1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

School Sucks

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Eze, I am not BSing you when I say this, but while I was in school I HATED everything to do with needles, knitting and such. I hated it with a passion. I hated it more than I hated anything else. But now, a few years later, I have realized that I LIKE sewing. Heck, I even knitted a bit some time ago. I have sewn all sorts of little thing, and am plannigng a big costume project in the future... and guess why I like it? Because no one is forcing me to. And I could not have done, say, my costume for the last RopeCon or the huge floor pillow I have in my room if not for the basic skills they forced down my throat at school.

I also remember hating learning grammar and not learning it. I repeatedly asked why we ad to learn it, and I was told that when I'd learn foreign languages, I'd need it. But I just shrugged it off. Well, when I tried learning Latin... I didn't understand a thing because all the forms of grammar were alien to me. I could not diffrentiate between the names for suffixes, and I was lost. So that's not useless, either.

Classical music is the base of all music. Mozart was a genius. If it galls you to learn of it as music, think of it as history.

Damn, I am ranting....

(Oh, a conspiracy, I see... don't make mw get the chains out...)

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ahah. Well, I got an A- on my sewing thingy in school. Wow.

BTW, I hate history too. Learning about Laozi and China was fun, but Greece. Stupid sexists. LoL.

3. Arabwel

Media:
    Hey, the Greeks were VERY important to our civilization, and theirhistory was interesting! Besides, the Middle Ages rock :p

(Elrond, please put your clothes back on)

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Why? :confused: I don't think that ancient Greeks were more sexists than any other ancient culture.

[ March 14, 2003, 18:26: Message edited by: BOC ]

5. Eze Gems: 24/31

Oops. Oh well. It's just were taking Greek history. Alex the Big is such an interesting guy.
    *sarcasm*

6. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I think I need to start doing my homework again. Ever since I registered here at sp I have been doing more posting than homework, my grades are slipping, my teachers and parents are upset with me... So I think I'll have to limit my time on sp to around 45 minutes per day so that I can actually do my homework and get good grades. This weekend I have to memorize a bunch of stuff for my English and Drama classes. I have to do a monalouge for Drama and a part of "Romeo and Juliet" for English when Monday comes around. It's so hard to actually find time to play games anymore. And It's going to get even more that way soon because I'm going to be getting a cell phone, a car, a job, and hopefully even a girlfriend.
    Note: I am amazed if anyone has actually read this WHOLE thing. Kind of a bunch of nonsense maybe. oh well :eek:

7. Arabwel

Media:
    My dear Kovalis, at one time of my life, I styarted skipping schooldays for SP. And I didn't consider my priorities screwed. Sanity first, school second. :)

(Who, me, weird?)

8. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This is directed at no one in particular. If you or anyone you know is having great difficulty in school, you may have dyslexia, ADD or some other learning disorder. It is nothing to be ashamed of because it's in the way your brain is wired rather than a lack of intelligence. See a professional. It might save you or someone you care for a lot of grief.

9. Ex-Paladine Banned

[​IMG] I am getting sick becouse of school and exams.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    My difficulties in dchool are related to being TOO bloody bright and bipolar... :rolleyes:

(it's not fun having elves in the house... the shampoo bills!)

11. Eze Gems: 24/31

Well, the teaches say that I am too protesting and not willin to let them place their oh-so-holy arses on my head.

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hate history? :aaa:

Well it probably was my teacher, he talked with such power that it felt like you were there.
    Alexander the Great, Atilla the Hun, Great Genghis Khan, Rommel.. *sigh* makes me go back to school :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.