1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Scariest movie...?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Lantus, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Sorry just had to do that :p

10 points for the one guessing the book! (maybe we should make a 'Guess the book' game).

I liked the Ringu as well, the Exorcist had me lauging outright, so shrap that as scary, and there was that Michael Jackson movie that scared the hell out of me, maybe because I was a young boy when I watched it :lol:

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:p I have YET to be scared by movies like that, instead, please offer your scariest offer to get me to a movie that will scare the crap out of me. It's gotta be a non-supernatural one as those bore me though. I think the closest one was "Willard" but that was more of disgust than fear. Rats. I HATE rats.

[ December 03, 2004, 23:58: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I live near a small park. Every time I pass the trees I can hear and see the evil Von Trapp children in their horendous 'curtain-clothing', hanging from the branches, singing their wicked song!
    I should never have been watching The Sound of Music...

I never watched many movies, but I liked the way What Lies Beneath was filmed. I have litle to compare with, though.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    @Enagonios... it may not scare you, but Cube will leave you feeling creeped out, and pretty confused. I think it really leaves you with a slightly icky feeling. Best offering I can think of. ;)

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

"What lies beneath". Damn, that movie is scary :D

6. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

The Omen really creeped me out when I was a kid, as did The Exorcist. Let's add Prince of Darkness to that list, too.

As for recent stuff, I'll have to go with The Ring (though I've only seen the Hollywood version).

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Probably Bodysnatchers, I watched it alone when I was a little nipper. Scared the ****e out of me.

8. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Arachniphobia really freaked me out when I was a kid. Of course, it was dark, and a spider crawled on my foot at just the perfect moment. I'm still surprised I didn't dent the ceiling.

9. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

The movies that have left me with the creeps after leaving the theater or turning off the TV have all been listed:
    The Ring, Event Horizon, Candyman, and Prince of Darkness. As silly as it sounds, I had a hard time standing in front of a mirror for a while after watching Candyman. Event Horizon and the Ring actually gave me goosebumps, and I don't know what it was about Prince of Darkness (perhaps it was Alice Cooper just looking like he normally does :D ), but whenever I think about that movie I get creeped out. Haven't talked to many people who've actually seen that one. There was a movie called The Incubus (not the one with William Shatner) that I saw when I was pretty young that creeped me out.
    The Grudge looks like it might be a good creepy flick.

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I second Event Horizon... it just gets too wierd towads the end, but...

Steven Kings "IT" is my worst (or best, depending on how you wish to look at it)

Clowns are just WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!

aarrrrgggGGGGGGGHHHHHHhhhH!!!!!!!!

11. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

The only movie that ever scared me was The St. Francisville Experiment.

I make a habit out of watching scary movies at about midnight with the lights off and this is the only one that I actually got up to turn the lights on for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  12. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I'll have to join the throng and say Ringu. I've been watching horrors all my life and haven't really been scared by a film in a long time. And then I saw the ring - and then tried to go to sleep in the same room as the TV I saw it on :aaa: That was freaky...

The only other contender is candyman - not so much scary but definitely got under my skin. I never did stand in the dark in front of a mirror and say candyman five times. I reckon, why risk it?

13. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Not sure, really. I'd probably go for Blair Witch.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I have never seen the Ring so can't really say abything about it...

The one movie that s cared me iinto closing my eyes and ducking my head when seeing it in the theatre was Ameriican Werewoldf in Paris - but I was all of 11 at that time, so I guess that if i saw it agaibn I'd be layughing my parts off...

But THE scary movie for me is... The Warlock. it is cheesy, it is old, but Julian Sands' performance is brilliant and sends shivers down my spine every time I see it.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh yeah, I agree with those who have mentioned Candyman. Crappy movie but I've never dared to say Candyman in front of a mirror five times.......

16. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Freddy Got Fingered: If you see it, you'll know why...

17. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    :lol:

That film was damned freaky! I know exactly what you mean. It takes bad taste to the extreme. Especially the bits with the horse and elephant.

18. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Slayer of the coast, I agree with you!!! Clowns are a no-no for me! I see one, i run over one! :)

19. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well personally I try to stay away from scary movies altogether, i'm really wimpy, but I went and saw The Grudge the other day with my some friends and it scared the SH*T out of me, I didn't even watch it all, in the end I looked away every time a scary bit came on. My friends all laughed at me. :mad:

20. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Yes, your friends! :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.