1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I really like it when women tell you you've done somthing wrong, dont tell you what it is, then let squirm in your own confused guilt and dont even explain why they are ignoring you... I think that would be the ONLY reason why I would want to be able to read their minds...

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe fraid I don't do this ;) I say something like "when you're ready to stop being weird and want to tell me what the prob is, I'll listen. But until then, I'm gonna grab a drink with the guys." Usually, before I leave the room she spills the beans :D

3. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Im gonna walk up to her and try it right now... ty...

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

goodluck slayer, it doesn't work for/on everybody though :/

but if you're in the right, give it a shot.

5. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

well that all got f***ed up, I wont go into the details but she doesnt wanna talk to me again, oh well, life goes on...

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    What's wrong with being single anyway?

7. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There's nothing wrong with being single, the problem comes when you're lonely or have your heart torn to shreds. It not being single thats the problem, its the way you become single that can cause complications.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Perhaps, but I know a lot of people that seem to be frustrated for lack of a boy/girlfriend, not because they suffer a terrible heartache. People ought to be satisfied with what they have.

Well, I'm not in love, so it's easy for me to speak.

9. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Well, its either heartache or sexual frustration that makes some people dislike being single. Some people don't fool around unless they're going out with someone, so if they're single then they don't get any which would explain them not liking being single.

Oh, and my friend came up with a good saying which I find rather true. "Love is but a word until it is experienced." Its hard to relate or understand unless its been experienced. I bring this up as many young people can't relate to it. Granted love is a word thats thrown around way too much, but still.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, there are people who do that even when they aren't single. I have had to dump girls I really liked, for flirting with other guys. That would explain why I'm so tense on it. It breaks my heart and shoots my self-esteem down when I see a date or girlfriend flirting with another guy.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

very true.

12. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Right, its been 3 days now since shes said one word to me, you'd think I'd hold up? IM GOIN OUT OF MY MIND, Im really struggling to keep my sanity together, omfg this is impossible to solve...

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

when they're in stages like that, they'll just tell you when they "feel you're ready". don't bother trying to understand em, just wait it out :rolleyes:

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Wait and minimize the worrying, Slayer.

A hug for everyone that's suffering because of love. :)

Oh, and Enagios, there are a lot more reasons for disliking singledom imho.

People can just miss the being together, the belonging to someone, being special for someone, the intimicacy.

They can feel excluded because all their friends have bf/gf (bit sad, but anyway, it happens).

They can think (or such a thought can be imposed on them by their peers) they're no one when they don't have anyone special. Bit highschoolish.

They can miss the excitement, the drama and joy that a relationship provides...

15. chevalier

Media:
    Perhaps I should add something to what Uytuun said above. Something is missing if you don't have that special person. But something is also missing if you have a relationship for its own sake or one that relies only on physical things. There's no real intimacy in that - it only sets you apart from that person spiritually and apart from your very own self, in a way. Find the balance: relationships are meant to bring you closer to perfection. If they push you in the opposite direction, they aren't good. There are many women and many men in the world, but you are one. Stick to your beliefs and to your dreams, this is all advice I can give you.

16. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

And wise words indeed chev, thank you and all for your support to me and the others in need of a shoulder to lean on.

I am starting to feel better, at long last a more noticably than before, after two months now. There is also someone else who has caught my eye, I intend to learn a bit about her and most likely go for her. Just thought I'd let ya guys know and keep you updated. :)

17. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Good to know things are picking up Rolsuk...

It finally happened, today she spoke to me, it took a very painful week but I think we've put our differences behind us, all I have to do now is play it by her book so that it doesnt happen again...

18. chevalier

Media:
    How about playing it by your book instead of her book? If you can't be yourself, it's never going to work. My experience shows it's better to stay yourself and get dumped than to fit in her mold at all costs.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Damn right Chev. Of course you gotta compromise once in a while, but not EVERYTIME.

@slayer

check out this song: "This is my world" by Darius Rucker. Should be every guy's anthem ;) :p

20. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    (Well, someone asked for this thread to be revived, so here i go)

What is it with Women? They tell you one thing, then few days later tell you the complete opposite?

For a few weeks now ive been chasing this girl, things were going well, and at the pub i was doing well, we were having a laugh, and she was sitting comfortably with my arm around her, 2 weeks later when in the pub with other mates, the friend who introduced me to her comes in and after a few drinks tells my other mate that the girl really liked me and told him to keep it secret. My mate, being the friend that he is, told me te secret. So now when i was on the phone to the friend that introduced me, we were talking and she asks me, do you fancy her (her as in the girl i was chasing) so i say, yeh i like her. Later in the conversation she mentions that the girl was probably seeing her "friend" Simon this weekend, and the way she said it implyed "boyfriend", so why lead me on if she knew the girl was taken!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.