1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 10

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Lock your daddy out of doors
    I don't need him nosing around

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Haha! :D Rant ahead. I need it! I'm a total knucklehead when it comes to classic rock! My best friends want to slap me in the face when Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Deep Purple play and I ask: "What band is this again..?" :D
    I'm better in my own genres, I guess. :s

3. Susipaisti

Not even classic rock seems to work these days. Let's try one more time, with more lyrics from the same song:

Get your party gown
    Get your pigtail down
    Get your heart beatin baby
    Got your timin right
    Got your act all tight
    Its gotta be tonight my little
    Schoolbabe

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Isn't that Queen - Tie your mother down? (I'm sorry for the questionmark. :lol: )

Btw: In a home where people usually listened to Dire Straits, The Police, Simon & Garfunkel, Alan Parsons Project and Chicago, Queen was pretty rough. :p It might have been the roughest thing played in our house until the youngest son (me) started listening to stuff like Beastie Boys or The Prodigy etc.

5. Susipaisti

Yay! Correct.

I can't stand Queen, myself. Just went for the classic rock.

6. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Obviously, I'll not go for classic rock. :D

And I know: I can walk along the tracks.
    It may take a little longer,
    but I'll know how to find my way back.

7. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Nothing yet? Here more of the same song, 2nd couplet.

I feel like an old *title*
    who's really tried the best that he can
    to make his life add up to something good,
    but this engine no longer burns on wood
    and I guess I may never understand
    the times that I live in
    are not made for a *title*.

8. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Hmm. Last hint?
    The lead singer (called "E" for a long time), is the son of Hugh Everett, who is famous for proposing the Many-Worlds / Parallel Universes theory.

9. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Railroad Man by Eels

10. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Yup! nior's up!

11. nior Gems: 24/31

If you feel like leaving you know you can go,
    But why don't you stay until tomorrow?

12. nior Gems: 24/31

Hmmm, I thought it was an easy one. Hint, the first word of the title is a female name.

13. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    I've absolutely no idea, but it's giving me the idea that Elton John has a part in this somehow...

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I now recall it, but cannot bring myself to post the answer. (And no, MoN, Elton John is not in this answer.)

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Alright, I'll do it....

Sara Smile -- Hall and Oats.

16. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    [​IMG] Do I deserve being slapped around with a large trout if neither artist nor title sounds familiar? :mommy:

17. nior Gems: 24/31

T2B got it.

@MoN, not knowing Sara Smile is acceptable but not familiar with Hall and Oates? I highly recommend checking out youtube MoN, they got some of the best songs in the late 70's to 80's era. I'm sure you would enjoy some of those.

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This one's been covered a few times....

I felt all flush with fever, embarrassed by the crowd.
    I felt he found my letters and read each one out loud.

19. nior Gems: 24/31

Killing Me Softly - Roberta Flack

20. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn nior.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.