1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hoorah! Finally got one :grin:

Venus never showed the way
    The stars would not be sold
    Heaven sold the light of day
    And we were never told

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hint, please.

I think half my post count is a result of posts like this. :p

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Alright, some hints:

The song of this band which became popular was released in 1997. These lyrics may be a bit more familiar (though strangely enough, no one I talk to seems to remember this song, no matter how obsessive we all were over it at the time ;) )
    And the band is not obscure :D

She dreams a champagne dream
    Stawberry surprise, pink linen and white paper
    Lavender and cream
    Fields of butterflies, reality escapes her
    She says that love is for fools who fall behind
    And I'm somewhere between
    I never really know
    A killer from a savior
    'Til I break at the bend

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Woo Hoo! I get to add to my post count yet again! :p

Aik, perhaps you should post a new set of lyrics from a different band, since nobody seems to know this one.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Rightio, the first one was Song For You by Fuel, the second one was Shimmer.
    This one should be easier...

'Someone feed the monkey while I dig in search of China'

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    A Perfect Circle - Weak and Powerless

Not having confirmation, but figuring I'm right . . .

This I feel as the dawn, It fades to gray

[ June 16, 2004, 06:21: Message edited by: dmc ]

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I hereby confirm it, and will probably not get another quote for a few months now :(

Still, it was good having you all stumped, and confirming my theory that no matter how well known a band is, it doesn't necessarily mean that anyone's ever heard of them...

8. Splunge

Media:
    Damn! I'm so tempted to say Stone Temple Pilots, but I can't tink of the song.

Maybe it'll come to me later...

9. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Creep - Stone Temple Pilots

Thanks Splunge... I could think of the song, but not the artist :p

10. Splunge

Media:
    [​IMG] :grr:

^
    |
    |
    ...says it all.

:p

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    In case confirmation is needed, Creep is correct. Sorry Splunge. :doh:

12. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31

I wasn't sure if it was Creep or one of the other songs off Core.

You helped him, you laid by his side when he died.
    He held in his breath and you broke down and cried.
    You stood there, confused, you couldn't believe.
    You're helpless, and realize, it's better you leave.

13. dmc

Media:
    Hint please . . . Doesn't even sound vaguely familiar.

14. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31

Sorry, I have realized that it is probably pretty obscure.... but it was late and I just choose a song off the album I had playing at the time... since I appear to have killed the game for so long I'll give a rather obvious hint.

The band changed their name to Finger Eleven after their first album.

15. dmc

Media:
    Never heard of them, so I hope someone else has.

16. Splunge

Media:
    I've heard of them, but that's about it. They might be a Canadian band. I'd probably recognise their music if I heard it, but I'm not familiar enough with them to know the lyrics.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Never heard of them either.

18. Splunge

Media:
    That's long enough to wait for a hint, and since one doesn't seem to be forthcoming:

Mother told me, yes, she told me I’d meet girls like you.
    She also told me, stay away, you’ll never know what you’ll catch.
    Just the other day I heard a soldier falling off some indonesian junk that’s going round.

Mommy’s alright, daddy’s alright, they just seem a little weird.

19. dmc

Media:
    Cheap Trick - Surrender

Would you like to learn to fly?
    Would you like to see me try?

20. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"One of my tunes" by Pink Floyd.

Long ago in days I'm told
    Were ruled by Lords of greed
    Maidens fared with gold they dared
    To bare their wombs that bleed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.