1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm pretty sure there is absolutely nothing in the rules that in any way prevents women from coming in and ranting about their relationships too.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The power has shifted in favor of the Taken Chick Magnet. I'm having one serious boatload of headaches trying to decipher that chick. Seriously.

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well... there is the absurd ration of men to women on this site that does hamper things slightly :p

Headache DotW? Drink some chamomile tea!

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'd be tempted to say 'shut it, virgin', except I found the post quite funny. I'm just like that.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

o.0 Why would you use the word virgin as an insult? That doesn't seem very insulting, personally.

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Before this goes any further, stay on topic please.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    [Sorry Beren, I just want to reply to this]

I was just talking to that guy, insinuating that he's some kind of lothario by saying stuff like 'epic fail'. I was just saying I bet he's hardly Ron Jeremy himself. Not that being a virgin is a bad thing mate.

8. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

It's kinda that epic-fail yes. Like you couldn't get any if you wanted (because you suck at life)... Not a preferred insult of mine.

Things are going... well as they were going for me. Either they are going to break up soon or last quite a while. I don't see much in-between. Observers who don't have knowledge of the situation keep asking me if the girl is my girlfriend. Then once I say no they automatically aske why not... and that irritates me.

9. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Moderator directions to get from off-topic to on-topic are not something to be casually brushed aside and ignored. I hope this doesn't have to be revisited a second time. :deadhorse:

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You guys are in trouble :p

Anyway...I have a wonderful, loving relationship and getting married next year. Only thing is, my fella is sweet he's driving me insane and I can't stop flirting with somebody in the FAI!

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Silvery: In the FAI? Just tell that someone to stop. That person really should have the courtesy to put an end to it. Just my :2c:

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    i like it too much, he speaks finnish......makes me all tingly! lol

13. Saber

Erm, if you are serious enough with someone to get married, I am pretty sure that tingly finnish men should not be your concern. I would suggest not doing any major flirting, it could lead to bad things with your future spouse.

14. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I really have to chip in here: I haven't got a clue what Silvery is talking about, so don't blame me for anything.

This just as the resident, most-recognized Finn in FAI since Ara left.

15. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Is Felinoid from Finland?

I really should have refrained from chiming in because now I have to add something...

Oh, I resent the misogynistic comment from earlier, I love me some women (I had to say it like that) as very good friends on a platonic level as well.

16. Disciple of The Watch

I decided to play the "say nothing, cold shoulder" cerebral mindgame with the chick at work.

Result? She sparked up the discussion... eventually. Not sure if it's a positive or a negative. And she STILL helps me out with finishing my morning paperwork.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Mmmmk, this one will probably make less sense... and upon finishing it, it is long too.

As I think I have said earlier, the girl who I like, and her boyfriend(ish- I'll explain) are probably my two best friends on campus. Of course we were friends before they 'got together' so-to-speak, so we tend to hang out in a group of three... a lot.

In theory, this pretty much relegates me to a third wheel role, but in practice it doesn't. The guy doesn't really seem to acknowledge that they have something going on, and so he isn't too affectionate around her. So, I am not a third wheel.

The part that gets me all worked up, is that many times (4 and counting) other people see us and assume the girl is with me... which drives me crazy because I hate having to say no here. Also on several other occasions I've been asked if she is my girlfriend (when other guy is not around) and I always have to say no. Furthermore, several sources have asked me if I realize the girl likes me, which tends to irritate me even more; not in the least because we aren't a thing, but it keeps me hanging on hope.

So basically the case is that she apparently likes me, I really like her, she's (kinda) dating a guy who doesn't seem to thrilled about it, people always assume we are dating because we seem so much closer (in pretty much every way), and... it keeps me up at night.

Now for a kinda story to go on, rather than overview...

Tonight after playing some basketball we all went to a diner for some food and talk and stuff, and it just kinda put me over. She and the guy finally seem to show that they had something going on (kiss on cheek), but at the same time he wouldn't tell his friend that he couldn't do something because he was with his girlfriend... or even that he had a girlfriend. This just kinda tipped me off today; if I'm not with the girl I couldn't be happier if they were happy. The thing is though, he doesn't seem to realize or appreciate what a good thing he has, which drives me crazy. If I had something that special, I'd be on cloud nine all the time, I wouldn't hide it, and I hope I wouldn't waste a moment. Some blokes get all the luck and just don't understand how lucky they are, and how wonderful their girl is. That drives me crazy.

So after our trip to the diner, I was just stressed out, so I made an impulse decision. I called an old friend- who had just gotten off work (12:30 AM)- and kinda arranged an impromptu meeting. Nothing wrong here, except the reason I wanted to hang out with her is that I knew she had liked me. Also I kinda fancied her back in the day... but not more than another girl (who I had no chance with :rolleyes: ) so nothing had come about of that. But, it's really bothering that I kinda just called her up to meet. Sure we are friends, but I don't want to mislead her (which I think I did) into thinking that I was interested. She clearly still has feelings for me and I hate that I may have brought them back to the surface just so I could have... something? I don't know, I kinda used her for a self-esteem boost or something, and that really bothers me.

And now here I am up late at night because all of this and much more is rolling around in my head. And I have class in six hours.

EDIT: OK it happened again, another person asked if we were dating... AND there was also a case of one of the girl's friends coming up to us and saying, "Oh you must be [boyfriends name]." It seriously needs to stop.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  18. Disciple of The Watch

/epic clash between DotW and the Taken Chick Magnet
    /Taken Chick Magnet gets the upper hand, capitalizing on a mistake on DotW's part
    /Taken Chick Magnet stands tall over DotW, lifts the sledgehammer and gets ready to deliver the final sentence

THIS... IS... THE... END!

/delivers the killing blow

The epic power struggle is over. The Taken Chick Magnet has won.

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @DoTW: Same kind of vibes in here, bro. Same kind of vibes. :rolling:

20. Saber

Wait, DotW, what exactly does that mean? You're going for her or shunning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.