1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romance for us Gals?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tayja, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Stormy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

well if any of you gals think anomen sux you can mail me for some digital 1on1 romancing =)

bozidar.dragan@zd.tel.hr

anyone?

btw, i dont understand how could they put on such a pompous ass (myself not included) to be the only possible romancing option for girlz. (see, this shows i care for the prettier gaming population =)

edwin would be much better choice. swoops you off yer feet with his sarcasm. lol.

2. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the suggested mods.

Personally, I'm not really interested in pretending to be male, just so I could romance a female npc. (Although the tech variation was funny, I'll grant.) In that case I would have just played a male pc. Although I see now that girl-with-girl was the pre-destined reply for my inquiry. -sigh- Sometimes you boys are so predictable.

I also didn't choose Anomen because I'm already a mighty fine paladin in my own right. Who wants a guy whose butt you could kick in his chosen profession? If a *real* paladin becomes available, that would be great.

Now a Minsc romance, that would be something. Boo "leaving no crevice untouched" takes on new dimensions.

And for attitude I kinda miss the mage from BG1, the one with the Moonblade. What was his name? I could just hear his pessimistic rantings on love.

Thanks for the lively suggestions. Although isn't it sad that a good man is hard to find even in our imaginations?

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The Elf, I believe, is Xan

4. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Between Kelsey and Solaufein, you have two very different choices available, both of whom seem to satisfy a large (although often different) population of player. Give them a shot!

5. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hmm, I agree it is unfair that as a female char you only can get Anomen (not gonna comment on mods) - I mean there are 10 male NPC's, iirc and only one for romancing, there are 6 female NPC's and 3 of them are for romancing. Doesn't seem to be a healthy balance.
    Hmm, however which of the existing male NPC's would be worthy of a romance?
    I think you can discount Jan, Yoshimo, Korgan, Keldorn, Minsc (hehe, minsc and boo and you...).
    Cernd? Don't think so, he's a soft treehugger.
    Edwin? Hehe, cannot imagine...
    I understand that haer'dalis was intended as 2nd male romance, but then I ask is he really better than anomen? Sparrow?? Raven?? I mean, be serious...
    I would like to hear female population opinion on Valygar. I think that he is somewhat undeveloped NPC, but he could be an interesting personality you know. A candidate for romance? What do you think?

6. Malavon's distraught lover Gems: 1/31

omg, there's a Solaufien romance?!?! I'd do him any day, but thats because I'm a pervert that loves drow--- not a good combo. Has anyone tried that romance? Is it any good?
    Anomen, well I sort of feel sorry for him; he's pretty messed up if you think about; but no way I'm I having a romance with him...
    Haer'Dalis is annoying; I had him in my party once...for 5 minutes...

Wait..whats wrong with Edwin? That would be very interesting..

[ January 08, 2003, 07:43: Message edited by: Malavon's distraught lover ]

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Romance Valygar?! :love: In a heartbeat! Nothing like the challenge of reforming a complete cynic...

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I wonder, why would Yoshimo be out? It could make an interesting plot twist when he betrays the party (maybe if female PC played her cards right he would betray Irenicus for her, resulting in either tragic death or a quest to cure his geas).

9. Dark Shadow Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] About the girdle of "gender-bender", it can actually work, on yourself of course.

I started and played through BG1 as a female ranger, got the girdle and while wearing it exported by character and imported her into BG2. As I'm wearing the girdle the game accepts the character as male, allowing her to romance Aerie, Virconia, etc. And dueing the first scene where Irenicus is experimenting on your, you invontary is removed along with the girdle causing you to become female again.

True it is a bit involved but it is at least legit. And now back to Aerie! :cool:

10. darienphoenix Gems: 1/31

"Now a Minsc romance, that would be something. Boo "leaving no crevice untouched" takes on new dimensions."

Now there's something I never wanted to think about.

As for the romances, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but you could always try Chloe. :cool:

And I agree with everyone who thinks Anomen is a pompous **** who deserves to have his head hacked off with Neb's nasty cutter. There, I said it. ;)

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't know how long Chloe has been out, but maybe the reason no one has mentioned it is that it might not have been available when this thread was active. Prior to Dark Shadow's post, the last post in this thread was from over a year ago.

12. icelus Gems: 6/31

For you ladies who are looking to romance someone new, there are four mods I think you should monitor:

1) Cailean (CG Half-Elf Archer) - http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?board=18.0

2) Aklon (LN Human Monk) - http://forums.camagna.net/index.php?showforum=10

3) Valygar Romantique (the Valygar Romance mod, currently in BETA stage) - http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?showforum=93

4) Tsujatha Melalor (NE Elf Necromancer) - http://chosenofmystra.db-forge.com/mystra_forum/viewforum.php?f=50

13. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Why are they making ANOTHER Valygar romance? Maybe it's just new or not popular enough to get attention but the Tourtured Souls Mod feature is no particular order.

New NPC's
    Yoshimo, Kachiko Romance
    PC, Sime Romance
    PC, Valygar romance
    Some new areas recycled from other D&D games

It features quite a bit, but it's non-weidu and also I've only tried the Sime part of the mod from begining to end so far, that at least was rushed towards the end of SoA, but overall it was good

14. icelus Gems: 6/31

Corthala Romantique is basically the extraction of the Valygar Romance from Tortured Souls, with a lot of new content.

Many gamers are leery of these large, file-overriding mods such as TS. They are notorious for causing problems.

15. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Haer'Dalis as a second romance sounds good to me. After all he's at least got Poetry, Anomen's just got his ego.

I found Kelsey a good romance. Soulafein was interesting, but I didn't feel like drawing out the game waiting for it to finish.

16. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] I think your only option is the tight-assed, annoying Anomen. Try Kelsey, but I didn't like the guy at all when I installed it. Besides, it's better than romancing a moron like Anomen. Furthermore, you are a paladin, just his type. If you switch off all dialogue option and change the portrait, perhaps...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.