1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:

Likely. If you're really studying and you really want to see someone, you either find at least some time, or you come up with an offer of meeting some other time.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I ask hubby if he go hang around outside with me - I had a headache and the cold makes it go away. He said he would as soon as he posted a reply to a forum thread.

Six hours later, he tells me it's 'too dark' to go outside and we can go tomorrow. I won't have my effing headache tomorrow.

Oh, he's still working on his post.

3. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    So, my trainer at work has the hots for me, big-time, but there's issues there... so many that it amounts to subscriptions...
    Problem is, I kind of like him, too, despite the issues.
    Argh.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Bleh. I completely messed up yesterday night, and I'm pretty pissed off with myself. I think I find being single so comfortable that I subconsciously mess things up on purpose, even if I really her.

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Bleh aswell. So, there i was, sitting in my flat, having my party, everyone was tipsy, and yet i still hadnt said much more than a couple of comments to Alison, hadnt even made a move to sit beside her, and for some reason, i didnt notice this... Anyway, she ended up pulling some random at the club, while i STILL wasnt making an effort to talk to her (still dont know why). So, well, that sucked. Anyway, tonight, was at my fencing club christmas dinner, and was talking to this rather nice looking lady, getting on well, flirting alot etc... etc... Anyway, when we went to one of the guys flats, was talking to her more, then someone switched on the Mario Kart and then Halo 3, and i ended up playing them all night, instead of talking to the girl, didnt even notice when she left, and thus, i can qualify that i am infact a huge TOOL. Although, i was only wanting to get with her to make Alison jealous, but still, doesnt subtract from the fact im an idiot.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, I can hardly believe it myself, but it looks like I'm gonna be the one that brings no negativity to the table today...

Things are firmly going nowhere with my friend, and I'm actually perfectly fine with that.

I've also grown to enjoy singledom and all the perks it brings to the table. I'm not in a hurry to be in a new relationship - the freedom of singledom is a intoxicatingly sweet nectar.

Whatever happens, happens, though... life is a huge bag of surprises.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'm a silly, silly boy. I've got a great relationship, amazing girlfriend, so why am I doing the what-ifs?

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Because you are a silly, silly boy :p

Don't worry about it, just don't act on what-ifs, you will regret doing so! And keep them to yourself, certainly do not mention them to your girlfriend.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hells, she already knows the situation. She accepts it, and it's all good as long as I don't act on my crush.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Eep, well, since she already knows, make sure you reinforce the fact that you are her boyfriend. You don't want her getting unnecessarily jealous of a girl who you are not going to have anything to do with.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The ages old "grass is greener" syndrome.

If you really have such an amazing gf and great relationship, I'm gonna tell you but one thing: you better appreciate and be thankful for what you have.

12. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Good luck dealing with the situation. I think the relationship stuff is the single most difficult thing in life. However, we all like a good challenge, don't we? ;)

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

my first (and only) girlfriend and I were together for nearly 6 years. I've been single since August and things are starting to pick up. Maybe its the fact that they know I'm leaving the country at the end of the year but progress is happening at a much faster rate than I'm used to without any of the "so what are we/what is this" baggage that so often complements progress over here. Good stuff.

14. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Soooo...
    I'm in a serious, long-term relationship, yeah? We've been together more than three years, we have a two year old, and we live together. We're not married and never will be--he 'doesn't believe in it'--but that's not really my problem, just something worth mentioning. He's got a temper, a pretty bad one, and he over-reacts to everything in a fairly serious manner. I'll readily admit that I'm afraid of him at times.
    Well today, all day, he was furiously angry at me about something. I haven't the foggiest idea what it was, as he refused to tell me, but I'm rather of the opinion that it doesn't matter anymore. I'm actually sleeping on the couch so that he can pout, in the bedroom, about this mysterious thing that I've done that he refuses to talk about. I've been laying here thinking of it, and...well, I realized that I'm not terribly hurt or put-off by the idea of picking my things and my daughter up and leaving tomorrow, even if it means having to rely on my mother's graces for a couple of months while I get a better job--the only thing that I keep thinking is just how *bothersome* it will be to untangle everything. Is... that kinda sad? Maybe it is time to go?

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you're scared of your partner's temper, and he won't accept professional help in controlling it, then I'd consider going. Noone can tell you what to do, but I reckon you're thinking down the right track. It's not good for you to fear his temper, but also not a good environment for a 2 year old. Hope things turn out OK for you anyway, whatever you decide to do about it.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Since I've been sick I keep getting SMS (that is probably so because I reply :holy:) asking for my health etc. from a nice lady, good friend of my flatlass, who spent the weekend before the last weekend here on a visit. Apparently my flatlass tipped her off. Now isn't that nice of them?

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    DJ, nothing is worth subjecting yourself to dangers of a physical nature. Anyone can give you bad times in a relationship and pouting is not something that you will likely avoid. However, what you describe is more than pouting. Much more. I'm not a saint myself, but there's a difference between a quirky guy having his moods, and someone who will be aggressive and won't agree to seek help with it. It may be as simple as a stress disorder, or it may be something really serious. Without trying, you'll never know. If he doesn't want to try, then he doesn't care what his behaviour puts people through. That's not something you want from a guy.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    DJ,
    if he engages in pouting that's one thing. But if you're in fact afraid of his temper and by extension of him, then you should probably go, at least temporarily. The apparent estrangement suggests to me from reading that there has been a loss of trust on your part, and at least an unwillingness to communicate on his part. Good luck.

19. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There IS a fun combination of a lack of trust and a lack of communication. The problem is not just that I no longer trust him, but that he's always made it really obvious that he doesn't trust me (or anyone, he's not an exclusionist). It's one of those situations where I just accepted that he'd always look over my shoulder no matter what I did. But yeah, I've long worried that the way he overreacts is slowly leading up to some kind of physical violence; and it's been very obvious that he's willing to find the line between me accepting it and me leaving--speaking of physical violence--and toe it. I won't go into it. And no, he *talks* about getting help only as a way to stop me from telling him to get help--and only in reference to his rage problems with OTHER people. I guess it's just been coming, so to speak.
    Oh, and I still don't know what his problem is, but he's still only talking to me when he has to. My mom has said that she's more than willing to take us in until I get a better job... so I suppose tomorrow's the big talk.

20. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    As far as I'm concerned no trust equals no relationship. In my opinion you'd be smart to get the heck out of there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.