1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Right, time to bury this once and for all. The answer to my quotation is *drum roll*: Birthday Cake, by Cibo Matto.

As one, the SPers frowned and muttered "WTF?"

And yes, it is weird. As weird as limbo on a frosty planar morning. :nuts:

There's this odd whining/screeching/winnying noise at the beginning, that reminds me of this girl who used to moan at one of my housemates for being lazy. It is quite possible that this is the main reason I remember this song, because it still makes me chuckle, even now.

Obviously, most sane people would probably just think "that's really random" and forget it, but not me. Oh no.

And as for Nakia's clue: I've no idea. :bang:

The forum breathed a sigh of relief. They were safe. For now...

@Nakia:
    Right, I'm getting hungry. Time for some brains! Where did I leave that straw...?

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Isn't that from the extra verse to This Land is Your Land (the Canadian part)? Woodie Guthrie is the only artist I know who did that song, so maybe I am wrong.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Right, dmc. Your turn. I only beg of you, don't do to us what another, unnamed, person did. My head still hurts from :bang:

edit: I asked for first & last name because there are two Guthries, Woody & Arlo.

[ February 18, 2005, 02:07: Message edited by: Nakia Nightshadow ]

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    OK. Back to a classic:

Let's get together
    Before we get much older

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh.. er... The Who - err.. Teenage Wasteland??

6. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Damn! I thought my taste in music had a wide range but, after following this thread for a while, it seems rather limited.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, it's just that the only quotes posted are those that only a certain group of people is ever going to know. It's them that are limited, not us! :p

8. dmc

Media:
    MoN - you're close . . .

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dammit! MoN has the song, but not the title. I remember this distinctly because the same song was quote earlier in this game, and I gave the same answer as MoN. And I still can't remember the real title. :grr:

10. dmc

Media:
    Really, I hadn't realized that I was being so unoriginal. It's a trick question, of course, as the title should be the name MoN gave, but it's something completely different. I imagine that someone like BOC will read this thread and post it in a heartbeat.

11. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Alright, I've actually seen this song listed as Teenage Wasteland on the back of a sound track CD. Though the real name is Baba O'Riley.

12. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

You've got me this time dmc, I always remember this song as "Teenage wasteland" but I can never remember correctly its original title, which is something like "Baba O' something". BTW, I didn't recognise the lyrics you posted, it was MoN's post which gave a hint.

Edit: Avarahtar posted the correct answer, when I was typing this post.

13. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I am not sure why I didn't just post some lyrics right away because I was quite sure of my answer, but here they are:

Masquerading as a man with a reason
    My charade is the event of the season
    And if I claim to be a wise man, well
    It surely means that I don't know

14. BOC

"Carry on my wayward son" by Kansas.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Those quotes are the most fun. :thumb: I would never had remembered that. I even never knew the real name. My brother took that album with him when he left home, I guess, because I can only find The Who's "Tommy" here.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, it's listed as Teenage Wasteland on the "Girl next door" soundtrack iirc.

17. dmc

Media:
    BOC - just in case you're waiting, I can obviously confirm those lyrics (having every Kansas album on either cassette or 8-track -- gulp).

18. BOC

I knew my answer was correct, I just wanted to show my good manners by waiting for confirmation. :D

Chico Fernandez sleepin' on his gun
    Dreams of Santa-Anna fighting in the sun

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No one seems to be even guessing. Is it originally in Spanish? I think it was, not that helps me any. Unless the name is by some wild chance 'Chico Fernandez'.

Hint time?

20. dmc

Media:
    Knowing BOC, this is probably some version of metal, as he and I have a fairly consistent overlap of knowledge except in that area, where I am sadly (happily?) deficient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.