1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Register, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

350 hours clocked at LAN, so yeah, I've played it. Any general gun-nut and person with combat or military experience will support my claim that it's not even close to realistic, it's more of a Hollywood-esque version of realistic.

Then I convinced the gang to play Call of Duty: United Offensive instead.

I got half the ram but a bit better processor, but the same VRAM capacity. I think you can play at a bit above mid levels, possibly even high levels, of performance. However, unless you got a Direct X 10 card, I would reccomend disabling Dynamic Shaders and Object Shaders, limiting yourself to Static Shaders. It's not as pretty, but you get rid of a lot of FPS slowdowns that way.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  3. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Red Orchestra > Counter Strike

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I've made up my mind. I'm going to get it.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  6. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I got the game. Where do you find a (sniper) rifle? So far I've only got a pistol and a knife, and there seems to be some sort of guarded base near where you start the game, and with that pistol I even have trouble killing just one guard.

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Early game is hard, but Wolf in the rookie camp gives you a mission where you'll recieve a sawed-off shotgun, which will be helpful enough for you to sneak up to someone and blast his brains out.

Besides, those troopers are hard, don't go there. ;)

8. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I have the game, its pretty awesome, at the moment I have a scoped upgraded AK and its a beast!...I stopped playing for a few days and forgot what I was supposed to be doing though, so now I'm miles away from the place where I get story missions lol :p

Just as a benchmark, it might help people to know it runs on my GeForce 6600 256Mb on high settings, not perfectly I'll admit, but with a bit of tweaking you can improve things...who needs shadows? :D

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I have the game, and it's goooooooooooood. :D

I love fighting the Mercs cause you get the best wepons from them. Their rifles are the best in the game so far. I can kill zombies in about 3 shots with it, and thats impresive.

Least favourate part of the game: The X18 mission

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.