1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 10

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He climbed cathedral mountains, he saw silver clouds below,
    saw everything as far as you can see.
    And they say that he got crazy once and that he
    tried to touch the sun,
    and he lost a friend, but kept the memory.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A completely wild gues, based on:
    1) the lyrics, which kind of fit, and
    2) the fact that posting a song with an almost identical title as the previous one is something you would do. :p

John Denver - Rocky Mountain High

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like keeping to themes...

Your turn Splunge.

5. Splunge

Media:
    Here's an example of a desparate attempt to make stuff rhyme:

Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas
    You know he knows just exactly what the facts is

6. T2Bruno

Media:
    You should see the stuff written by Alan Jackson.

Take the Money and Run -- Steve Miller Band

7. Splunge

Media:
    Yup

8. T2Bruno

Media:
    This tall lady stopped and asked if I had plans for dinner
    Said no thanks ma'am, back home we like the girls that sing soprano

The performer pronounces the word soprano as "supranna" to make it almost rhyme.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, I'm going to say Alan Jackson based on your last post, but I have no idea of the song, probably because I have never listened to any Alan Jackson songs.

10. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    The "tall lady" must be a trans. Maybe it's Alan Jackson meets "Lola."

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    Alright, I'll shift from Country....

Here's something I heard on my way in to work this morning ... although I've only posted the lead singer's lyrics -- there's a background singer adding words between each line.

Call my name and save me from the dark.
    Bid my blood to run.
    Before I come undone.
    Save me from the nothing I've become.

I personally think the lead singer has one of the best voices in music.

12. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

That's Evanescence with "Bring Me to Life."

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn Susipaisti.

14. Susipaisti

The sea began to shiver
    And the wind began to moan
    It must have been a sign for me
    To leave you well alone

I was warned about you, baby
    But my feelings were a little bit too strong

---------- Added 23 hours, 9 minutes and 17 seconds later... ----------

Oh crap. But hey, at least it ain't obscure metal.

Hint: this song has been covered by Black Sabbath (with incorrect lyrics).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  15. Susipaisti

It was "Warning" by The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation.

New song:

Power, power it happens every day
    Power, devour all along the way
    Oh no, move me out of harm
    I need a spell and a charm
    Fly like the wind
    I'm no pawn, so be gone, speed on and on

16. Susipaisti

Looks like I killed it twice. Oops. Let's try one more time.

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
    With flowers and my love, both never to come back
    I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
    Like a newborn baby it just happens every day

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    Paint it Black -- Rolling Stones

18. Susipaisti

Clear!
    *SKONK*
    *beep...beep...beep...*

T2's up.

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    Live those dreams.
    Scheme those schemes.
    Got to hit me, hit me, hit me with those laser beams.

20. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think it's Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Relax. The hit me, hit me, hit me bit is sort of a giveaway. I hope I'm right and not, say, overly embarassed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.