must...not...screw...up...the job...by...well, screwing up.

So this time I'm somewhat of a veteran, although almost everyone's been there longer than I have, but meh...I'm a pro. So, having a status of being top notch, and being commited to the job, I'm in an interesting situation. I've got good rep, good status and values that my co-workers value high.

Making a comeback was a good thing it seems, because ever since the first day I've been there it's been like a flirtation warzone. Not much good trying to dodge those bullets...But yeah, I really have to step carefully, I really don't want to step into a tripwire...and set something off that'll blast the whole setting apart as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder if I should take the head-honchos secretary out for a date again :hmm: She's the one that I whacked with a +3 rose on the very first (and so far only) date... :doh: :shake: In any case, she seemed to be pleased that I was back...maybe I'm just too eager to draw conclusions, she just said that we'll be seeing each other in what it seemed as *I'd be happy to see more of you* tone...maybe she's just one of those compulsive flirters. Who knows? But who cares, either. I mean really. It's a one big game of free for all, until you get to pay your dues that is...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Flix, if you have her damn cellphone number, just send her a freaking text message - worked for me in the past. Even if YOU don't have a cellphone, you can send texts through the provider's website. I've done that many times where I just don't feel like talking or am just too damn shy to do so. Yes, yes, it happens. Double-barrel gun saluting someone and telling them to go F themselves comes easily to me, but when it comes to getting closer with woman... I do my damn best not to freeze in fear.

And Iku, if you've already taken her out and she wants to see more of you... WHACK THE PINATA! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Somehow, that really made me rofl. :D

And yeah, don't call, text. And be direct.

8. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Yeah, the WHACK THE PINATA! really gave me a big chuckle too.

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Naw, bro, I think I'll lay it low and see where I stand. Too many "irons in the fire" and I'm no master blacksmith. Don't want to butcher my chances with the other girlies either, so no whacking piñatas, or pounding any meat tender :nono: Where's the beef? I'm in no rush, just going to share some salt and break some bread with them. I'm still looking for companionship, so this'll do. Besides I'm going to be overworked for at least three weeks so I've no time for anything else but my jobs...

10. Disciple of The Watch

Well, it is your call, my brother.

Do let me know when you need a reality check and when you want me to tell you you REALLY should have whacked the piñata.

Me? The saga of the (taken) chick uber-magnet continues.

Oh yeah. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Whatever you do, chest forward, chin up and be a man. Take the kick like a man if you have to. Don't text if you can call, don't call if you can get an appointment.

DoTW, your quotation explains a lot. I have some of that too, surprising as this may seem to you. Generally, women divide into two groups: those who think I'm good for a date but not for a forever and those who think I'm good for a forever but I'm no means digestible at the momentary level. Well, at least except those who don't care either way, naturally.

Different people look for different things, be it long-term or be it short-term. What some will want in the long term, others will only tolerate in the short one... unless they look for it specifically, specifically also looking for short-term involvement.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  12. Disciple of The Watch

The latest chapter of the taken chick uber-magnet saga happened last weekend. I was at a party last Sunday, one of my longtime pals stops by -- with his gf, of course -- I get introduced to her, and BAM, here we go.

My brother was litteraly slack-jawed - it took a matter of hours and this one was totally in over her head with me. And as usual, her bf is a good friend of mine, so whacking the pinata with her is a huge no-no.

And chevvy... It doesen't matter if you have SOME of that. At the end of the day, I'm still the taken chick uber-magnet and I still attract more taken chicks than you since '97. No offense, but you're not even close to my level when it comes to be seen as exotic and short-term material.

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    /me throws DotW a white shirt, dressy pants and some of those good-son-in-law shoes...oh and a single girl...cheering for ya :p

14. Disciple of The Watch

Hehe... taunty as ever -- that's why I like ya, Charl.

ION... the "friend" and the A-hole? The stooge and I had a another brawl today -- parking lot brawl. I once again locked the Raven's Wings (making him bleed from the mouth once again). As for the "friend"? She was caught in a Raven's Wings from behind, courtesy of my housemate. Dual Raven's Wings - is there a prettier sight?

It's a wonder the moron keeps coming back for more. Hey, I don't mind - besides, there's no telling which MMA or wrestling move I'll pull off next time.

I love beating the crap out of people. Especially if there are weapons involved. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  15. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I told the girl what I felt about her and it went about as well as I could have hoped... Which is to say we're still friends :rolleyes:

16. Disciple of The Watch

Well, you have the exact time and date and won't be foolishly crushing on her. I'd say that's a positive.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yeah but hope is a great thing... even though it's double sided. Like the story of Pandora's Box how hope made the world bearable again, but also different versions had hope being the worst evil, since it masked the world.

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Sucks to find out that it will never happen, doesn't it? However, Disciple is likely right- if you keep it yourself and spend your time hoping vainly, you won't get any happier. Better to find out and, if necessary, try to move on as fast as you can.

The hope may be something to cling to, but do you really want to delude yourself?

In regards to 'whack the pinata!':

Brilliant. I don't know what it is about the phrase, but I just love it.

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That's not bad. At least you don't fall for girls who hate you for loving them.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Hehe... Whack the pinata came to me on the spur of the moment. Some of my best ideas were coined on the spur of the moment.

As for hope, it's not a bad thing in itself, but there's a very fine line between hope and vain hopes. Yeah, it can be worthy to cling to, but sometime one has to learn to let go. Getting the exact time and date isn't always pleasent, but would you rather know where you stand and move on with life instead of watching that someone's failed candidates, dates, bfs, while carburating on hope she gets the message you like her? I'd rather have my reality check served to me ASAP.

And it seems the A-hole and the "friend" finally got the hint. Too bad, I was enjoying beating his sorry arse time and time again.

Nothing new in the saga of the (taken) chick uber-magnet, which is a miracle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.