1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
  2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Tri! That's hardly a flattering or appropriate question :nono:

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Ha, I wish... actually I don't :p

One of her majors is dance and she preformed tap and some ballet yesterday. Apparently she's pretty good at hip-hop dancing as well (won national contests with some friends of mine), but I don't care much for that.

4. Triactus

Media:
    Awww, I'm just yanking their chains... :)

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I laughed at it.

Reminds me of the song 'Centerfold' haha.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Humm, about an hour to decide which face I should wear for my date...

It's a small consolation that she must be as nervous as I might be.

Hmm, hmm. Self-confidence, check. Just have to be careful not to seem too arrogant. Witty? Why yes, let's try to make it so, but not too "ha-ha I'm so funny I'll kill myself by laughing at my jokes". Assertive? Eh, hardly makes the game interesting if I reveal my cards now does it? Let's hope she's not the kind of girl who likes to hold all the cards. I wouldn't mind, but when the shroud of mystery is unveiled, then there's very few things of interest in there...So perhaps a little mysterious, yes? That would be good, but not too secretive...If it's hard enough to get a grip, there shouldn't be too big secrets lying in there. (And that my friends, of course, was a double-entendre).

Ah! I do have to be careful not to appear too snooty and snobbish. Heavens forbid!

7. Triactus

Media:
    My advice is to make her laugh. Laughter is the key to the heart. If she does, your in her good books! :)

Oh, and don't forget a mint, always useful! :)

8. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

You'll get to the heart much faster with a scalpel and tongs, though.

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  9. Triactus

Media:
    Yeah, but that is too messy, and a turn off... :p

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

ARGH. Big dilemma. The best friend of the girl I am kind of (but not really) seeing (we aren't calling it dating because I don't want to be in a relationship, but basically we do everything people who date do, which I am not sure I want) wants to **** me so badly... and I want to as well, but that can only lead to a bad situation with the first girl.

I am in the period of my life where I need to experiment (or at least experience) some new things, and I really do want to hook up with multiple women; the girl I am kinda with would be perfect for me in like 1.5 years... but right now I need something different, but at the same time I don't. **** me.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The answer to your problem is simple -- take a page from the DotW book and take 'em both, triple threat style.

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @Saber: Think ahead. Flip a coin. A head? Yes please. Tails. Why, plural, indeed. Flip a coin. Take both, take all that you can get. No regret, no regret. :evil:

Or, the holier than thou option: curb your enthusiasm. Cull your desires. Abstain.

Or: Balance. The die, or coins, have been cast. Let nature work its path. Be on the centerfold, the calm at the eye of the storm. Make the world revolve around you. The storm shall come, but you are the calm. Do not pursue, but do not walk away. The game is on, the die is cast. Don't be the player, be the game. Let the huntress come to you. Then she might become the one who is ensnared.

:rolling:

Was this of any help? Probably not. Heh.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Saber: Think of it this way ... it's stupid to get married before you're 30, it's damn stupid to get married before you're 25 and really damn stupid to get married before your 20 (I fell into the last category). I don't think you're really damn stupid or even damn stupid, so you have six years to fool around -- if she hasn't forgiven you in six years she's not the right one.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh dear...tsk, tsk, tsk. Tut, tut, tut...

The symptoms seem to indicate that I may be in love :love:

Give me a pill, doc!

(And the doctor will say: There ain't no cure, there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure for love.)

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'd be glad to deliver a reality check should you need it, bro.

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Here's a quote that sums up how I feel* about being in a romantic relationship:

I'm tired of "compromise" being a woman's code for "do what I want"!

*sometimes. I am happily married and all but some days . . .

17. Triactus

Media:
    Sometimes, you just need to put up ground rules, like each deciding what to do for one evening : You decide what the both of you will do on tuesday, she decides for wednesday, etc.

Same with movies. A good compromise if both have different tastes is to take turns choosing a movie.

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Or just find something you both want to do. Or settle down and do separate things together. The number of times Kev and I settle down on the chairs/beanbags with our laptops, he sits reading his comics and I'll start typing away at something. Then we just chat when we think of something to say, just enjoying each others company and not forcing anything from one another.

I admit I have uttered the phrase "Stop reading those bloody comics and give me a cuddle!" a couple of times, but that's usually after he's read about a dozen and I've logged off for bed :p

Likewise he'll prod at me if he wants some attention or to head to bed, if one of us is tired we'll both stop what we're doing and settle down for the night.

We've never required the formality of each having our own day for activities, but I know some relationships that have benefitted from the arrangement, feels a little... forced to me though. Though I have never been one for rigidity and tend to be fairly fluid in my thoughts and what I like to do. Hopefully without the sacrifice to reliability!

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...this X-Mas looks like it's going to be the last one with Jessica...and it's going to suck! :cry:
    Ever since her 2 ER visits, she's been very distant. It's usually 1-2 weeks before I hear from her...and it's almost never a "Hey, I want to see you" conversation. :bad:

I had a chat with her tonight, and she refuses to let go of the past and embrace who I am now. I've worked my ass off for her, and she's given almost nothing back. The only reason I cleared my stuff out of the house and agreed to divorce, is because I truly love her...a lot. This is f***ing killing me. :sosad:

I don't want your pity replies, I just thought I'd update those who care.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Thanks for the update, man. No pity, just a manly slap on the back and a commiserative grunt!

ION, Samantha and I usually get along great, but moving at this time of the year, with me having to do end of session stuff and her so busy at work, is really straining us.

Kitrax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.