1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Small Happinesses

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rallymama, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

So I live in a college suite with 7 other guys right? I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I hear a guitar. Well that's no rare occurance in my suite, but the guitar isn't coming from the other rooms, it's coming from behind me in a bathroom stall! :eek:

My suitemate was making a deposit (Big B slang for taking a dump) and strumming on his guitar at the same time.

Priceless! :lol:

2. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My new endocrinologist asked if there was a mistake on the "date of birth" field on my medical history forms, since apparently I didn't look 22 to him much less 30. :D I didn't kiss him. But I considered it.

3. Mortensen Banned

Seeing the earlier post by Vermillion. :love: I love the little gestures and things to show you are appreciated

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Doing a puzzle with my son.

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I carried some 18-yr-old kid out of a concert hall - he had gotten his knee broken by some big dipwad. Anyways, after he thanked me (a complete stranger) I felt pretty good - It feels good to help out a complete stranger sometimes.

6. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

I'm on summer vacations!

7. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My son had his first birthday this month.I cant tell you all how much this little guy makes my life better everyday.

8. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

calling my girlfriend! (she's living 200 km from me that's huge in dutch standards!)

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I bought my bro the perfect birthday present:

a kung-fu hamster.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Something that went right? I got a friend to copy a CD for me. erm. I know! I got to play B&W again :)

It was broken (on my friends PC) I fixed it by kicking the CPU and shouting "Work goddamn you!" And it works!!! We had a half day at school so I played it from 1PM to 4PM ^_^ Not long really, but I'm lucky to play it at all

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I love it when I decide to bake or cook something on the spur of the moment, and all the ingredients are in my pantry!

12. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I won two tickets to go see the San Diego Gulls play Anchorage (semi-pro hockey) in San Diego this Saturday!
    I was able to upgrade my memory on my computer from 56 MB to 255MB without ruining my computer!

13. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

just listening to all you guys share such wonderful feelings brightens my day!

Thanks Rallymama for a great topic, lets keep this one alive!

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The other night I was crawling around on the floor playing trains with my son. It was great.

15. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] One of my shopping bags burst and a little old man gave me another and helped pick the beans up :heh:

16. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Fortune comes when you least expect it, and from the most unexpected of places...

:D

Teehee, who's laughing now!?

17. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I have a new teacher in maths! Wonderful! The old one couldn't explain anything at all! Im soooo happy :D

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Passed one exam in 0 term (far before the real one). One week more of holidays.

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I was traveling by train again, today, and I was listening to my new Jazz CD, Herbie Hancock.
    Someone tapped me on the shoulder and said something I could not understand, but it had something to do with LOUD. 'Is it too loud?', I asked. 'No', answered the woman, 'could you play it a lil louder? I think I like what I hear'.
    I looked at an other woman, in front of me and asked her if she didn't mind. 'Oh no! Surely not! Please, play these tunes as loud as possible so I can hear them, too'.
    I really fell sorry when I had to change trains.

I love reading these posts of yours. Nothing compares to all these simple happy things.
    Kids playing in the snow, fathers playing trains, helping complete strangers, calling your lover (200km is an absurt range for Dutch lovers. Glad to see Aegron doesn't mind the distance)

Cant we have a smiling :cry:

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well I had a training for Advertisement Sales today in Amsterdam. So I had to go from the other side of the country (south) (not that holland is that big but still) by the train :mad: .

Now for all you non hollanders here, The Dutch railways aren't really "on time", and that's easy said.

So I stepped in this morning with a feeling of dread, this will go wrong, and yes the first stop I had to switch cars, but the other one was already gone. So I had to take the next one a half hour later.

Now comes the good part. By the time I had to change cars a second time, the usual traffic had dissipated and I had almost a whole train for myself.

BTW I arrived exactly on time ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.