1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Anger is a normal reaction but do not let anger consume you. You should find comfort in the fact that you've learned a lot from this experience because for one to learn one has to get hurt. Suffering is a life changing lesson in itself. And the more you feel the more likely you are to suffer but you should take comfort in knowing that at least you feel something.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yes... just when she never sees it coming, her world falls apart, she breaks into a million tiny little pieces... I like your style, man. I would do the exact same thing to my former interest - I want to break her, I want to hurt her, I want her to suffer the pain, the agony... and I want to enjoy every single second of it.

3. Caradhras

Media:
    What goes around comes around, leave it to karma.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Who can say they've known pleasure without having known pain? Karma? Bring it, I give back as good as I take :evil:

I'm just an evil bastard.

5. Caradhras

Media:
    Good for you then. :)

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Am I the only one who gets the impression that DotW is, in reality, a meek computer nerd who lives with his parents and loves his job -- but online (you need to shift to a bass voice like that used for advertising monster truck rallies) he transforms into a dark, brooding hero, quick to cast his evil and sadistic gaze to those who would ... well ... piss him off.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You can have impulses and express yourself online in many manners that are simply implausible to do offline given certain restraints ;)

8. Caradhras

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Everyone creates an internet persona. DotW's mask is rather elaborate and extreme. So much so that it becomes rather entertaining once you get used to all the "rude, crude, cold-shouldered A-hole" bit.

Reading DotW's posts I actually picture him as a mix between this guy and this guy. So really, I don't need to know how he looks like irl.

Hiding behind an avatar helps whereas in real life you have to make do with the way you actually look. Don't get me wrong that's why I chose a Drow as my avatar! :p

Back on topic: being single sucks. It's not because you can pretty much do what you want without having to answer to anyone and keep the hours you want and drink too much if you want to... But really, over here being single means that you'll have to pay much more taxes than you would if you were married and had kids and I mean way more taxes. Freedom is not free my good friends! :mad:

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Or not . . .

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/album.php?albumid=10

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Nice to see what's important to you ;)
    I'm sure you could find some undemanding bride over the internet.

[Edited]
    DMC, wrong link:
    "Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well I can tell people are taking my tongue-in-cheek comments a bit too seriously...he's always so dark and I was (unsuccessfully) using satire to lighten the mood a bit.

dmc, the link doesn't work, but I've seen his album, sick stuff. But then again, I could find some really violent stuff and make an album, too.

12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I get 'Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator' when I click on the link...

Meh, I'm as complexed and shy about my appearance as the next one, but I don't think hiding behind an avatar really helps. My profile pictures can attest to that... :) I mean for better or worse, I'm me. Better to cope with it and make the best of it. And regarding potential relationship, It took me waaaay too long to figure out that confidence in one's self is a whole lot more important that appearance. Exept if you're the Elephant man, but you get my point... ;)

There were too many missed opportunities of women who would have been interested if I had made a move, but I kept saying to myself that they wouldn't be interested in me. As the saying goes ''Luck favors the bold''. Unless, again, that you're the Elephant man...

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Must be a private album because I can follow the link with no problem.

14. Caradhras

Media:
    For the record I didn't read more than that in your post. In fact I was trying to be funny as well (hence the links). Guess I failed.

Quite true. My own personal record is a living proof that looks aren't that important. Not that I can't look good in favourable circumstances but I'm not the type that gets a (sober) girl in bed without breaking a sweat.

@Rotku: any leads? :D

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Now I wish I had saved the images back from when it wasn't a private album. So much blackmail material! :lol: :shake:

Which reminds me, I live in the same province as DotW... :mommy:

16. Disciple of The Watch

I find this debate pretty funny. :shake:

Yes, it's a private album, and I like it that way.

This is no mask. What you see if what you get, I am what I say I am. The one difference I can think of is that IRL, I keep to myself (to the point where I was asked more than a couple of times by people I don't know whenever I was mute), so what's expressed here is, simply put, my mind.

You know what, this almost reminds me of Barms' "Opinions" thread...

Saber likes this.
  17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

That thread had the potential to be a great one...

Alas, it never reached its true destiny :grin:

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I dispute that.

19. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Went to a party, found the cutest non-taken girl, we hit it off real well... And her friend pretty much cock-blocked me.

Then I found out she was a junior in high school. From two hours away. I don't know what to think now haha.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Junior in high school? You're not in your 20s yet, that is still acceptable :p

And I hate cockblockers. I've been cockblocked in many odd ways before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.