1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sad Day

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I forgot Shura! He should come back too! And Duskai, there were a lot of characters back then...

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Shura was ace.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Eh? Wow! I'm here and still missed! Not bad... :lol:

We really need some good new games to talk about around here. Rehashing of the same stuff over and over is tiresome; I'm not surprised many people who came for the game discussions didn't stay for what came after.

4. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I wuv you BTA

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Go on, you're making me blush! Tee hee!

So does Rastor apparently ;)

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And whatever happened to Harbourboy? Seems like he hasn't posted in over 5 minutes.

:p

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Sir Bel

the glory of the internet :rolleyes:

but at least with a name like "Enagonios" you can be fairly sure that I'm a guy, not many girls would use such a geeky sounding name :rolleyes: :p

Yeah, it was always (at the very least) entertaining whenever Shura got into it with some other person ;)

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

BTA: Hell yes - I haven't felt the urge to talk about any SP covered games for a long time, and the SP covered games coming out all look horribly uninspiring (well, Dragon Age may or may not be good - but everything else is gonna be bleh).

Archive all the dead game forums and let's get some fresh circulation :p (Problem being, of course, that there are no decent games being developed ... bleh)

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yeah, perhaps some new game coverage is what we need? U certainly wouldn't mind talking about the KotOR series. Or Fallout1 which I'm starting soon for that matter :p

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I think we have quite a lot of Star Wars fans here and, after all, the KotOR series is D&D and BioWare/Obsidian and great games. :)

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hmm, I've been here quite a while, but I'm certainly not 'Old Guard'. Like Mesmero, I've only been a sporadic poster. I can remember some of the olders guys and gals who've left.

Still, I'm strange because the 'golden age' was the period I disappeared (and, of course, no-one noticed- I was only a lurker).

Ladies and Gents, a toast.

To the Old Guard!

EDIT: SIr Bel, when did you change your avatar from the bald dude?

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I was originally the Kresselack avatar from IWD, then I shifted to the Blonde haired paladin looking guy from NWN, then to the bald, beaten up looking guy from NWN, to the avatar I have now: The paladin's sword and shield.

I switched whenever Tal added new avatars to the list. I wanted a dragon avatar, but Tal, true to his dragon heritage, is hoarding them! ;) :p :grin: :spin: :roll: :lol: :eek: :rolleyes:

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, about me...
    I used to post more often when I still lived in my moms house. Now she is remarried and I live in a house that is a 100 years old with 4 other people.
    I don't have internet there and don't think I will get that any time soon. All contracts that can be made with the providers are at least for 1 year and at the time, I'm not sure if I can live at this place for a year. My houseboss is trying to sell the place, but has no succes sofar because of the 'neighbourhood' (people right next to us are rather... odd).

So the only times are when I visit my mom and that (being on the net) is only brief, since I do not visit my mom just for the internet. I'm trying to be that social being that people call human.
    I do have internet at my work, but don't have too much time to post, because I have Mentally Disabled people to attend to. But when I have to sleep over, like now, I can post a litle, but usually am quite tired and have to get up early again.

Also, I hardly ever play any computergames anymore, so these boards I don't visit too often.
    I don't have enough time to get involved into discussions like the ones in the AoDA or the AoLS.
    My favorites are SS and the Sensorium, as always have been.
    That's pretty much it.
    I hope I can spend more time on the boards again when I have my own internetaccount, and that won't be soon.
    And I hardly ever visited the FAI. I have some nice memories of when I did, however.
    Enough about me.

I miss quite a few people, especially Headbanger and Mathetais. But since I never got too much involved of the affairs of the Old Guard (Sir Bel's list), I only know their names, but am not too closely related to them. Which is the pity, of course. People that I have best relations with are still here, I see.

Yet I sense that since the Old Guard has almost gone, the 'mood' or 'feeling' here has a bit shifted. The feeling that other, older members would now call Nostalgia.
    I don't know if I'm correct, but it appears to me that this Old Guard was more close to each other then the majority of The New Weave is now.
    The pranks and the closeness seems a bit vaguer now.
    But I hope I'm just wrong about that and probably am, seeing my own activity here on the BoM.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hey but I remember you when you were called Chevalier des trois tours, and I Dungeon Master

Even though I was young I miss some folk

Kitiara
    Mathetais
    Veldrin
    Mollusken
    Shralp
    Extremist
    Avarahtar
    .... And I miss the Elven Tal, Meh you'll always be an elf to me Taluntain

I'm old? ME? EHh????

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    The other thing to remember is for the most part, BG and the other infinity engine games brought us together. BG's like 6-7 years old now, and we've talked about it a lot.

Many of the old jokes came from those old games, and there really hasn't been a mind blowing new game to create buzz. NWN did a little, and a few of us "met" in ALFA...But that's about it.

Plus, everything was fairly new. I remember when the FAI chat went live for the first time. I also remember when the boards had like 5 areas. Things have changed.

I still like stopping by though... ;)

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ofelix is Dungeon Master?

I can remember Tal's elfy avatar too. WHen I came back from my long leave of abscence, his new dragon confused me.

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Was, Daie, was I was kind of sick of it so I changed to Ofelix ;)

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ho ho ho. Took me 6 days to spot and reply to that one.

19. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Aye, t'was the good old days. I miss the lads - the scary Extremist, the wise Nobleman and his older incarnation Archangel, the omniscient the god, the crazy Septic....

All gone now :outta:

What are they doing out there in RL?

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Er, as I remember, Nobleman was Nobleman before he was Archangel - and then changed it back because someone kept calling him Nobleangel ... or something. Long time ago :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.