1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Huh? That's not how my friendships work. I don't even think about whether I am "better" than them or not.

Screwed up what?

2. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Lord Garak: Just tell her what you think and why you think that. That's all you can do, but that's enough.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The Thing with The Guy - I have a great fear that I blurted out something that will make him think very bad things about me.

4. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I dont think you can go wrong if you were honest and if he gives up then he aint worth your time...

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'd like to give more positive advice, but without knowing what you said Ara. can't really tell.

6. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ Ara I agreea with Bhaal, if he gives up then he aint worth your time.

@Chev Thanks for letting me know all that, I would tell her what's on my mind but I tend to be as subtle and kind as a nuke when I'm talking about someone I really don't like for various reasons (in this case, the moron). And I don't her mad at me, even though I wonder if she realises that even if the whole class gives her the cold shoulder I'll still be nice.
    PS:You're a fountain of wisdom.

7. Arabwel

Media:
    @Eng; I toöld him that I kissed a girl on a dare, and that I spent a night at a male friend's place, I am afraid that he misunderstood the decond to be more than me snagging a sympathetic spot on the couch, and the first... well, not sure about that one. *headdesk*

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Lord Garak: Sometimes a friend has to tell the truth, even knowing he's going to get a really cold shoulder. If not a friend, who will? My best buddy is gentle as ****. When I screw up, he sums it up, "chev, you gave ass." The only time he's got punched in the face has not been for that. ;)

@Ara: Most guys wouldn't mind the former. Many would mind the latter, although I'm not sure how many. No matter if it looks immediately good for you or not, the guy is going to learn many things from your past yet, so probably better now than later. There's a reason why I exaggerate my bad sides and not my good sides when introducing myself to a new girl...

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ah. for the first, as Chev said, most guys definitely wouldn't mind. I certainly wouldn't ;) and in fact have been the one who suggested the same dare to other friends :D

I agree with this. Don't worry about it Ara.

Although I myself don't practice the latter half of Chev's statement. Always try to put your best foot forward I say :)

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have a feeling I'm being played for the fool by my 3-year-old's mother.

Going back to what I think I said when I first returned recently about things going really well between us, she says she still loves me but her actions don't necessarily reflect that nor do some of her responses.

11. chevalier

Media:
    Aldazar, it looks a bit like she needs you more than she loves... Or maybe she loves but isn't in love. Or maybe she loves but is tired with the whole thing. Or, maybe, as you say yourself, you're being played for the fool. Rarely is such a hunch wrong. ;)

Recycled relationships we call hash-ups in Poland. Pragmatically speaking, there's a reason why the two of you aren't together anymore. Also pragmatically speaking, the two of you hooked up for some reason and know each other quite a lot already, so there is some initial capital. Generally, I have a rule never to try anything with a woman who has dumped me once. This said, I'm still blissfully happy from meeting a certain lady on whom I used to have a crush a year before going to university. Looking back in time, from the perspective of some acquired wisdom, I'm quite sure she had one on me, too, although it had never been pronounced. On either side. I suppose it might have died by now for her, but what's going to be is going to be.

[ July 29, 2005, 20:45: Message edited by: chevalier ]

12. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31

Don't you just hate when you got a crush on a girl and don't tell and at the same time she's got a crush on you and doesn't tell you and you find out about a couple of years later.

13. chevalier

Media:
    Depends. I would probably hate the fact such a great chance had been lost, if it were. But the relief of finally finding out would be more important than "losing" a couple of years. I suppose, in reality, it would be gaining rather than losing, as a couple of years is a great test for such things.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@chev: the 'problem' in this situation is that I'm still deeply in love with her (at least I think I am, I'm still not sure whether or not I trust my own feelings or even which part of my body is actually talking) and it's like no other woman could ever possibly mean as much to me as she does. And unfortunately she knows it.

@Lord Garak: I've been there myself, some 8 years ago I had a huge crush on a very attractive, slightly younger woman and only found out about 2 years ago that she had a crush on me as well...very frustrating.

15. Arabwel

Media:
    *grumble*

Wtf is me being "a handful" supposed to mean? If he doesn't like the way I look, he could bloody well say it directly without word games....

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Lord Garak & Aldazar

Does it make a difference? Shy guys never meet, so would had it made any difference if you had known? If the female can't take the initiative and show that she is interested, then why bother? If a male takes the risk, he quite likely only ends up to be the arse of some silly joke...

Beats me. My only guess that he might want to take a handful of your rear, but guess that can't be it if you don't look so good...

17. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31

You just insulted her.

18. chevalier

Media:
    Shhh... no need for such emotions. Come on, it's just life.

@Aldazar: Letting go of that crush was one of the biggest mistake I've made, it only took time to show. To be honest, it looks like the supposed tiny little crush has survived the test of time. Surprise... or not. I should have been more mindful. As for your girl... if she in any way uses to her advantage the knowledge that she means so much to you, then she probably means to you much more than she really should. Tough lesson, I know, haven't learnt it myself yet.

19. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

It means you're too much woman for him to handle, honey. You go, girl! :cool:

20. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sorry, just pointing out her lack of confidence. Bad pun intended. Anger teaches patience, no? ;)

/Me thinks she just translated "kourallinen" badly, which originally could be used in a phrase when... Well, when you fondle you-know-what in the lower backside of you-know-who. I was just guessing that the fellow had been giving some half-concealed suggestions and since you-know-who did not get the drift, she rejected him. :p

Speculation is so much fun. :square:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.