1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 10

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I want to roll with him, a hard pair we will be,
    a little gambling is fun when you're with me

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No takers on that one. New lyrics:

Hold on to your promise,
    you can use it for a crutch,
    stand by while all your dreams are trampled in the dust

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy -- Ren and Stimpy.

5. dmc

Media:
    Not so much, but it would be funny to hear that on Ren & Stimpy.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Uh, the gambling one was "Poker Face", are the rest of those lyrics from the same song? God, I hate Lady Gaga.

7. dmc

Media:
    Nope - I just threw that in because I heard it on the radio that day and wanted to see if anyone knew the song. This latest one is rock, but not classic rock.

8. dmc

Media:
    So, no Pennywise fans apparently (song was Alien).
    New lyrics from a song being vastly overplayed on the radio right now:

So sentimental, not sentimental no,
    Romantic not disgusting yet
    Darling, I'm down and lonely when with the fortunate only
    I've been looking for something else
    Do let, do let, do let, jugulate, do let, do let, do . . .

9. dmc

Media:
    So, no Phoenix fans either (song was Liztomania).
    New lyrics from a song that safely fits into the classic rock genre:

Cold comfort for change . . .

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wish You Were Here -- Pink Floyd

11. dmc

Media:
    Yep.

12. T2Bruno

Media:
    They say I better stop or I'll go blind.

13. dmc

Media:
    Cyndi Lauper - She Bop

Given the woeful failure on my part to post accessible lyrics for anything other than what could be described as classic rock, I'll stick to that.

I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Daniel by Sir Elton John

15. dmc

Media:
    Yep.

16. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Easy one:

I still want you by my side
    just to help me dry the tears that I've cried

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    First cut is the deepest, by erh...
    Can't remember her name. That too blonde, too skinny, too American woman, who probably has a nice personality nonetheless.

18. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Sheryl Crowe. But she's not the original artist. But since I didn't ask for that, you are up, MoN!

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    And I thought MoN was referring to the Rod Stewart version....

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol: Yeah, that must have been odd. :D My ex listened to Sheryl Crow quite a lot. I didn't like that song all too much. I listened to the Rod Stewart original just yet. That's much better, I must say.

I have no idea if the next lyrics are tough or not. I'll just give it a try. If you know what genres I like, it might narrow it down for quite a bit.

I had a taste inside o' me
    for some good old-fashioned greens
    Didn't want no yam, didn't want no ham
    didn't want no butterbeans.
    I shot down to the market
    and there I saw the sign.
    I MUST be goin' crazy
    or else I'm goin' blind cause the sign said:
    *Song title*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.