1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SoA keeps stealing my items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gamer, Nov 18, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Big B, ROTFL!

Yep, she's definetly bald. The hair you see is a spell. Since I played F/M/T I just casted True Sight once, and spotted Jaheira's indeed interesting appearance.

Of course, you could have noticed it before - she had nice brown hair in BG1 and now that beautiful hair is gone in BG2.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 21, 2001).]

2. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Okay, perhaps we're onto something here.
    Has anybody lost items who has NOT used Shadowkeeper?

I use Shadowkeeper to tweak the appearance of my characters, but nothing else (honest!).

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] I NEVER lost any item.

I NEVER used ShadowKeeper.

That's why I'm so "touchy" up there.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I used SK once, to correct a proficiency error hehe. but I did have that item thing happen to me BEFORE I got it. Happened with the equalizer pommel jewel and wellyn's bear. no, my inv wasnt full and it didn't drop when i recieved something and no i didn't sell/put it in bag of holding. Shit happens, it's a good thing I was playing a Monk instead of my usual Elven arse or I my bladesinger would've been pissed at the loss of his fav. sword's pommel jewel

5. zaknafein Guest

i lost a few things before i used SK (never again unless i feel like making a drow or something) these include kitthix and my familiar

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Losage of Kitthix is one of standard "glitches" (not real bug). If black spider figurine is used, and your inventory is full - figurine won't be able to return to your inventory and is lost for good.

Familiar vanish is a bug indeed, but as all real bugs, the problem was dealt long ago on these boards as you could spot above.

These two have nothing to do with ShadowKeeper.

[EDIT]

Just spotted R'Syil... Where are you man? What took you so long?

I can remember that I lost Pommel Jewel first time I played SoA, too. I got other parts of the Equalizer, but no damn jewel in my inventory! Now, I was 100% sure it was in my inventory all the time, and now it's gone... Bugs, bugs, everywhere I said and got :mad:.
    Then again, I went to Cromwell (who cares why, even I don't remember why) and checked the barrel a bit south from his house - the Jewel was INSIDE! I was absolutely sure I never left the Jewel there, but I did placed many items inside that were too much for my inventory in early chapters (Kangaxx Parts, Jaheira's Hair, Empty Bottles, etc etc)... But probably accidentally I also moved Jewel from my inventory to the barrel. Or I simply forgot that I placed it there.

R'Syil, are you really sure something like this haven't happened to you?

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 22, 2001).]

7. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Fair enough.
    I guess Shadowkeeper is off the hook for this one then. :nolike:

Darn. I don't really want to play and have to check my pockets before every save to see that nothing has gone missing. That kind of takes the fun out of it, you know?
    This could be nasty if you lost a quest item and didn't realise it until much later. :sosad:

Like most people, I keep all my excess inventory stashed in town. I use the shield on the wall in Walkens Promenade and the tables outside the Copper Coronet.
    Nothing has ever gone missing from there (I think!).

8. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

That's weird! So that's why someone told me not to get too used to my cloak of mirroring. I haven't got the patch and played the game right through without a hitch. I wonder if it's because i bought a later version of the game? Also, in my version, i leave shit lying on the floor all over the place and i have always, without fail, come back to see the item exactly where i left it. I leave items on the ground, in bookshelves, on tables... all sorts of places, never had a thing go missing. One time I dropped the book of Kaza in the middle of the slums district and came back about a week later, remembering where i put it, and lo and behold, there it was just sitting there next to a cat (although it smelled a little funny after that).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.