1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm, you may be right! And come to think of it, Frankenstein and Yyz are instrumentals as well. :p

Well then, I have no idea what dmc's song is. :(

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

:doh: I don't know "Frankestein" but since I have Rush's "Moving Pictures" the only thing that I can say for my defense is that I haven't listened it for years.

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Hold On Loosely, 38 Special

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Right Jaguar.

BTW, Splunge, for bonus points, do you know where the name YYZ came from?

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, now that you mention it - no. I always just assumed it was a nonsense title, like Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4". But I'll take a wild (and I'm sure incorrect) stab at it and guess that it would be pronounced "eyes".

BTW, when I tried unsuccessfully to Google the answer (yes, I would have fessed up if I found it ;) ), I came across a site the said the worst song on Moving Pictures was Red Barchetta. :flaming: They have got to be kidding! - that's one of my absolute favorites - not only of Rush's, but of any song.
    Idiots. :grr:

6. BOC

7. Splunge

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Apparently not. :( But thanks. :D

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

/me pushes aside the other conversation

Okay, me turn, me turn!

I was elated it was over
    The room was spinnin' I was out of breath
    A cold fever, I couldn't shake it
    I woke up with a gun to my head
    He had explosives, tied me to them
    The clock would tick each time I blinked
    He drove me up to the mansion
    Set the fuse and locked the gate

9. Splunge

Media:
    Well, I guess it's time for me to take on my regular role here:

Hint, please.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No idea here either. :confused:

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Ok. The name of the group that sings it can be found in graveyards. And also...

"[Song Title] couldn't make into Mexico
    Doubled down gambled all the money up his nose
    Had to drive all the way back to 'Frisco
    Top Down always blastin' on the stereo"

12. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I know there's a band called Obituary, but...

...eh, I got nuthin'. :nolike:

13. Splunge

Media:
    I thought I might have had it there for a second, but then I realised that it was just because the words "Mexico" and "stereo" reminded me of Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo.

The only band I can think of is Headstones, and while I would recognise some of their music if I heard it, I'm not familiar enough to know the lyrics. And if it is the Headstones, I think they were a Canadian band without a lot of international recognition, so this could be a tough one.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can confirm that this is a tough one.

15. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Tiny Teddy-Headstones.

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Correct (Finally. Really, I had more faith in you guys then this. Sheesh. :p )

Your go Benanthalin.

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I just happen to be a big Headstones fan.

Mellow is the man
    Who knows what he's been missing
    many many men
    can't see the open road

18. BOC

"Over the hills and far away" by Led Zeppelin.

Company always on the run
    Destiny is the rising sun
    Oh I was born 6-gun in my hand
    Behind a gun I'll make my final stand

[ July 08, 2004, 21:56: Message edited by: BOC ]

19. Harbourboy

I've never even heard of the Headstones. Damn, I missed out on the Led Zep one. Anyway, this one doesn't ring any bells with me though.

20. Splunge

Media:
    I'm pretty sure it's Bad Company by Bad Company, but I'll have to wait for confirmation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.