1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Settlers!!!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mollusken, Sep 18, 2000.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Why does everybody have to constantly piss you off? Because they have the freedom of speech too.

Taluntain: If your tired of our bickering, just tell us to knock it off. That goes for Nazgul and Moonbow as well.

And the language? I had assumed that this message board had some kind of language code, things you just did not write. That is why I put in my own little goofy editing thing.

I could go on and be nasty, but I'll stop there.

2. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

But your right, I do have Fat Egg syndrome!!!

And yes, I would be pissed if someone said that any of the D&D games sucked. (I'm playing Vampire right now, with some of my friends).

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I hear what you're saying about D&D. In all honesty 1st and 2nd ed. had a lot of problems. The systems, by today standard, are all screwed up. But that's the point - by today standards. In 1980 there really wasn't anything else to play. Thus D&D was the first RPG I played. I think this a a true fact for most role-players. Due to this fact D&D, even with all it's problems, has a special place in my heart. I think 3rd ed. fixed a lot of problems but still there are better gaming systems out today. I'm more into GURPS and shadowRun today but still don't go saying crap about my D&D or I'll stab you with those plastic die, that had to write the number on with a crane and which changed color in the freezer, I still have from the first boxed set. :)

4. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

On the subject of RTS, in terms of pure fun Warcraft II was the best. I played it an older couple's house and soon had them quoting the peasants going around complaining "Mo wohk?" heh heh. Great game.

Starcraft was awesome as well. The storyline is actually compelling. Amazing for that genre.

5. kasio Gems: 7/31

Hey, hey I dont hear you mentioning 2 BEST and MOST ADDICTIVE GAMES EVER!
    Of course:
    1. Heroes of Might and Magic 3
    2. Jagged Alliance 2

As for the best game to play over mutiplayer ofcourse it is Command & Conquer. (Original, not sequels)

Well Heroes of Might and Magic 2 will also do, Jagged Alliance was also good, especially the lack of ability to save game during the combat. You was pushed to think of your strategy, not to reload every time you re hit and hope that next time your opponont misses. Of course it is up to player to use the save game cheat or not, but i personally like it to be mandatory.

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 18, 2001).]

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Who are the to resurrect such old posts? BTW: Settlers 4 sucks oh so hard. I have become totally addicted to Starcraft lately. Soon completed all campaign, both normal and Broodwar.

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If I wish to resurrect old posts that is MY PREROGATIVE!!! **ROAR**

Jagged Alliance was pretty cool, but there was something that turned me off to it... I forget exactly what. yeah yeah shuddup I'm not really that old, it just feels like it this morning.

HoMM is a good game; I'm somewhat biased toward turn-based actually.

8. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"If you want awesome graphics check out AoE 2, and if you have a powerhouse of a computer you could check out Dark Reign 2." by Fat Egg

What is deemed a "powerhouse" of a computer?

9. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I do apologise on behalf of everyone on the Sorcerers Place UBB for not being a positive front for the revolution that is Black and White.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.