1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I just want to stay friends with my friend... that's all.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Friends are expandable. Only true friends are worth worrying for.

3. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

remember a friend will help you move
    but
    a good friend will help you move the bodies.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aw, this girl is top class. She wouldn't hurt a fly, bless her a cottons, heart of gold! I reckon Barmy is gonna get a date with her. She'd be good for me.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yup, guys, if you don't have other things to worry about than women, then you really need to try harder. Working 10-12 hours a day is quite a cure.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'll sign that as well. You start acting pretty nutty after two weeks of those shifts and then you really don't have to worry about women anymore. Problem solved. :thumb:

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Uh, I hate that it's so visible when I like someone...that includes tense body and face and a red head...disturbing.

8. Disciple of The Watch

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

/gives Charl a HUG OF DOOM +12

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Excellent...while hugging you hide all my I-like-you-and-I-have-no-control-over-it-aaaaargh-this-is-hell marks. More. :D

10. Disciple of The Watch

More? No way. Unleashing another +12 in the same space-time continuum would create a paradox that would cause all realities and universes to disappear into oblivion... too risky.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

right, so I just met up with that girl I'm kind of into and I got something like "Hey, I just wanted to make it clear to you that I'm just looking for friendship here. I didn't come here (Spain) with any intentions of going out with anyone or anything like that and I guess I kind of lost sight of that just after I got here (indicating interest in me) and now I'm pretty clear on it. I;m sorry if I gave you the wrong idea (by making out)."

Well. I was prepared for a short-lived thing but I was thinking more along the lines of a "1 month in Spain" type of thing that I'd always remember. This is certainly a bit of a switch-up. Caught me totally off-guard too.

I've had this conversation a couple of times in the past 6 months, but I've never been on this side of it. Quite a bitter pill I must say. Rejection is a new feeling for me. I can't say I like it very much.

Ah, time to hit up the Thursday night "barra libre" at Atahualpa later :beer:

12. Disciple of The Watch

I'm meeting my new in-laws this weekend. I can't say I'm especially looking forward to it -- likely will end up with them judging me by my looks and finding me too f***ed up for their daughter.

*shrugs* I'm used to this scenario, so no big deal.

My honeykitten also has promised me a surprise for this weekend, so that will wash the bad taste of meeting the in-laws.

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    :jawdrop: :eek: Honeykitten! Honeykitten! I really need to pull my head out of my arse! DoTW has a honeykitten!?

14. Disciple of The Watch

Yes, that DOES sound a bit odd coming from this taken chick magnet, doesen't it? Well, I can assure you no matter how bizzare, strange or weird it may sound, it's damn real. We've been involved for a few weeks now... I just kept it under the radar because I was waiting to see how it would turn out -- and it's turning out great so far.

Funny story, that. I met her through a friend back in Adult's ed. I'm not one for actively seeking to forge new friendships, so she made the first few steps (a gal who does that reaps a jackpot of bonus points), we became good friends, started to hang out -- partys, activities, that kind of stuff.

When I was done with Adult's ed, I promised to keep in touch with her, and intended to keep my promise... until my phone fell into his own watery grave. The phone was done for, and the cheap replacement battery short-circuited and fried the whole phone, including the SIM, so I lost EVERYTHING in my phone book.

Ironically, I was chilling with my friend and housemate a few weeks ago at our favorite watering hole - as an added bonus there was a DM band playing on this perticular evening - and while I was ordering Jack & Coke for the three of us, I felt a poke on my shoulder. You can easily imagine how stunned I was when I recognized her. Interestingly, the band playing on that evening were her friends. Anyhoo, she joined the three of us, and we had a flat great time. And for the record... she wasn't pissed or anything of my overtly long silence when she heard what happened to my old phone. Anyway, we started hanging out once again.

I likely mentioned it before, but I'm completly oblivious when someone likes me -- it's like the whole universe would know it before I do. My housemate then pointed out the almost visible sparks flying, and I had long took a liking for her too, so with that being said, I asked her out (yes, on a date, which went spectacularely well), we had a great time, one thing led to another, and the rest, they say, is history.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, DotW, may I say, "even you?" ;)

Who would have thought. And especially so early.

It looks like I'll have to hold the standard of the Old Bachelors Club then.

16. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Nice, DotW. You were lucky to meet her again.

Good luck with the in-laws.

BTW, interesting choice of words... in-laws... after just few weeks. :p
    Perhaps soon congratulations will be in order?

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm still around too Chev lol.

Sooo after the bitter pill of rejection, I went out and got so wasted last night that I lost my ipod. I don't know how it happened. I have my wallet, all my money and my phone so I wasn't robbed. How the hell did I lose it?

Anyway, feeling like shi+ about losing the ipod has replaced feeling like shi+ about losing the girl. Ugh, talk about adding injury to insult.

18. Disciple of The Watch

You mean congratulations in terms of me and her getting married? Not gonna happen. Both of us are non-Xtians, so sorry 'bout your damn luck, in-laws (and my own parents), no religious marriage on the horizon. And do not get either (or both of us) started on spawning descendence... and if you do, better put on a flamesuit and prepare to be barbecued alive...

And Chev, yup, you're the King of the Mountain now. Make sure to keep an abundant supply of ice-cold caffeine.

And as for meeting the in-laws... it went very well. Too well. They invited us for dinner next Friday night, as a matter of fact. The first hour was stressing like hell... then we started discussing, and the pressure started going down from this point, and the rest of the evening slided along fairly smoothly.

According to my honeykitten, her old man has taken a liking to me. In her own words, there's just no way in hell he would have invited us back next Friday if he didn't liked me.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    :lol: Congrats bro! Congrats!

I can be the crazy uncle of your spawn if you'd ever get to that point. I better start learning to play banjo or kantele and get that flame suit. And grow a beard again, oh oh and get a cain! I already have a rocking chair :geezer: :D

When the old man takes a liking, you're getting chained bro...You're getting chained! And that ain't a bad thing at all. Cheers! :beer:

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Could you make asking any more tempting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.