1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Same old nick

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by kuemper, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I used to be Morsmordre until I decided it was a crap name, so changed to BarmyArmy, which is much better.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] always been 8people :D

Always will be ;)

It's quite important to me :)

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Someone else has the original Sarevok nick, so I have to put a dumb circle thingie after mine, I'm waiting for Tal to remove his account, since he only has 39 posts, and 4 years of inactivity :D
    It's taken me a while to get used to some of the nick and avatar changes here.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Changed it twice, until Tal asked me to stop changing names. :D

5. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Sarevok, I think that dot is cool!

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I've been Sir_Bel since day one - My first DnD character name.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    As Felinoid said, my PDN used to be chevalier des Trois-Tours, although my original login name has always been chevalier. I dropped the latter part because it was just asking for typos and it was too hard on people to type when talking to me, as well. ;)

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I just notice how frequently nicks get changed as of late. Maybe there's something in the water? :hmm: Mine's been kuemper on the DnD/BG boards, though my nom de plume for internet writing is Dancer.

9. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Nope, I don't think I've ever changed my nickname. ;)

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just for the record, this is what I send to people who change their names more than once:

"Hello.

I've noticed that you've changed your publicly displayed named recently. Please note that the ability to change your name is there to be used maybe once after the initial registration (in case you've messed something up there), and at best once again after that. It is NOT there so that you can change it whenever you feel like it.

Changing your name is an annoyance to everyone around you, because it confuses people when someone changes their name in mid-post, references to their previous name in threads become obsolete and confusing to everyone who's not aware that they've had a different handle previously, and so on.

So please think carefully, pick a name you'll be happy with and stick with it. Thank you."

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

That sounds strangely familiar. :D

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    If I was asked to choose a nickname now, I would take something else than Morgoth, something less evilish.
    But I have gotten attached to it now, and I'll never change it :)

@Tal
    I remember getting one with the stop-using-the-bloody-coffee-smilie-as-signature!! request :D
    Just checked, and I don't have it anymore, too bad (feeling a little bit nostalgic)

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...way back in time, when I first joined the BoM, my username was 'buzz142010', which at the time was my preferred nick...I changed it to 'Kitrax' about a week later. Ever since 'Kitrax' has been the only nick I've ever used on any message board. :rolling:

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I changed from Saber the Arsonist to just Saber, mostly because I prefer the single part, and I think when I registered, someone already had Saber. In any case, It's only been once, and it will only ever be once (Saber is my favorite name.)

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I was Dungeon Master for about a year and half and then I changed it to Ofelix, because I was sick of people calling me DM and it was confusoing because Death Mage was also called DM. But I won't change it I love Ofelix Too much...

@Chevalier; I always though Chevalier des trois tours was a nice name, never had problem with it either ;)

16. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

When I first registered it was Loviatar, but upon my first appearance in the FAI I found out Loviatar is a female goddess, not a male god as I had thought (boy was that embarrassing). I then changed it to Eldular a few hours later, hoping no one had noticed :rolleyes: . Don't plan on changing it for obvious reasons.

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Rastor's nick has been the same since he registered (well before most people around today it seems) although the tagline has changed once.

18. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Haven't been here long enough to change my nick!

Just happened to be the name of my current char in BG2.

19. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have always thought I should change my nick... It seems sorta pretentious...

"Thinker"...?

What the hell does that mean? Who doesn't think? Oh well...

Not sure what I would change it to...

Plus, how would people recognize the new nick was me?

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@LNT:
    Not at all. I too used to be a late-night thinker (until I ran out of pleasant subjects), and it's a good way to describe someone who ponders the wonders and blunders of the universe when by all rights you ought to be sleeping. :happy:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.