1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 10

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You're up, dmc.

Actually, I wanted to post Dr. Feelgood by the Crue, but when I went to check on the lyrics, Smokin' came up as well, and I couldn't resist a bit of a curveball. :)

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The wind in the willow played
    Love's sweet melody
    But all of those vows you made
    Were never to be

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just disqualified myself. I was right about the song, but didn't know what artist to choose. :o

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I would suggest that there are really two to choose from (I think it was done half a dozen times, but only two artists would readily be associated with it). As this song was last recorded before any of the participants in this thread were born, I wasn't going to be picky on the artist. Most of us know this song by the first line sung by a certain lead character in a certain extremely popular '70's sitcom . . .

5. dmc

Media:
    Well, it was Blueberry Hills (Richie Cunningham sung the first line many times when discussing dates on Happy Days).

Anyway, new lyrics from my teen years:

Slipped me notes under the desk
    While I was thinkin' about her dress

6. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    J. Geils Band - 'Centerfold'

7. dmc

Media:
  8. Gaear

Media:
    She turned away, what was she looking at?
    She was a sour girl the day that she met me
    Hey, what are you looking at?
    She was a happy girl the day that she left me

9. dmc

Media:
    I'm guessing Sour Girl by STP based on the second line. Never really liked that album, but I have it somewhere.

10. Gaear

Media:
    That is correct.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had to search the web to find out what STP stands for. Stone Temple Pilots, apparently. Never heard of them. Are they that big that you guys can recognize the band by an abbreviation?

12. dmc

Media:
    Well, from my perspective they are big enough to be "initialized." They came from San Diego and were perhaps more popular in our local music scene than elsewhere. However, by this time they are, AFAI, well known everywhere. (Plus, a former law partner of mine represents them.)

13. dmc

Media:
    I want to hooooooooold you in my arms, yeah

14. Gaear

Media:
    You never heard of STP? They came from the grunge era and were contemporaries of Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc., (though they weren't from Seattle).

I never cared for them that much, but I like the chords in Sour Girl.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  15. dmc

Media:
    To follow my last quote . . .

I'm never gonna let you go, because I like your charms

16. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    That may be Zep, I think off, Zep II. But I can't think of the song. Maybe "Whole lotta Love?" No, it's off I, "How many More Times?" I can hear Plant singing it, but I can't quite place the song. Communication Breakdown. Took a while to come to me. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Right band, wrong song(s).

Zep - Communication Breakdown

18. dmc

Media:
    Looks like Chandos' edit came ahead of Splunge's post, so you're up CtR.

19. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Sorry for the confusion; I must have been dazed. :grin:

I've had that recording in my head for days now, since your post, DMC.

"I've been lost now, days uncounted
    And it's months since I've seen home
    Can you hear me? Can you hear me?
    Or am I all alone?"

20. Chandos the Red

Media:
    The song is by a power trio that was fairly popular during the 70s.

---------- Added 21 hours, 50 minutes and 34 seconds later... ----------

...Performed by a self-declared, "American Band."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.